Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my son is born

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭DeadHand

But it is kinda miserable to rain on someone's parade.

I agree with the spirit of your post but this ain't the place for his parade.

He should be concentrating 100% on his partner and child while only looking away to inform his closest relatives and friends. Not trading comments with randomers on here.

It's informational and emotional incontinence at it's worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Put up a poll, we'll pick the name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

efb wrote: »
    If that's the best thing likely to happen in your life, go ahead.

Not the best thing obviously, top ten maybe but not the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

wazky wrote: »
    So can everyone start threads on their kids now?
    Don't ask me. I'm not a mod/admin.
    Or maybe even things they have done today that they are proud of?

I pushed a hefty sh1te out this afternoon, a good two pounder I reckon, might start a thread on it.
    No skin off my nose if you do (poor analogy mind). Anyone who doesn't want to read it can ignore it.
    I keep forgetting your only allowed say what people generally want to hear on here! Silly me :P
    Oh yeh... it's almost like one of those... discussion forums, where people post opposing views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

I pushed a hefty sh1te out this afternoon, a good two pounder I reckon, might start a thread on it.

What's it's name? Do you now carry the pic around in your wallet and annoy strangers by telling them about your ballspawn? LOOK AT THEM!

• Advertisement

What's it's name? Do you now carry the pic around in your wallet and annoy strangers by telling them about your ballspawn? LOOK AT THEM!

Id love to do that, stick a pair of those googly eyes on it aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

It is quite sad that people seem to be jealous of the OP.

Magaggie wrote: »

Oh yeh... it's almost like one of those... discussion forums, where people post opposing views.

Where's the discussion in announcing you've had a child can I ask?, are some of us supposed to say "no you haven't!" just to create an argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Haha hold on what have I got to be jealous of?

That's a mental thing to say in fairness.

Here's the thing you make a thread saying so and so is in labour...... Then u make another saying son is born.....

To me that's saying I feel what's going on in my life is more important than most it needs the attention on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I'm so jealous of the OP, I wish I had a child to look after and be responsible for for 18 years. Can't deal with the jealousy, it consumes me.

• Advertisement

DeadHand wrote: »
    I agree with the spirit of your post but this ain't the place for his parade.

He should be concentrating 100% on his partner and child while only looking away to inform his closest relatives and friends. Not trading comments with randomers on here.

It's informational and emotional incontinence at it's worst.
    Over a period of 11 hours he posted to this thread five times - short posts that could easily be written while off for a cup of tea or something.
    I do understand it not making sense to people and I wouldn't do it myself, but people really enjoy being nasty about it, which is uncalled for IMO. The lad is over-the-moon and also only a young fella - most of us have done silly things when young/on a high.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

It's certainly not jealousy. I think it's ridiculous, at minimum, to run to a public forum and announce your son is born.

If the occasion was as momentous as he suggests, then why on Earth would boards.ie become a top priority? There are a whole range of things to do and say on such an occasion, but yet he chooses boards?

Personally, I find the whole thing hard to believe. Sounds like a filthy prank to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

The people giving out or saying theres no need for the thread etc are 100 percent right.

Get enough of this waffle everywhere else why the **** here as well?

Theres no other reason at all posting something like that in here other then looking for attention. Your happy i get it i understand but why not enjoy it in the real world with your family and friends the internet doesn't need to know.

The people with there congratulations bla bla crap being totally honest none of yous give a balls behind it all we just live in a world now unfortunately where a huge amount of people feel they need to feel false emotion towards the lifes of total bloody strangers.

I had my first child 8 months ago should i make a thread about him or is it to late? Can i still claim my 100 thanks and 15 minutes of AH fame?

You know what? Im staring your fate in the face right now and I think I'm going to move, fast.

Where's the discussion in announcing you've had a child can I ask?, are some of us supposed to say "no you haven't!" just to create an argument?
    That was in response to the guy who said "I keep forgetting your only allowed say what people generally want to hear on here! Silly me".

You know what? Im staring your fate in the face right now and I think I'm going to move, fast.

Wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Sounds like something Mystic Meg would say. :pac:

So what is it? Why does it annoy you so much that someone for so many of these "thanks" that you seem to despise so much? Jealousy/begrudgery, whatever you want to call it.
    It's certainly not jealousy. I think it's ridiculous, at minimum, to run to a public forum and announce your son is born.

If the occasion was as momentous as he suggests, then why on Earth would boards.ie become a top priority? There are a whole range of things to do and say on such an occasion, but yet he chooses boards?

Personally, I find the whole thing hard to believe. Sounds like a filthy prank to me.

I believe it, the OP has mentioned stuff like this in the past on here.

Who said Boards was a top priority? With smartphones etc. you can get on boards, make a post, and be off it again in a matter of seconds. Even by reading the OP it looks rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I think the issue is that this is perhaps not the place for a running commentary of the OP and his personal life. There are more suitable places such as Facebook or Twitter. He has started 3 threads recently, solely focusing on his life's milestones.

If I remember correctly, a while ago a thread in AH was locked (much to the dismay of many) for similar updates of their personal lives. Just seems a tad odd that these threads are permitted, but not that one.

Here's the thing you make a thread saying so and so is in labour...... Then u make another saying son is born.....

To me that's saying I feel what's going on in my life is more important than most it needs the attention on here.
    I agree in fairness. But then when you say "People don't really mean it when they're saying congrats" it's a claim you can read people's minds, which is arrogant. People are happy for anyone who has a new baby. Maybe not over the moon, but still happy for them.

So what is it? Why does it annoy you so much that someone for so many of these "thanks" that you seem to despise so much? Jealousy/begrudgery, whatever you want to call it.

I believe it, the OP has mentioned stuff like this in the past on here.

Who said Boards was a top priority? With smartphones etc. you can get on boards, make a post, and be off it again in a matter of seconds. Even by reading the OP it looks rushed.

What would I be jealous of? I have a son I was in that position I know how it feels only difference is I rang me ma then I left it at that I didn't go online telling the world about it cause I felt they should know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Posts like this and others come across as real petty, almost spiteful.

I'd rather read about a happy moment in a regulars life than the near childish begrudgerment of others.

What would I be jealous of? I have a son I was in that position I know how it feels only difference is I rang me ma then I left it at that I didn't go online telling the world about it cause I felt they should know.

And he decided to post it on here.

Don't see what the big deal is.

Magaggie wrote: »
    I agree in fairness. But then when you say "People don't really mean it when they're saying congrats" it's a claim you can read people's minds, which is arrogant. People are happy for anyone who has a new baby. Maybe not over the moon, but still happy for them.

OK fair enough maybe some are happy with it that's fine alot of it I just don't believe because alot of it is people being false.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

For me, it's not what I want boards to turn into. This is a discussion forum, I wish the OP best an all but this isn't the place for this type of thing. He should go on Facebook or Twitter.

And he decided to post it on here.

Don't see what the big deal is.

Its not a big deal at all that's my point!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

For f*ck's sake people. A guy had a kid and is excited. The begrudgery on this thread is everything that's wrong with the country. Try to be happy for someone else, just once. You never know, you might like it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement