Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese Rock & Metal

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

In Japanese Metal news. A national record was smashed yesterday as 30,000 tickets went on sale at 10.00 am and were sold out by 10.02am

ENG_banner_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Nobody cares about every little thing Babymetal does, Dublin Red Devil. Nobody is interested in all these irrelevant bits of news. Are they playing in Ireland any time soon? A new album out? 'cos that would be relevant. Posting about every little thing they get up to is just annoying.

Ordered The Omnigod, fairly happy that there's no issue with HMV selling to overseas customers on this one, AND they're including a poster! Happy days :D

I'm guessing it'll be a poster of the album cover itself

17283-z94bwptl2v.jpg

It's always cool getting little freebies like that :D

Links234 wrote: »
    Nobody cares about every little thing Babymetal does, Dublin Red Devil. Nobody is interested in all these irrelevant bits of news. Are they playing in Ireland any time soon? A new album out? 'cos that would be relevant. Posting about every little thing they get up to is just annoying.

You do realize that the "babymetal hater" is now seen as a pathetic position in today's metal community. They are a legitimate, established metal band who have earned their stripes on the world stage.

Don't fight it! Embrace it!

The Metal world loves BABYMETAL
    10333811_10152541267174280_3371875030364860567_o.jpg
    BupRRbrCEAEg_MN.jpg

You do realize that the "babymetal hater"...

I LIKE Babymetal.

I dislike constant spamming, the band isn't the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

You do realize that the "babymetal hater" is now seen as a pathetic position in today's metal community. They are a legitimate, established metal band who have earned their stripes on the world stage.

Don't fight it! Embrace it!

I've warned you before about spamming threads about babymetal, once resulting in a thread being closed. Keep it up and you'll get a ban.

DRM you need to calm your sh*t about Babymetal. It's just creepy.
    Just wondering if Kyo's side project is going to Ireland? It seems to have exploded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

^ I would doubt it but maybe London as they played there in September. Sukekiyo have a new mini album coming out at the beginning of February too.

Just wondering if Kyo's side project is going to Ireland? It seems to have exploded

Sukekiyo? I know they've played in the London recently enough, but no Irish dates. I'd imagine Kyo's going to be touring with Dir en Grey supporting the new album, so fingers crossed we'll see them over this side.

Still need to give Sukekiyo a listen :o

You know, last time I saw a Japanese band in Ireland was Lite a couple of years back. :o I'd been bugging DME to get Sigh over, but no luck as it seems they're only doing festivals at the moment. Hoping they'll do a full tour for the new album in the new year and we get a chance to see them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Just saw this thread by chance and I was only looking at a band who are Aisian, sorry I cant say if they are Japanese or not but they copied the music side of things perfectly, not so much the singing.

Its a cover of Phil Lynott and John Sykes Please dont leave me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwPo_hm7_vU

I cant say if they are Japanese or not

They are ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You know, last time I saw a Japanese band in Ireland was Lite a couple of years back. :o I'd been bugging DME to get Sigh over, but no luck as it seems they're only doing festivals at the moment. Hoping they'll do a full tour for the new album in the new year and we get a chance to see them :D

It'd be class to see Sigh, maybe some day it'll happen over here.

I'd say we could see them at some point ;)

Honestly, I'd really hope to see Dir en Grey play in Ireland, I'd say they'd kill somewhere like The Academy, would be incredible to see

I have accepted the fact Dir en grey will probably never come back here. Doing the Kerrang tour was one thing but I don't think any promoters would be willing to gamble bringing them over here for a headline show even though I think it would sell pretty well. I'm relieved when London is on the tour :P.

Same, I'd hop over to London in a flash to see them :D But one can hope

My copy of Nocturnal Bloodlust's new album shipped, it's sold out now the big limited edition 2cd + DVD with the poster, so kinda glad I had it ordered. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

What !? No Mad Capsule Markets :confused::(

Apocalypse wrote: »
    What !? No Mad Capsule Markets :confused::(

post some Mad Capsule Markets then ;)

Ripping my copy of Dir En Grey's Arche now :D then I'm gonna watch that DVD :D

Whoever managed to get hold of the limited edition first pressing, consider yourselves lucky, because it's sold out most places already! As of posting, Amazon.co.jp say there's 1 left in stock, but they've bumped their price up over ¥10,000 :o I think I'm gonna be keeping mine in the plastic sleeve it came in. But hey, check this out!

3SgyUM1.jpg

Merry Christmas! :D

• Advertisement

Hope you enjoy it :D. I have mine in the plastic covering it came in. I have most of their stuff still like that :pac: but they do get used. It's just to protect them a bit!

Thanks! :D

Watching the DVD there, the studio tracks are unreal, and the live ones just seriously make me want to see them live myself one day! :D

got some moneys at Christmas, so I'm going to grab the new Jupiter album! It took me a while to get into them, but they stopped being just 'the band that used to be Versaillies' and really, really started being their own thing, which is nothing short of incredible.

Trailer for Jupiter's new album

My copy of Nocturnal Bloodlust's The Omnigod has arrived :D

I got the first pressing edition, which is all sold out now too. came with a tour poster which I may get framed as well ;)

BABYMETAL (feat Dragonforce) - Road of Resistance

https://soundcloud.com/jzharris9/babymetal-road-of-resistance

Listening to Nightmare a fair bit, really need to get hold of some of their newer albums though

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Listening to Nightmare a fair bit, really need to get hold of some of their newer albums though

Never got into them unfortunately.
    Tried them out after Death Note and listened to their newer stuff which is supposedly dire in comparison to their older

Can't wait to see how Babymetal choreograph a dance to that :pac:

Never got into them unfortunately.
    Tried them out after Death Note and listened to their newer stuff which is supposedly dire in comparison to their older

I actually think I got into them before I saw Death Note, but I only got to see Death note a couple of years ago, I was very late with that one! :o Got a few of their albums, the most recent being 2008's Killer Show which is probably my favourite. This has been my earworm for the last couple of days:

Pity if their later stuff isn't up to scratch, but from what I've heard they still sound good, the song Mimic is from their 2013 album Scums, so they're definitly writing some good songs at least. They've a new one coming out in March, so I really must catch up!

They're a lot more Rock compared to some of the stuff posted on this thread, which ain't a bad thing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seen this band back in the early 1980s at a Glasgow venue, Bow Wow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bow_Wow_%28band%29

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement