Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Downing solves one of my headaches. I guess if Baines is out I could do straight swap to Ivan although that -4 would have already paid itself off last week and Hull H looks so tasty.....

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Anything on Chadli or Welbeck??

cant believe i still own welbeck......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

god no it better be lies.....

Mannone on the bench works poorly.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Elliott on the bench sounds better than Forster against kun... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hopefully that's when the Krul/Elliott pair shows its power :D...

Actually I don't even know what Elliott looks like :rolleyes:... but he's free to put on a goalkeeping masterclass if he plays to show Pardew he could be given more games :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

From BBC-

Berahino still available for Baggies

West Brom v Arsenal (Saturday, 12:45 GMT)
    Posted at 15:00
    West Bromwich Albion striker Saido Berahino will continue to be selected while the current police and club investigation continues, following his arrest for drink-driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Vlaar, baker and senderos out for villa at the weekend. Good news for the two of us on here with ings.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Vlaar, baker and senderos out for villa at the weekend. Good news for the two of us on here with ings.

I said the same before the Southampton game but they defended pretty well with Clark and Okore at the back so I wouldn't write them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

They were all missing for the Southampton game, and (despite Southampton having a lot of possession) Villa looked relatively solid at the back. Okore and Clark played well in central defence.

Edit: Extra gravy got there before me.

Also, I have both Guzan and Duff. Think I'm going to play both as I think a 0-0 is quite likely in this game. Neither team that prolific up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I said the same before the Southampton game but they defended pretty well with Clark and Okore at the back so I wouldn't write them off.

Clark and Okore were immense in the Southampton game.

They were all missing for the Southampton game, and (despite Southampton having a lot of possession) Villa looked relatively solid at the back. Okore and Clark played well in central defence.

Edit: Extra gravy got there before me.

Also, I have both Guzan and Duff. Think I'm going to play both as I think a 0-0 is quite likely in this game. Neither team that prolific up front.

ye but thINGS will be a lot more difficult for them this weekend:pac:
    Id agree a 0 0 is a good chance in this game.

ye but thINGS will be a lot more difficult for them this weekend:pac:
    Id agree a 0 0 is a good chance in this game.

Yep, I'll probably be playing both Hutton and Duff.

This isnt a one man attack on ben dinnery as he is providing a very useful service for us all, but yesterday he said sakho had a better chance than downing for the weekend yet downing trained today and sakho didnt. Id just be very wary of using his opinion as fact and just use him to get all confirmed injury updates.

This isnt a one man attack on ben dinnery as he is providing a very useful service for us all, but yesterday he said sakho had a better chance than downing for the weekend yet downing trained today and sakho didnt. Id just be very wary of using his opinion as fact and just use him to get all confirmed injury updates.

Searching his twitter account it seems he also guaranteed Costa would miss the infamous Everton game.... Im still paying for weeks 3/4!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've only heard of him this year but he seems like a good guy. An opinion worth listening to but that's it.

He's a great source for actual quotes from managers on injuries etc and doesn't act like a pompous ITK so that's good. But you can't take it as 100% gospel either and blame him if he gets stuff wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    Anything on Baines lads? I think he could score big the next few weeks so I'm still reluctant to move on from him as of yet, but a 7.0+ defender can't really be carried.

The last quote from Martinez was that he has a "small chance".

I've only heard of him this year but he seems like a good guy. An opinion worth listening to but that's it.

He's a great source for actual quotes from managers on injuries etc and doesn't act like a pompous ITK so that's good. But you can't take it as 100% gospel either and blame him if he gets stuff wrong.

I don't think you can take anyone's opinion as gospel when you have managers like Allardyce and Mourinho about. Some of these lads are as secretive as KevIRL about their team ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think you can take anyone's opinion as gospel when you have managers like Allardyce and Mourinho about. Some of these lads are as secretive as KevIRL about their team ;)

Lolwut?

KevIRL wrote: »
    Lolwut?

Ah Kev, just a subtle dig. You know what I mean. You don't tend to share your transfers and last weekend I asked you to post your team and ya ignored the question :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    Ah Kev, just a subtle dig. You know what I mean. You don't tend to share your transfers and last weekend I asked you to post your team and ya ignored the question :pac:

I would sometimes but usually don't make a transfer till just about 11am on sat morning. Often don't even think about who to transfer in (I know who I'm gonna transfer out alright) until Friday after work.

Genuinely missed that question re team, but I'm in a few boards leagues so my team easily accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

mccarthy off in the everton game holding hamstring

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Duff down as 50% on fpl now this is not what i need along with Baines and otherwise unfavorable fixtures with my other defenders. a -4 is calling me i think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭G1032

manual_man wrote: »
    Duff down as 50% on fpl now this is not what i need along with Baines and otherwise unfavorable fixtures with my other defenders. a -4 is calling me i think

Man alive
    My defense is

Baines, Duff, Coloccini, Wisdom, Robertson.

May the Fantasy Football Gods have mercy on me this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

G1032 wrote: »
    Man alive
    My defense is

Baines, Duff, Coloccini, Wisdom, Robertson.

May the Fantasy Football Gods have mercy on me this weekend.

that was somewhat comforting :D

manual_man wrote: »

Dammit. Out for two weeks.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11708/8495455/burnley-boss-sean-dyche-expects-michael-duff-to-be-out-for-two-more-weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

28064212 wrote: »
    ...not sure if trolling

Genuine mistake I guess. I almost believed until i noticed this:
    Duff missed the games against Millwall and Birmingham with a hamstring problem, only to return at Peterborough last week and suffer a calf injury which ruled him out of Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Bolton.

Advertisement