Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,445 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Its the big issue marvel have had.

Thayve set up so many loose threads and pair off on none of any of them. So not only do people feel the need to watch everything (some do) they (me) feel shirt changed by it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

5 years later is not soon, at all. You're just, um, getting old 😘

• Registered Users Posts: 31,436 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

• Registered Users Posts: 60,507 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like Mahershala Ali is about to sign on to star in the new Jurassic World film so I’m imagine now Blade is dead in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,475 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't see why. Chris Pratt was doing the Jurassic World films around the same time as the Guardians and Infinity War.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Another Jurassic World film?! Just leave it die!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,419 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

X-Men 97 was fantastic after binging it.

Oh my Gambit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Blade can survive if Ali drops out, and might be better to get someone younger in, but the pre production has been so awful I'd have no faith in it now. It seems to have been utterly screwed by the direction Disney/Marvel were taking in 2020/21, and no amount of rewrites and new creatives can save it.

This shouldn't be hard to get right but they seem to be insisting elements of their original vision is kept, so Ali can't be blamed for stonewalling them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

They'd never do it, but at this stage they should just jettison Blade from the MCU, make a small budgeted standalone, maybe set in another universe and use the Marvel IP to hint at the connectivity. Cos better to script something from the ground up than tie itself in knots with the inevitable MCU crossover that's doubtless gumming up the works

• Registered Users Posts: 7,832 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

This is exactly how I'd do it. Even in a world of sorcerers and gods, he and his vampire buddies just don't fit in for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The entire Marvel universe makes no sense, and I daresay the simple reason why the Mutants have been so slow to join the MCU is that in the cold light of live action, it makes no sense to have widespread hostility towards mutants ... when the world loves Spider-Man, Hulk and all the Avengers. It's a circle difficult to square and I suspect the brain trust know it.

But yeah, Blade doesn't make sense and you just can't do vampires justice in PG land. Now thet the multiverse is a thing, why not just set it in some world without heroes, save a couple worth keeping & letting the blood flow freely? Would also make it easier for the inevitable "vampires secretly rule the world" plotline.

Blade is a pretty fùckin bizarre character in Marvel's ownership anyway, like he barely even fits into the overall comic universe. His one and only thing is vampires and they are a very very tiny part of the comic universe.

Even a few years ago when he briefly became an Avenger it was only because the arcs big bad was.......a vampire. Like hes a great character and a Blade movie could be fantastic but like he has no real place in an actual universe.

The whole trope of hostility towards mutants but not supers had been buried years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,977 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The current big story in the comics is vampires have turned the sky into permanent darkness so all the heroes are fighting vampires.

But yeah think they usually go with vampires working in secret. Though you have to think Fury or someone would've been aware of Blade or The Eternals.

Vampires, HYDRA, the Skrulls etc. truly the list of dark organisations secretly running the world grows and grows lol

Meanwhile, Captain America 4 is gonna get 22(!) days of reshoots, including an entirely new character played by Giancarlo Esposito...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I think they could keep him away from the avengers if they went down the midnight sons route and just kept the more supernatural heroes separate in a different multiverse

Reshoots are fairly common to be fair, but 22 days worth & a brand new character? That can't be anything except Disney suddenly in panic mode over what was made so far.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I think he could work with the likes of Spider-man, the Punisher, Daredevil and the like on occasion but, yeah… We've had rather a lot of vampire stuff clogging up cinemas lately. We only ever really got a single good Blade film as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Wesley Snipes back but doing his own thing. The insipid notion of plugging everything into a shared universe adds nothing outside the ensemble films.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,832 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Hadn't Esposito been hired for the MCU a while ago? He was presumably set to appear in other movies if his character's addition to CABNW reshoots is ad hoc… I wonder if he's taking over from Majors then as the big bad (although not necessarily playing Kang)?

I'm guessing along with the reshoots and adding Esposito they will also remove a character that had already filmed.

Esposito character is now also being reported to have their own TV show.

• Advertisement

Maybe they have written out the IDF character; wasn't there supposedly a side character along those lines, I'm too lazy to Google.

I think they got rid of the serpent society aswell so maybe that where Esposito's agency comes in

He's been rumoured for a while, mostly in relation to either Prof.X or Magneto, but never actually hired. His hiring has only been conformed in the past few weeks. I doubt he's taking over as Kang though, especially if whoever he's playing is supposed to get his own series.

Maybe they have written out the IDF character; wasn't there supposedly a side character along those lines, I'm too lazy to Google.

Yeah, Sabra or something. I think they were already going to have dialled down the whole Israel/IDF part of her character and she'd just be an agent for a US agency who ends up working with the heroes in this film, but wouldn't be surprised if they're reducing the role even further.

The final movie in the saga before I'm assuming we get the MCU venom …and hopefully some mention of Knull at the end due to the mention of his planet finding them

Marvel want Shawn Levy to direct Avengers 5

More than 60 MCU characters could reprise their roles in the film.

So I heard “Secret War” is finally going to introduce…….

• Registered Users Posts: 28,977 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So a PSA telling people to turn their phones off is filmed using a phone?

Blade loses another director; supposedly the loss was amicable but still. They gotta just stop production cos the thing is clearly cursed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I think it's over for Blade, they might as well just say it.

Kind of feel robbed that they could make witches work with Wanda and Agatha, but making a film with Vampires was too hard for them to get right.

Advertisement