Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014-15 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    West Ham considering claim against FA. If they do all us Downing owners could all get together and take a class action for our crap gameweek 13 as well!!

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/west-ham-could-make-fa-claim-over-stewart-downing-injury-9882004.html

The last bit is the most important...

Downing, meanwhile, continues to receive treatment for the knee injury and could return for Saturday’s home match against Newcastle.

Cheers for this update ;).

Any news on Chadli ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

km79 wrote: »
    More assists for Rooney and adm so
    And Rooney taking over penalty duty from the dropped RVP !

That's optimistic. I'd prefer to think it'll mean Rooney back in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'd have been more surprised if he went,should be fine for the weekend IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Everton are pretty much through. No need to rush Baines back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Still messes with ye're heads though:P

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Ben Dinnery @BenDinnery · 7m 7 minutes ago
    #SCFC have confirmed Victor Moses will be out for up to eight weeks after suffering a thigh muscle strain during the defeat to Burnley

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Arbitrary wrote: »
    #SCFC have confirmed Victor Moses will be out for up to eight weeks after suffering a thigh muscle strain during the defeat to Burnley

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

WORST SIGNING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

km79 wrote: »
    WORST SIGNING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

That's my team crocked and I'm potentially staring down the barrel of a -12 hit depending on other news, I've had him for a while so not quite as painful as those who just signed him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Arbitrary wrote: »

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Balls! Oh well -4 to get Siggy in...:confused:

dahat wrote: »
    I'd have been more surprised if he went,should be fine for the weekend IMO.

As a non Baines owner, I'll just leave this here :D

@BenDinnery: Naismith rated as 50/50 for Sunday while Pienaar, Barry & Baines have a "small chance" of facing Spurs #EFC

iroced wrote: »
    Cheers for this update ;).

Any news on Chadli ?

In regard to Chadli:

@BenDinnery: @partyinzante1 ... Extent of the injury has not been confirmed

@BenDinnery: @MOhaonghusa Full extent of the problem unknown at the moment

Cheers for the updates Lemlin.

Decided to ditch him anyway. Mid-term masterplan part 2 in action :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    In regard to Chadli:

@BenDinnery: @partyinzante1 ... Extent of the injury has not been confirmed

@BenDinnery: @MOhaonghusa Full extent of the problem unknown at the moment

If he has anything new on Downing a repost would be appreciated. Staying away from the evil that is twitter, despite the good Mr Dinnery....

FHFC wrote: »
    If he has anything new on Downing a repost would be appreciated. Staying away from the evil that is twitter, despite the good Mr Dinnery....

When asked about West Ham players:

@BenDinnery: @CraigChandler1 All have a chance to varying degrees -- Downing & Valencia are the biggest concerns along with Noble

Then when asked this:

@ishan_mahajan4: @BenDinnery who has more chances playing this weekend sakho or downing...?? #fpl

He answered Sakho at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

When asked about West Ham players:

@BenDinnery: @CraigChandler1 All have a chance to varying degrees -- Downing & Valencia are the biggest concerns along with Noble

Then when asked this:

@ishan_mahajan4: @BenDinnery who has more chances playing this weekend sakho or downing...?? #fpl

He answered Sakho at the moment.

Crap. Am happy enough to play Georgie but Downing would be preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Who is this guy anyway?

All I see is vague statements that could go either way, will be waiting on press conferences myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Who is this guy anyway?

All I see is vague statements that could go either way, will be waiting on press conferences myself!

Freelance data injury analyst. I wonder how many people go by that job description.

Who is this guy anyway?

I tend to rate what he says. He doesn't seem to be far wrong any week. A lot of what he says is direct quotes e.g. Martinez described Baines as a "small chance".

He privides data for a number of sites:

Freelance Injury Data Analyst @ESPNFC @PhysioRoom @Rotoworld_PL @tsExtraTime @NUFCTheMag @FFPundits @TheSwanseaWay @FootballFanager @PremierInjuries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I need Baines and Chadli or Downing fit for the weekend or it might go -8 or 12 before kickoff and I'll hate myself having already sucked up -4 to bank 500k on a wing and a prayer :pac::pac::pac:

Who is this guy anyway?

Think he's been 100% correct last week on the injury crisis that stroke FPL.
    As Lemlin wrote he mainly uses direct quotes from coaches.
    jimmii wrote: »
    Freelance data injury analyst. I wonder how many people go by that job description.

