Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Have you guys finished many of your courses yet? We're coming to the end of Maths and Applied Maths too, but we've still got all of magnetism to do in Physics and the last four chapters to do in Chemistry! Everything else is pretty much done I guess :o Really frustrating not being done at this stage of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

We still have 4 chapters to do in Biology and 3 chapters to do in Maths, apart from that we're finished (well, we're not technically finished Chemistry as our teacher isn't going to cover the optional chapters with us, but we're finished in terms of the work our teacher planned on covering...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Have you guys finished many of your courses yet? We're coming to the end of Maths and Applied Maths too, but we've still got all of magnetism to do in Physics and the last four chapters to do in Chemistry! Everything else is pretty much done I guess :o Really frustrating not being done at this stage of the year.
    We've pretty much finished maths. Physics we have I think two chapters on magnetism still left, apparently we'll be done next week.

Every other subject is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Edrees98

We finished maths this week, but physics and biology we have 3 chapters each which is, as you say, frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rachel98

Just started our last chapter in biology (human defence) & mostly finished maths. Still loads to do in geography though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

So as grads are coming near, have a qs for the lads
    What are you supposedwear for grads?
    Suit or pant, shirt and tie.

When you say grads, do you mean like an all-boys school's 'debs' or a graduation ceremony?

If it's just a graduation ceremony, in our school it's just a shirt/tie (usually without the tie) kind of event. :P

When you say grads, do you mean like an all-boys school's 'debs' or a graduation ceremony?

If it's just a graduation ceremony, in our school it's just a shirt/tie (usually without the tie) kind of event. :P

Grad ceremony. Yh its been that for my school aswell, but then you have some wearing their suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

just don't take your pants off and you'll be fine :D

Nobody gives a s*** about the graduation ceremony except the religion teachers who inexplicably need twenty euros from every student to pay for a few biscuits and some squash.

TSMGUY wrote: »
    just don't take your pants off and you'll be fine :D

Nobody gives a s*** about the graduation ceremony except the religion teachers who inexplicably need twenty euros from every student to pay for a few biscuits and some squash.

Hahaha, you cracked me up about the religion teachers.
    EXACTLY...

• Advertisement

Hahaha, you cracked me up about the religion teachers.
    EXACTLY...

I really do wonder where the money goes.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Valium for the teachers so they can all smile and say nice things about the students who have been driving them mental for 6 years! :pac:

That's strange our school doesn't ask us to pay for the ceremony, we only have to bring in something for refreshments on he night :o twenty two euros seems steep enough :P

Ours doesn't have any religion in it, it's just teachers and students making speeches, handing out Certs, revealing the 6th year art piece and a slideshow of our best pictures. We've a mass for 6th and 3rd years the week before though.

That's strange our school doesn't ask us to pay for the ceremony, we only have to bring in something for refreshments on he night :o twenty two euros seems steep enough :P

Ours doesn't have any religion in it, it's just teachers and students making speeches, handing out Certs, revealing the 6th year art piece and a slideshow of our best pictures. We've a mass for 6th and 3rd years the week before though.

Ours was an alarmist speech about how what we do now will determine the rest of our lives, corny speeches with quotes like "You are the captain of your own destiny", sh**e music performed by our very own 6th year wannabes (picture a very bad rendition of already crap songs by Coldplay) and everyone dying to get the f*** out so they could go clubbing (where teachers who were clearly party animals in another life would show up uninvited).

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TooMuchWork

Anyone else get Maynooth accommodation today?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

Anyone else get Maynooth accommodation today?

No :( my atrocious internet let me down and the page wouldnt load :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TooMuchWork

koolis02 wrote: »
    No :( my atrocious internet let me down and the page wouldnt load :mad:

Unlucky - you may still have a chance when the offers are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

edit: nevermind got it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Consonata

UCD Residences applications are opening in 20 minutes for the curious!

Consonata wrote: »
    UCD Residences applications are opening in 20 minutes for the curious!
    Pretty sure when they say the 9th of May they mean tomorrow morning not tonight :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Consonata

Pretty sure when they say the 9th of May they mean tomorrow morning not tonight :p

Haha I was hoping they would go all out, here's me being overexcited about college haha

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

Does anyone know the exact question for An Triail in examcraft mock and king kear in examcraft? trying to do these as practise. Thanks!
    I presume most people aren't using the mocks thread so I'll post it here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Corkalex

Is anyone else not stressed about the LC? I'm a bit worried because I'm not stressed enough

Corkalex wrote: »
    Is anyone else not stressed about the LC? I'm a bit worried because I'm not stressed enough

Only subject I'm worried for is maths. Everything else I'm just fed up with, done so many exam questions at this point I just want to get it over with.

Can't wait for the day I can forget Irish and not worry about having to write essays on poets.

I feel desensitised.

Only thing I'm sick of right now is still getting tons of English essays only to have them marked ridiculously hard.

Anyone have any good sources or something to help with probability? It's the hardest part of the syllabus for me because most of the times I don't understand what the question wants me to figure out.

Anyone have any good sources or something to help with probability? It's the hardest part of the syllabus for me because most of the times I don't understand what the question wants me to figure out.

Most of us in my class have the same problem. It's just impossible to know what exactly they want and the questions are worded badly 90% of the time. Someone said Khan Academy but they failed their last test so.... Mind you I failed my last maths test (I was pretty sick the last few weeks) so take my advice with a word of salt.

We've done tons of probability since the May exams but I don't think anyone actually understands probability fully.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It's quiet in here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭luftmensch

Peregrine wrote: »
    It's quiet in here!

*tumbleweed*

Advertisement