Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rescued 2 week old kitten

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭jimf

damagegt wrote: »
    as in no pictures or videos in less then 24hrs ?

ya 24 hours what you trying to do keep him all to yourself or something :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I've spent the last hour reading this whole thread.
    I'm not a Cat lover, in fact I've quite a dislike for them but it's impossible not to be warmed by this thread:)
    Never come across a thread/story like this before and i hope it doesn't die off anytime soon, although I suspect the OP is getting fed up of all the photo requests now so maybe we'll let him reduce the frequency as time goes on!
    Also,I'm sure there's loads of shelters out there looking for foster daddys:)

May I also suggest a forum beers in Cork sometime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

ryanf1 wrote: »
    I'm not a Cat lover, in fact I've quite a dislike for them but it's impossible not to be warmed by this thread:)
    Never come across a thread/story like this before and i hope it doesn't die off anytime soon, although I suspect the OP is getting fed up of all the photo requests now so maybe we'll let him reduce the frequency as time goes on!

Are you suggesting taking Cobbles to the pub? He'll have to leave at 9pm tho - is underage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

ryanf1 wrote: »

Im glad you like the thread.I just hope that people that might end up in the same situation can find some help from all this.
    Nah,It aint going anywhere. :) I just don't have as much time at the moment to sort my phone situation so unless someone drops over Iv nothing to capture videos/pictures.
    Hmmmm beer,I do like beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

so unless someone drops over Iv nothing to capture videos/pictures.

You shouldn't say that, I fancy myself a bit of a photographer and live not horrifically far from you :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

You shouldn't say that, I fancy myself a bit of a photographer and live not horrifically far from you :P

I go from Cork to Garretstown quite often so I can help... em.. make the tea? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Karl Stein wrote: »
    I go from Cork to Garretstown quite often so I can help... em.. make the tea? :D

I'll sell the entrance tickets....;)

Proceeds go to beers....:pac:

haha my niece was changing her friends to see him.Little sneak.

I cant tell you how much of an absolute lunatic hes become.I opened the door of his room this morning and he ran straight out,up the whole length of my body and on to my shoulders.Then down the stairs in to kitchen to terrorize the dogs.Three days ago he was having trouble going down the stairs. :eek:

First night lighting a fire after the summer,look at the poor mite.Hes wreaked after a day of been a complete psycho.
    322826.jpg

Thanks for that Honer.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Your niece is setting up her College Fund, she's very smart! And with that picture you've got your Christmas card sorted :pac:

That's a gorgeous dog too, by the way...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Do the dogs not mind him?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It's not often you see a Dog and Cat getting along together like that!

Do the dogs not mind him?

Izzy tolerates him ,but meekka is a very motherly dog and patient ,carries socks/teddys around like their pups.Licks them,brings them to bed.She does the same with Finnbar,well maybe not the carring.He would scratch her eyes out.
    He does send alot of time jumping around/on her and she doesn't budge.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Izzy tolerates him ,but meekka is a very motherly dog and patient ,carries socks/teddys around like their pups.Licks them,brings them to bed.She does the same with Finnbar,well maybe not the carring.He would scratch her eyes out.
    He does send alot of time jumping around/on her and she doesn't budge.

And here I thought this thread couldn't get any more adorable! :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You do know we now need a photo of Izzy too, don't you? We don't want her to feel left out ;)

New Home wrote: »
    You do know we now need a photo of Izzy too, don't you? We don't want her to feel left out ;)

Here is the pack at the beach today ,from front to back,Meeka,Izzy and Brock (sisters),Mollys there too but shes pretty old and has no time for these young'ns.Also a closer shot of Izzy.
    322915.jpg
    322916.jpg

Awwwh.... They're sooo lovely, thanks for posting these! They've such sweet faces you just want to give them a cuddle!!:) These are definitely happy dogs...
    And with role models such as these around him, I wouldn't be overly surprised if, sooner or later, Finby started to bark... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Maybe Finbarr will be joining them for walks when he's older. I bumped into some new neighbours the other night, they've got 2 dogs and 2 young cats and the cats were running along behind them while they were walking the dogs the other night.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Maybe Finbarr will be joining them for walks when he's older. I bumped into some new neighbours the other night, they've got 2 dogs and 2 young cats and the cats were running along behind them while they were walking the dogs the other night.:)

My parents' cats do that too! Dad is like Dr Doolittle going up the road at about 10pm.

Finbars first adventure outside.he looked a tad startled by it all.I think this is my favorite picture of him yet.
    https://vimeo.com/106873709
    323081.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Ha ha! Fab! He doesn't like that green stuff at all! Keeps hopping from paving stone to paving stone :D

I just had a read through the thread and i totally forgot about the lady that had Finbar at the start.I found out she was on holidays while this all happened so how did the kittens get into the shed and the mother not be in there ? The door was locked and it had no windows........anyway,when I called she denied EVERYTHING,the cats/kittens,the letters and complaints people had left her.So I went along with it so as not to upset her and suggested a TNR program with the estate as they have a pretty good committee already.I got "no no no get away from my front door"

There is not much more I can do if shes doesn't want the help.I tried to be as approachable and easy going about it all as I could but she was super defensive straight off the bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Ha ha! Fab! He doesn't like that green stuff at all! Keeps hopping from paving stone to paving stone :D

Kind of reminds me of the reaction of one of mine to the long haired rug in my spare bedroom. He used to walk on it very reluctantly and cautiously in case it might swallow him whole at any minute. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

'The adventures of Finbarr Cobblepot' is the best thing on the TV these days.

HE. IS. GORGEOUS. :cool: :D

In the video you posted a few days ago he still looked (to me) like a three-year-old child, getting big, but not quite ready to venture too far from Daddy, yet. Now Cobbles looks (to me) like a five or six-year-old, big, strong, happy, jumping all over the place and pretending to be the greatest warrior ever. :pac: I can almost hear him saying, "DAAA-AAAAD! I'm going over to Tom's house to play!! We're going to build a dinosaur and a castle and a spaceship and a robot and a sword!" :D

As for that lady, I don't know... She might have felt (through no fault of your own!) that she was being "attacked" yet again by a stranger, so her defensiveness might have been a pre-emptive strike, especially if others were more annoyed/unfriendly in their approach to her in the past, or if she felt that the content of the letters you mentioned was "aggressive". Whether she's on board with it or not, the truth of the matter is that there is an uncertain number of cats at high risk at the moment, and also an uncertain number of kittens who are facing a potentially terrible death. If the cats are hers, she could potentially face prosecution for neglect, mistreatment and even cruelty, especially considering the conditions in which you found Cobbles and his siblings, locked in a shed with no access to mammy cat and therefore no food, water or proper shelter. I'm not suggesting you should report her just yet, especially if she's indeed suffering from a mental illness, but would you/your residents' association perhaps consider contacting a TNR or rescue group, or even a sympathetic vet and ask for advice? They may have encountered something similar before and might be able to help...

Sorry, this is yet another one of my long posts....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Oh! Now there's a beautiful thing. He's unreal! :D

His eyes are just divine!

I'm off to Dublin for a few days now.I think I'm getting separation anxiety :(

Now you know how WE've been feeling... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

But But!!
    Can you not bring Finbarr??
    Who will mind him? Who will update us??

• Advertisement

But But!!
    Can you not bring Finbarr??
    Who will mind him? Who will update us??
    Not this time.He would have to be with me all day and as much as I wouldn't mind that,others might.
    Hes with my sister and she son,who has fallen in love with him.Ill try get them to send me some pictures but If not ill be back down on Tuesday.I'm sure u'll all be fine.:)

Advertisement