Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extreme cruelty at puc fair.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

It's their culture shur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Go down to Killorglin and state your case there OP. Computer talk is the lazy way out.

Do post back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

monflat wrote: »
    As. An animal lover I hate to see any animal harmed or likewise however I do think. By saying this is " extreme cruelty " is goin a bit far.

Extreme cruelty would be like letting the goat starve no food r water subject to high or low temperatures with no shelter.

Causing harm to the animal

The organisers claim that the goat is monitored and not harmed.

I think people jump on the PC wagon and say this ain't right.

There's plenty of cases of "extreme cruelty " in the four corners of Ireland unfortunately and they involve a lot more than a goat in.a cage.

Do you not think that putting a wild animal in a cage above a very loud crowd is extremely cruel? The animal is used to living wild and having little or no contact with people or urban life. It would be terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Typical load of whinging. I did security at a pub there one year and it wasn't the potential cruelty toward the goat I found worrying, it was the potential cruelty from the gangs of mad Travellers armed to the f*cking teeth. The goat is up there and he's only loving it. No fear of him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Am I right he's (the goat) made king of killorglin or something??

You can stick me in a cage and suspend me if I'm made king of something at the end of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Do you not think that putting a wild animal in a cage above a very loud crowd is extremely cruel? The animal is used to living wild and having little or n
    o contact with people or urban life. It would be terrified.

I don't agree with it totally no I don't but. I would not brand it as EXTREME I would say yes it's not right but there are far more concerning issues of animal cruelty goin on.
    Sickening cases of torture and neglect that I would call " extreme "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

Go down to Killorglin and state your case there OP. Computer talk is the lazy way out.

Do post back.

To a bunch of inbreds who don't understand logic? Yeh you're alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Has there ever been any instances of the goat escaping or being nicked by pranksters? I presume the animal is heavily guarded by locals day and night, right?

Do you not think that putting a wild animal in a cage above a very loud crowd is extremely cruel? The animal is used to living wild and having little or no contact with people or urban life. It would be terrified.

And bringing a few sheep or horses a mart / fair with a loud crowd with car horns beeping children running everywhere noise commotion music etc etc is something similar

There are hundreds of animal owners all over the country who bring their " untouched " animals in from a field hill mountain whatever and subject them to a mart or a fair

I don't see too many giving out about these animals?
    Ok they all aren't in a cage but they're in pens trailers tied up to trailers etc with no where to run........
    Similar if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

You must be a dab hand at the aul' geneology since you have claimed that everyone there is inbred.

Is there a specific link between incest and goat-capturing? Was there a goat on a giant pedestal in the Fritzel basement too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Put the goat in the cage....put Michael Healy Rae in the cage...

How extreme is this cruelty going to get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Hang on it's a wild goat yes ? Lives outside in all weather, Yes bit exposed up there. As for the height, Is their not loads of mountain goats ? That would infer as a species they don’t really have a problem with height. I understand the lack of mountains here but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Goats there are well looked after I don't see any evidence of extreme cruelty ? and to postulate that its cruel OP you better be a vegetarian/vegan or other wise it would seem Ironic that you are concerned with the welfare of a goat 80ft high but think its fine for a pig to be butchered for the sausages you eat for breakfast or for a lamb to be slaughtered for your kebab.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

They tell you they let him back to the wild, what they actually do is cut his throat like the Muslims and stick him on a spit, theirs no kebab like a wild goat kebab

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

The healy rae 's will probably look for a grant for the goat....or else any1 who attends tne fair be given permission to have 10 pints and drive home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

keano25 wrote: »
    Let the kerryman jokes begin..

In fairness, in Kerry, a locked cage high in the air is a goats only safe place! :D

crockholm wrote: »
    You must be a dab hand at the aul' geneology since you have claimed that everyone there is inbred.

Is there a specific link between incest and goat-capturing? Was there a goat on a giant pedestal in the Fritzel basement too?
    It seems a common link that to be stupid enough to enjoy this thing you'd have to be inbred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

It seems a common link that to be stupid enough to enjoy this thing you'd have to be inbred.

Are zoo staff inbred also ? They keep animals in cages for the entertainment of people. Same with aquarium staff keep animals in Tanks ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭forgotten password

is The Sham Rock still open, lively pub

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭junospider

Opinions differ.I dont think its cruel at all.The goat will be grand ,released unharmed.
    The PETA gob****es sicken me,they dont know what they are talking about.Joe Duffy gave your man enough of it on the radio today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

If you feel that strongly about animal cruelty maybe you should tackle larger factions in relation to such cruelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Well thought out.....Your Nobel prize should be in post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Is that you Einstein?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

How many years has this gone on for and why do people care all of a sudden? Only cos the Irish Times/facebook feed brought it up?

Are zoo staff inbred also ? They keep animals in cages for the entertainment of people. Same with aquarium staff keep animals in Tanks ?

Most zoos are at the benefit of the animals. This isn't.

Apart from the use of a cage there's no comparison.

This is like a circus with it's animals. Yeah, funnily enough the same kinda crowd enjoy that too.

Look at them all coming out of the wood work now "ah Shur I loves a pint at the auld puc fair and isn't a right laugh with the goat HahaHa"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The goat is only delighted. People throwing him burgers and chips and bowls of guinness all day.

Who wouldn't be happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I've had venison curry,beef curry,chicken curry but never goat curry... hmmm

Is keeping a horse. In a 12ft x 14 ft stable cruel?

Farming dairy cows. - Is that cruel
    Keeping a dog outside is that cruel.
    Keeping q dog or cat indoors is that cruel.?

I wonder do half the people who think this is cruel know anything about rural life or "wild "animals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Yeah it's bloody stupid. I'm from Kerry and I've been saying this since I was a kid. I don't know why they still do it.

Puck is crap anyway.

Advertisement