Well was I not for 1 week at least Freelance GK stats analyst :p? ...or was it GK stats analyst for free :pac:...

TacT wrote: »
    I need Baines and Chadli or Downing fit for the weekend or it might go -8 or 12 before kickoff and I'll hate myself having already sucked up -4 to bank 500k on a wing and a prayer

I need... everyone injured !!! so that I've no second thoughts about my mini-WC masterplan devil.gif.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    Think he's been 100% correct last week on the injury crisis that stroke FPL.
    As Lemlin wrote he mainly uses direct quotes from coaches.

Well was I not for 1 week at least Freelance GK stats analyst :p? ...or was it GK stats analyst for free :pac:...

Its much the same as one of us interpreting the quotes that the coaches give us though. These quotes are in the public domain anyway. Granted its handy to have a dedicated injury news person with all the information in one place.
    Im not on twitter but what did ben dinnery say about costa for gw 3 and 4 I wonder.

Its much the same as one of us interpreting the quotes that the coaches give us though. These quotes are in the public domain anyway. Granted its handy to have a dedicated injury news person with all the information in one place.
    Im not on twitter but what did ben dinnery say about costa for gw 3 and 4 I wonder.

He is interpreting the quotes alright but the one thing he is also providing is one easy source to get all these quotes. I know if I go to his stream on Twitter he'll have news re whatever players are doubts that week.

He also seems to have some contacts and insider knowledge which you would have to expect he's built up.

Re weeks 3 and 4 and Costa, I don't know what he said and, to be honest, with the amount of tweets he posts, it'd take ages to go back and check.

I do know I've followed him the last few weeks re injuries and he hasn't been far wrong which is good enough for me. The amount io tweets he gets from users re injuries is amazing so it also seems that a lot of people rate his opinion.

I also don't think he'd be making a living out of this if he wasn't providing a decent service to the sites he's providing data for.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He is interpreting the quotes alright but the one thing he is also providing is one easy source to get all these quotes. I know if I go to his stream on Twitter he'll have news re whatever players are doubts that week.

He also seems to have some contacts and insider knowledge which you would have to expect he's built up.

Re weeks 3 and 4 and Costa, I don't know what he said and, to be honest, with the amount of tweets he posts, it'd take ages to go back and check.

I do know I've followed him the last few weeks re injuries and he hasn't been far wrong which is good enough for me. The amount io tweets he gets from users re injuries is amazing so it also seems that a lot of people rate his opinion.

I also don't think he'd be making a living out of this if he wasn't providing a decent service to the sites he's providing data for.

I agree it's great to have all the info in one place. But its educated guesswork at the end of the day the same way the team line ups are on FFS. There is no way somebody is telling just him if a certain player is or isn't going to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Looks like Downing should be fit for the weekend. Kind of scuppers my plan of downgrading him to afford Costa. Seriously looking at downgrading Baines instead as he looks very doubtful

https://twitter.com/whufc_official/status/537910870194802688

I agree it's great to have all the info in one place. But its educated guesswork at the end of the day the same way the team line ups are on FFS. There is no way somebody is telling just him if a certain player is or isn't going to start.

I don't think he's saying they are. What I do think is that he has contacts in the media, at the clubs etc. so his guesswork is more informed than alot of others.

He's said himself flat out that he can get no further info on Kaboul other than the club citing "personal reasons" and mentioned he's tried his contacts and can get nothing. Therefore if he has nothing worth sharing, he's also willing to turn round and admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anything on Baines lads? I think he could score big the next few weeks so I'm still reluctant to move on from him as of yet, but a 7.0+ defender can't really be carried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Paully D wrote: »
    Anything on Baines lads? I think he could score big the next few weeks so I'm still reluctant to move on from him as of yet, but a 7.0+ defender can't really be carried.

He might also score 0 in the next 3 gameweeks as he has 3 games in 6 days. If he's not fit for this week I might ship him out for a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dearg81 wrote: »
    He might also score 0 in the next 3 gameweeks as he has 3 games in 6 days. If he's not fit for this week I might ship him out for a hit.

this what I'm very very worries about
    would prefer to move Wilson and Moses on first but thats a lot of money sitting on the bench for that many games!

Advertisement