Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rescued 2 week old kitten

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

damagegt wrote: »
    Oh god Grey .I hope everything is ok ? as for the pictures.I got hit with a wave while out catching dinner.I thought it was the sun warming my arse but it turns out it was the battery of my phone.Whoops!

Now d, it's all about Finbarr.....stop hogging the limelight!!....:D:D:D:p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

....Mmmmh... :/

Three days ago it was "A wave drowned my phone"... what's the excuse now, "The dog chewed my USB cable"? WHERE'S FINBARR??
    We. Need. Photos. Pwetty pweeze... Or at least updates...

Or, in my case, a life... but that's a whole different thread...

I'd say by now Master Cobblepot is catching his own fishies for dinner... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

New Home wrote: »
    ....Mmmmh... :/

Three days ago it was "A wave drowned my phone"... what's the excuse now, "The dog chewed my USB cable"? WHERE'S FINBARR??
    We. Need. Photos. Pwetty pweeze... Or at least updates...

Or, in my case, a life... but that's a whole different thread...

I'd say by now Master Cobblepot is catching his own fishies for dinner... ;)

NH! you read my mind!

I was thinking about kitty today!....

We need photos!!...Please.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Problem: Withdrawal symptoms from lack of Cobbles
    Solution: PICTURES
    Just my hypothesis ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭taytobreath

is he eating solids yet. I've been away from the thread myself so im not sure, i should check the other pages but....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

PREVIOUSLY, ON THIS THREAD:

Last week, our little darling Finbarr was taking to the new food pretty well. Last we heard, Taytobreath, he was on a purée of freshly cooked fish with formula in it, but he was beginning to eat from the saucer.

Now, if only Damagegt posted something we'd have a new episode to watch... Netflix move over...

To be continued...

(hopefully soon) :pac:

...and we haven't even warned him of the dangers of warm engines and tyres in winter for a kitten...

...and we haven't warned him of the dangers of warm engines and tyres in winter for a kitten...

Our first stray had no fur on his back and burned skin from a hot engine. Only a few weeks when we found him, skinny and lonely, he's 10 now and happily sleeping in front of the fire with a full belly, purring away :)

:eek: Poor, lucky kitty... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Finnbar has turned into a total menace .If hes not tearing up and down the stairs hes terrorizing the dogs ,half way up the curtains,jumping out of some corner eating my feet.But check out his abs!

https://vimeo.com/106090553 Video :)
    This video was two days ago .Hes a totally different beast now :)
    322374.jpg
    322373.jpg

Hes completely on to solids now.So my next question is where do I go from here? Vets appointments,disciplining (if thats possible)....

Our first stray had no fur on his back and burned skin from a hot engine. Only a few weeks when we found him, skinny and lonely, he's 10 now and happily sleeping in front of the fire with a full belly, purring away :)

Ah the poor thing,Did the hair grow back ?

Finnbar has turned into a total menace .If hes not tearing up and down the stairs hes terrorizing the dogs ,half way up the curtains,jumping out of some corner eating my feet.But check out his abs!

https://vimeo.com/106090553 Video :)
    This video was two days ago .Hes a totally different beast now :)

Hes completely on to solids now.So my next question is where do I go from here? Vets appointments,disciplining (if thats possible)....

Send him to boarding school, that'll teach him! ;):D

He seems in great form, I think the vet visit can wait another few weeks, but that's just me. As for the disciplining, I'd start with a good scratching post and a few toys to keep him entertained and away from your curtains - fat chance :rolleyes:... I remember reading some other posts a while back about a Feliway plug-in or similar, it might help to calm him and make him feel less anxious/nervous/stressed while you're away.

Anyway, thanks for the update, D! That young cat is gorgeous, he's growing up big, strong, funny and happy - we knew already he was smart :cool:. I'm sure you'll never be bored again, with him around! Congratulations, you've done sterling work with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jeez he's getting big!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Time to start his routine; before he get fed make sure you play with him (da bird is great but buy plenty as they will break) to the point he wants to go after it but simply cant. Then you feed him, he'll groom himself and go to sleep. Rinse repeat basically. This way you can focus his energy to the toy rather than becoming a acid addicted clawed fur ball terrorist roaming around your house :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

That is incredible, he's like a proper little cat now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Thread is featured on the boards.ie Facebook :D:D

FINBAR'S FAMOUS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

disciplining (if thats possible)....

Bwaaaa haaaa haaaaa haaaaaaaaa haaaaaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

disciplining (if thats possible)....

Oh it's possible alright. I'm sure Master Cobbles will have you disciplined in no time at all. :pac:

Start with a collar... make sure it's your size... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Start with a collar... make sure it's your size... :D

Hahahaha. Another poor owner lost to the cleverness of the domestic moggy. It is indeed the moggy who is the owner. All shall bow to the moggy:D

Ah the poor thing,Did the hair grow back ?

Yes it did, he's a dote now

Nody wrote: »
    Time to start his routine; before he get fed make sure you play with him (da bird is great but buy plenty as they will break) to the point he wants to go after it but simply cant. Then you feed him, he'll groom himself and go to sleep. Rinse repeat basically. This way you can focus his energy to the toy rather than becoming a acid addicted clawed fur ball terrorist roaming around your house :P
    Thats work so well.Ran around like a mad man,ate food then fell over and fell asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Hes doing so well, hes a gorgeous wee menace and hes turned all my friends into cat lovers

nicki11 wrote: »
    Hes doing so well, hes a gorgeous wee menace and hes turned all my friends into cat lovers
    Me too,Hes the first thing I tend to in the morning,hes always so happy to see me.I come in later that day and its more of the same.Id be lost if he wasnt around me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Have just read this thread from start to finish and it's made me laugh and cry. Such luck that you found him OP, you really saved him and he's thriving. Well done, you should be really proud of yourself. It's obvious from your posts how much you love him!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

Me too,Hes the first thing I tend to in the morning,hes always so happy to see me.I come in later that day and its more of the same.Id be lost if he wasnt around me now.

This post really made me smile this morning. It's brilliant that such a fluffy wee joy-bundle can drop into your life out of nowhere and that you're both doing so well together. Fair play to OP, little Cobbles is so lucky to have you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

There's been a dearth of pictures and videos lately - I demand my Finbarr fix!

Addmagnet wrote: »
    There's been a dearth of pictures and videos lately - I demand my Finbarr fix!
    as in no pictures or videos in less then 24hrs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

as in no pictures or videos in less then 24hrs ?

Yeah man, need to get a webcam. I'm sure you could get a kick starter campaign going to have Finbars entire life caught on camera ala the Truman Show

Advertisement