Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

Conaaaa wrote: »
    Is ag science as easy as biology

I personally find them about the same. Biology is slightly harder, but then again it's not, because I find it really interesting.
    Ag science is slightly easier but at the moment, we're studying soil (a quite big section of the course), which I find soo boring, so therefore I find it harder to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

I do all 3:ag,biology,chemistry
    I most say, for me anyways I find biology a walk in the park. It is basic learning and the answers req. do not need to be long usually 1 line.
    Then comes chemistry. The calculations make it interesting and its generally okay. It is a good subject to have and its not that difficult.
    Then comes ag. I hate it. But I have to take it up and aim for a A. It requires a heap load of studying and the project all depends on what kind of teacher you have.
    If you have a nice good teacher. Youll do good in your project but if you dont then you will be like me.
    My teacher is the least helpful when it comes to the project. Just tells us to go off on our own. !!
    It also adds to more of a disadvantage as you have to go to a farm on your own having no clue and not being a farmer and your teacher not helping you 1 bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

Then comes ag. I hate it. But I have to take it up and aim for a A. It requires a heap load of studying and the project all depends on what kind of teacher you have.
    If you have a nice good teacher. Youll do good in your project but if you dont then you will be like me.
    My teacher is the least helpful when it comes to the project. Just tells us to go off on our own. !!
    It also adds to more of a disadvantage as you have to go to a farm on your own having no clue and not being a farmer and your teacher not helping you 1 bit.

That's crazy, can see why you hate it! It does show though, that the teacher makes the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Happy Christmas everyone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Happy Christmas! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Consonata

How's everybodys christmas been so far? I haven't done a tap of work, I was thinking about using this weekend to finish whatever work I have to do and revise maths and Biology a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Consonata wrote: »
    How's everybodys christmas been so far? I haven't done a tap of work, I was thinking about using this weekend to finish whatever work I have to do and revise maths and Biology a little.

It's good, and a really nice break. Next week I'll be doing some work, just taking a break this week.

Hope ye all had a good time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Are most people studying then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Consonata

Anybody going to the RCSI open day on Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

How was the first day back? :rolleyes: finally got my French and Biology back :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

how did you do?

kb98 wrote: »
    how did you do?

95% and 92% :D is anyone gonna go see the BT exhibition? Never been before so I might...

Beca19 wrote: »
    95% and 92% :D is anyone gonna go see the BT exhibition? Never been before so I might...

You got the same as me for biology, 95% club :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Enhaha

Got my results finallllllllly :) Pretty happy overall, C2 in maths was a lovely surprise! So I think I got 4 A's 2 B's and the C in maths... Delighted really, went much better than I thought it would!

You got the same as me for biology, 95% club :p

Aw no I got 95 in french not biology :'(
    Enhaha wrote: »
    Got my results finallllllllly :) Pretty happy overall, C2 in maths was a lovely surprise! So I think I got 4 A's 2 B's and the C in maths... Delighted really, went much better than I thought it would!

Well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Conaaaa

Guys is homec easy nuff ??

Beca19 wrote: »
    Aw no I got 95 in french not biology :'(

Still an A1!

I heard home economics is biology, business and some other subjects combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

Got my last result today for the Christmas tests, I'm absolutely delight! 6 A1's and 2 A2's :eek: shows what a bit of hard work does! :D Hoping to go to the young scientist this Saturday, went last year and it was absolutely amazing, just wished I had more time!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsduffy

I got 53% in my christmas maths test, I probly did the least amount of study for maths. Im doing higher level and my test included algebra, statistics + logs , do u think am I able for higher level ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭burtslimpslon

itsduffy wrote: »
    I got 53% in my christmas maths test, I probly did the least amount of study for maths. Im doing higher level and my test included algebra, statistics + logs , do u think am I able for higher level ?

Was it exam paper questions or teacher made up/other questions? My test was exam paper questions, with similar questions to yours maybe a bit more than you said, and my teacher said as long as you got 40%+ you should stay at higher level to see how you do and if you get 50%+ you will be able for higher level. Did your teacher not talk to you when you got your result?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsduffy

Was it exam paper questions or teacher made up/other questions? My test was exam paper questions, with similar questions to yours maybe a bit more than you said, and my teacher said as long as you got 40%+ you should stay at higher level to see how you do and if you get 50%+ you will be able for higher level. Did your teacher not talk to you when you got your result?

Yes the questions were taken from exam paper. no she didnt sadly:( but at the beginning of the year she said she expects us all in the class to be getting over 60%

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,154 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

at the beginning of the year she said she expects us all in the class to be getting over 60%

I can understand her wanting that. It makes sure everyone is a long way from failing.
    No teacher ever wants to enter a student for an exam that they fail.
    Still, at 53% you're a long way from failing.

Do you know where you lost your marks? Can you see any 'D'Oh!' moments in your paper? If so, then you can probably get the 60% she wants. 60% from everyone would make everyone in with an outside chance of an honour. I don't think you'd have any issue passing, but at the moment, the honour might be a bit outside your reach (though not impossible).

I wouldn't give up HL if you can get 53% regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

Definitely stick at it. 53 is a good score for not putting a lot of work in. People in my class got 0% at HL and are continuing with HL maths.

I got 56% for my Christmas exam Maths HL, and honestly I think I'm well capable of a B or even an A. The thing that put me off was the wording of the questions. Project Maths has so much English, and it was my first time doing any exam questions - so yeah.

You just have to get used to knowing what the question wants.

Is anyone else doing physics? It's so so hard :'(

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Is anyone else doing physics? It's so so hard :'(

The motion chapter is easy so far.

I haven't got that far yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Circular motion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

to what use to plants put the nitrogen compounds absorbed during the nitrogen cycle (2marks)
    to this question if I drew out the whole nitrogen cycle would it be acceptable ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

I got 56% for my Christmas exam Maths HL, and honestly I think I'm well capable of a B or even an A. The thing that put me off was the wording of the questions. Project Maths has so much English, and it was my first time doing any exam questions - so yeah.

You just have to get used to knowing what the question wants.

56% for a HL 5th Year test is good, what topics were on the paper? I got 41% at Christmas and then 73% in the Summer. Just try to get used to the Exam paper and layout, PM can make it difficult to answer questions but just try and pick out the core components and work from there. Just keep practicing!

Advertisement