Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Snow Lovers Appreciation Society Winter 2014/15 #MOD NOTE #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Chicken1 wrote: »
    Is this the baby forum now and not weather :rolleyes:

For me, its the "i'm shi££ing myself over a baby because of what the weather might do" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

FI, but this is.... Interesting

326903.png

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gugsy

Nothing so far in the model. Currently showing cool conditions till next fri. Day temp for most of the week is from 5C-10C in the north to 7C-14C in the south and at nights down to 0 in some place mostly 2-4 in others.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shimmy Jimmy CocoPop

T shirt weather today, ridiculous! If I recall it was exactly like this in October 2010 and we know what happened in November and December:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Creative Juices

For me, its the "i'm shi££ing myself over a baby because of what the weather might do" thread.

The weather will be the least of their worries for the first 2 months! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

That's what I'm afraid of, my girlfriend is due on Xmas day.

Jesus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Well at least I know what I should do when I want to have children. Have them in summer instead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Well at least I know what I should do when I want to have children. Have them in summer instead :P

It's all about timing, just like the weather :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

T shirt weather today, ridiculous! If I recall it was exactly like this in October 2010 and we know what happened in November and December:)

was pissing rain all day today here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I assume with all this baby talk the chance of snow and cold this week has dissapeared?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Smidge wrote: »
    Jesus!!

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

We could be in for a fair bit of white magic and ice again this year.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/forecasters-predicting-big-freeze-this-winter-295473.html

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

same shyte different day . I wish people would go to the trouble of reading the posts that are generally very informative on these threads . James madden is your modern day Walter mitty of weather forecasting. He got it right once. I am only a novice to all this and its always been transparent he gives same forecast every year. we should still be digging ourselves out from last year. very annoying he steals the real forecasters thunder with .............de ja vous crap. beggars belief people still fall for this hook line and sinker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

FREETV wrote: »
    We could be in for a fair bit of white magic and ice again this year.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/forecasters-predicting-big-freeze-this-winter-295473.html
    and an even bitterer spell throughout January.

:pac::pac::pac::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

I've never got the winter i love since 2009/2010..... Snow ice sub zero temps :) it was amazing - a true fairytale :) I wouldn't bank on it this year either it'll prob be another crappy mild horrible clammy winter which I absolutely hate. I seriously hate summer and all that warm sticky clammy weather....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

same shyte different day . I wish people would go to the trouble of reading the posts that are generally very informative on these threads . James madden is your modern day Walter mitty of weather forecasting. He got it right once. I am only a novice to all this and its always been transparent he gives same forecast every year. we should still be digging ourselves out from last year. very annoying he steals the real forecasters thunder with .............de ja vous crap. beggars belief people still fall for this hook line and sinker.

I_want_to_believe5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Here's another one expecting in January but it's me not the husband :) And I still want lots and lots of snow!! Though I do live in the greater Dublin area so the roads wouldn't be too bad to the coombe even if it was like the last cold winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

wexie wrote: »
    I_want_to_believe5.jpg
    They exist too, Roswell really happened. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

FREETV wrote: »
    They exist too, Roswell really happened. ;)

Only if MT says it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Mt hinting at a possible cold spell mid month. Here's hoping :). C'mon charts!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

The polar vortex has been annihilated on this evenings ECM 12Z... :cool:

Day 9-

ECH1-216.GIF?02-0

Day 10-

ECH1-240.GIF?02-0

Very nice charts appearing early this year... some contrast to last year!

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Can you spot the anomalous high pressure on tonight's ECM? :p

VK1p27C.png

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭barneyrubble46

oh feck, snow, when is this snow due, I have a horse to put into a stable and a fecking 4x4 to buy, sold the last one in 2012 due to the lack of snow, feck and double feck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

oh feck, snow, when is this snow due, I have a horse to put into a stable and a fecking 4x4 to buy, sold the last one in 2012 due to the lack of snow, feck and double feck

Jasus ud wanna make a move! Its due in 10 mins! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KathleenF

A confession first - I only ever look at the Weather forum at this time of year, purely because I want to see is there any chance of snow! However I just wanted to thank all those who post here. I can contribute very little so am only a lurker but am constantly impressed at the depth of knowledge of ye dedicated amateurs. Fair play.
    (From a v hopeful passenger on the snow train!)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Caff Caff

Some 'hail' expected later today in Dublin according to ME... Anything is better than the usual soul destroying mild nonsense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I don't think there is any point getting excited about getting snow in November - only happened twice in my lifetime 2009 & 2010, exceptional spells, but after they ended, the rest of the winters were pretty normal.

November ice to bear a duck - the rest of winter slush & muck. Hasn't failed me yet.

If current pattern is still here this time next month, you may start fretting then, but for now, please remain seated until the seatbelt signs are turned off....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I don't think there is any point getting excited about getting snow in November - only happened twice in my lifetime 2009 & 2010, exceptional spells, but after they ended, the rest of the winters were pretty normal.

November ice to bear a duck - the rest of winter slush & muck. Hasn't failed me yet.

If current pattern is still here this time next month, you may start fretting then, but for now, please remain seated until the seatbelt signs are turned off....

There was no snow in November 2009, it was mild and exceptionally wet.

November 2010 was very cold, but December was even colder and the first half of January was cold too.

Bring your duck to the vet. :pac::P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

2009/2010 was very cold through out the winter..November 2010 was followed by the Coldest December ever recorded at most stations and the Coldest month ever recorded at Dublin Airport. Yes it was mild enough for the January and February that followed though.

I dont think anyone is saying snow/cold weather is definitely coming its just there are very promising signs appearing in the models. So yes no need to get too excited yet but the forecast lack of a Pv developing, lots of high pressure to our north and a Jetstream well south of Ireland raise the chances of a cold spell developing significantly.

Dan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Doing the rounds on Facebook today:

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Ireland-set-for-worst-winter-in-100-years-say-experts.html#

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement