Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese Rock & Metal

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I haven't listened to them before, not bad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

It's almost 5 years now since Daisuke Ochida died, so I've been stuck listening to Kagerou and drowning in my sorrows all weekend. Kagerou was one of the first bands I started listening to and they still have a special place in my heart.

Sometimes when ShuU (girugamesh) DJs, he plays Kagerou songs...:(

Wow great song !
    Any other good songs by these guys ?

Where's the guy who spams babymetal gone :) ?

Ooooh D have not one, but two new live DVDs out! temptation rising! :eek:

Second DVD is a huge 3disc live one, exclusive to fanclub members :eek: :eek:

Double temptation!
    Apocalypse wrote: »
    Where's the guy who spams babymetal gone :) ?

Banned for registering new accounts to evade forum bans, I think?

So, Nocturnal Bloodlust have a new single out soon

Also, check this out for a music video, holy crap! :eek:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

So 9 months after creating this thread my OH turned round to me the other night when I was having a few beers and watching music videos and says "Throw on that mad one by Max Hormones or whatever"

;-; So.... happy

Girugamesh at Shibuya Garret <3
    I got ShuU's water bottle :D

New Imperial Circus Dead Decadance available on bandcamp now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

No decent YouTube version of this, but any other fans of the Psycho Pass intro song by Ling Tosite Sigure?

It's feckin' brilliant in my opinion. Real math rock vibe to it.

http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=479769

By the way, any suggestions as to where to find decent Japanese rock and metal online are very welcome - Spotify in particular has an abysmally limited selection.

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    No decent YouTube version of this, but any other fans of the Psycho Pass intro song by Ling Tosite Sigure?

It's feckin' brilliant in my opinion. Real math rock vibe to it.

http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=479769

By the way, any suggestions as to where to find decent Japanese rock and metal online are very welcome - Spotify in particular has an abysmally limited selection.

Yup, love it! In fact, been rewatching Psycho Pass again, this time with the other half :D

Not really any suggestion here, because I often buy CDs from Japan so if you're looking for a streaming service then I don't really have any recomendations :o

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Links234 wrote: »
    Yup, love it! In fact, been rewatching Psycho Pass again, this time with the other half :D

Not really any suggestion here, because I often buy CDs from Japan so if you're looking for a streaming service then I don't really have any recomendations :o

What d'you make of it? Definitely one of the more enjoyable series I've seen this side of Steins;Gate!

In this case I decided to take your advice and just buy the CD from Amazon - I need my J-rock fix :pac:

Oh I absolutely loved it, incredible show. Gen Urobuchi is a hell of a writer, I had just finished watching Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet before it. I want to get around to seeing Requiem for the Phantom at some point, another of his.

Ever seen Shinsekai Yori? Because if not, it's up there with Steins;Gate as one of the best things I've ever seen.

I'd recommend ordering from hmv.co.jp personally, I found them a lot better than Amazon

New Gazette album coming soon.

They don't half know how to hype it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Soyokakano

I posted something from this band In the thread today on Metal post 2005, But since it's from Japan I'll put something about them here too.

I looked into the history of these guys after finding out shortly after first hearing them that sadly this band is no longer in action together. Finding a complicated story.

First of all before DELUHI. Lead guitarist Leda then called Yu-To
    Was a bassist in a band called Galneryus

As far as I know Galneryus are still active but
    Leda left, and along with vocalist Juri, bassist Aggy and drummer Sujk went on to form DELUHI

DELUHI then broke up. Leda and Sujk joined up with a new vocalist Kihiro to form a new band called UNDIVIDE

That band didn't last long either and broke up again.

After that Leda went on tour with BABYMETAL in a band called The Kami (The Gods) with guitarist Ohmura, bassist Boh, drummer Aoyama and his eventually replacement guitarist Mikio

But he has since moved on again from there and re-joined up with his old drummer Sujk and with new vocalist Keita and bassist Ryu they formed yet another band called Far East Dizian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

New band called DECAYS featuring Die from Dir en grey on vocals and guitar as well as members of Moonchild and The Novembers amongst others. No music as of yet but first live is near the end of July.

http://decays.jp/

keel_201505sitetop_980.jpg
    ShuU of Girugamesh has joined a new side project - KEEL
    http://keel.tokyo/
    Other members include: vocal : ryo [ HOLLOWGRAM , TAG ] guitar : aie [ the god and death stars , highfashionparalyze , THE MADCAP LAUGHS ,他] drums : Tomoi [ C4 ]
    So far gigs have been announced at Osaka, Nagoya and Shinjuku. Their first release, 'Cthulhu', will be available at their live.

Just heard Jiluka for the first time, they've definitely got a serious early Deluhi vibe going on, I'm impressed!

• Advertisement

Oooh, and new Lynch. single! :D

Went back to check on a few old favourites... it turns out Tsukasa and Zero form D'espairs Ray joined a new band called The Microhead 4NS
    With very D'espairs Ray-sounding results

Yukke from UnsraW is frontman for DOAK
    It's been a long time since I heard that growl...

One OK Rock are playing in Dublin the 6th of December. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭MJI

I'm going to head along to this. Only started listening to them in the last month, and I'm really liking their music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Only seeing this now. Very tempting! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 89 ✭✭MJI

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Only seeing this now. Very tempting! :D

I've been watching video of a big show they did in Yokohama

• Advertisement

I got The Gazette's latest album Dogma, it's freakin' fantastic! Heavier than their previous, and I am seriously loving it.

Advertisement