Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my son is born

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Congratulations to you and the other half grayfox xxxx

Piss off fishing for thanks, no one cares. Your baby is like very other baby. A dickhead

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Good stuff

So tell us did you look?

When did this place become facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Linka

When did this place become facebook
    If you want to post pointless scorpy crap, perhaps you should stick to facebook yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Reoil wrote: »
    If I had a child born and one of my first thoughts was "I'd better tell a the strangers I don't know at boards.ie!", I'd have to have a serious look at life.
    Besides that, congratulations. :)

When my grandson was born, after the phone calls to family etc were made, I came straight on here and posted about it :)

Congratulations Greyfox and momma. Welcome baby :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

All this oestrogen and back-patting is why we need a childfree forum. :pac:

NSFW language.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

jimgoose likes this. Live long and prosper. :cool::cool::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Seeing as Boards was one of the first things you thought of after he was born, you should name him Broady.

AN anagram for Boards obviously!

I think you might want to review that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Grayson wrote: »
    It doesn't really have any personal involvement for most people. It's just as exciting as a random stranger posting "it's my birthday" ir "I got married"

I get that having a kid is incredibly life changing, but it's someone i don't know, amongst the millions who will give birth today so it's pretty hard to build up excitement.

Now a thread about open show laces for example. I could contribute to that. I nearly tripped on mine yesterday. Fecking converse always come undone.
    You're right, we need more interesting threads on AH like this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77787839

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Congratulations !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Checklist goes:

1) No disability
    2) Not ginger
    3) The number

He doesn't
    He's not
    ... It's 47... AGENT 47!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

So exciting for you all. Congratulations :)

I hope you have many long happy and healthy years as a family.

I'm sure your son is the most incredible person in the world to you right now, so feel free to brag about him :P What's he weigh? Can you tell yet who he looks like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

By the by... You're not the first people who were told... You were told an hour afterwards... So it was the first thing I did... Jussssssaaayaaawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Can you tell yet who he looks like?

The milkman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

wazky wrote: »
    The milkman?

Obama

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Grayson wrote: »

Holy sheet the baby is on boards already! They grow up so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    By the by... You're not the first people who were told... You were told an hour afterwards... So it was the first thing I did... Jussssssaaayaaawn.

It's about a 9:1 ratio of positive to negative comments. Don't concentrate on the negative ones

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Congrats to you and your good lady but maybe it is time to lay of boards for a while, you won't get these moments back, boards will still be here when you get a moment to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

In celebration of your new arrival:
    http://youtu.be/zV8eOhgxyig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭honeygirl

Congrats on the new arrival:)

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

Congratulations on the birth of your boy, and commiserations on the loss of your social life for the next 18 years :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The people giving out or saying theres no need for the thread etc are 100 percent right.

Get enough of this waffle everywhere else why the **** here as well?

Theres no other reason at all posting something like that in here other then looking for attention. Your happy i get it i understand but why not enjoy it in the real world with your family and friends the internet doesn't need to know.

The people with there congratulations bla bla crap being totally honest none of yous give a balls behind it all we just live in a world now unfortunately where a huge amount of people feel they need to feel false emotion towards the lifes of total bloody strangers.

I had my first child 8 months ago should i make a thread about him or is it to late? Can i still claim my 100 thanks and 15 minutes of AH fame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Ugh, yawn. Give me the young lad telling Boards about his new baby before the above po-faced shyte (and all the other posts like it).
    And eh... people here really not to stop telling others what they're thinking - mind-reading isn't possible. I thanked the OP because I'm genuinely happy for him, it's not due to feeling obliged to express fake emotion. If I was indifferent to it, I wouldn't thank it and I'd disregard the thread.

Yeh, so such a thread isn't necessary, but it's here, so get over it and just ignore it. Dickish comments about it aren't necessary either. And they're also attention-seeking - to showcase how cynical and hard one is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

The people giving out or saying theres no need for the thread etc are 100 percent right.

Get enough of this waffle everywhere else why the **** here as well?

Theres no other reason at all posting something like that in here other then looking for attention. Your happy i get it i understand but why not enjoy it in the real world with your family and friends the internet doesn't need to know.

The people with there congratulations bla bla crap being totally honest none of yous give a balls behind it all we just live in a world now unfortunately where a huge amount of people feel they need to feel false emotion towards the lifes of total bloody strangers.

I had my first child 8 months ago should i make a thread about him or is it to late? Can i still claim my 100 thanks and 15 minutes of AH fame?

I don't know the OP but I'm genuinely happy for him. His baby arriving safe and sound is a great thing, you don't need to know someone to be happy for them. But it is kinda miserable to rain on someone's parade. If there are too many threads with people telling things that only affect them, well go ahead and raise the issue at the helpdesk or wherever you're supposed to and ask for a policy of only starting topics about things that affect large numbers of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭DeadHand

OP hasn't posted in 7 hours!

He's clearly been told to take his face out of the phone...

Rightly so.

Oh and congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Magaggie wrote: »
    *Rambling post*

So can everyone start threads on their kids now?

Or maybe even things they have done today that they are proud of?

I pushed a hefty sh1te out this afternoon, a good two pounder I reckon, might start a thread on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

It's no worse than the shyte that's posted here day in day out. If you don't think it should be a thread report it.

I was delighted for the OP a bit of a 'Good News' story.

And people getting worked up about "thanks whoring" need to get a grip. "Fishing for likes" my teenage nephew calls it on FB- but that's a juvenile opinion to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I keep forgetting your only allowed say what people generally want to hear on here! Silly me :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

wazky wrote: »
    So can everyone start threads on their kids now?

Or maybe even things they have done today that they are proud of?

I pushed a hefty sh1te out this afternoon, a good two pounder I reckon, might start a thread on it.

If that's the best thing likely to happen in your life, go ahead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement