Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my son is born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Thinly veiled "I had sex" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Angry_Mammarys

Fab news!:D congrats to ye all:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Congrats. Now check his head for the number.
    What? Everyone does this, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Seeing as Boards was one of the first things you thought of after he was born, you should name him Broady.

AN anagram for Boards obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

GrayFox208 wrote: »
    Ah piss off.. You'd swear I post every action I make on boards... Me and Hazel are happy today and I decided to share it with people here...

Thanks a million, was running short of baby stories for my Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Congrats man, best time of your life has just begun.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Congrats may you all have many years of health a happiness and stinky nappies! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

He's born emotions everywhere I'm so happy

Congratulations Grayfox. Fantastic news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Congrats to the three of you. Wishing you many years of health and happiness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Happy birthday grayfox208 junior.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Congratulations :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Congrats. Now check his head for the number.
    What? Everyone does this, right?

Checklist goes:

1) No disability
    2) Not ginger
    3) The number

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Granted the dickhead comment was slightly OTT :p

He's a point. This thread is going to be nothing but ohhhhs and awwwws.

Who cares? How many posters have babies everyday yet don't start threads about it?

At least tell us a story along with it instead of an update.

You could say "who cares?" about pretty much every thread on boards. Scroll past if you don't care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Not2Good

Piss off fishing for thanks, no one cares. Your baby is like very other baby. A dickhead

If you are lucky enough to have a baby, you want to tell the world. It is a happy moment and no amount of ill-will or resentment will change that. Little Baby, for every mean person you meet in the life ahead of you, rest assured there are a thousand caring people out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Cienciano wrote: »
    You could say "who cares?" about pretty much every thread on boards. Scroll past if you don't care

It's just that this could've been stuck in the other thread as an update. Be grand then. I just don't see the need for Facebook status-like threads.

There's been plenty of lads with kids who might mention it in a thread, but don't start up whole threads to say it. In which case it's like, great, but who cares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Tis the dream I'm sure! :p
    Granted the dickhead comment was slightly OTT :p

He's a point. This thread is going to be nothing but ohhhhs and awwwws.

Who cares? How many posters have babies everyday yet don't start threads about it?

At least tell us a story along with it instead of an update.
    He's = he has

Duh
    Oh my god I'm going to bed! /vomit
    Promise to vomit?

Hmmm. I have the gag a bit under control now. Any sudden soppy movements and I could blow
    Ibut who cares?

You - a little too much - by the looks of things.

If I'm being honest, I don't know the person so it's not big news to me but they're happy. Why the - near furious - desire to piss on their parade?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Linka

He's born emotions everywhere I'm so happy

Congratulations Grayfox, exciting times ahead! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Congrats. ... hope all goes well with Dino

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Cienciano wrote: »

It doesn't really have any personal involvement for most people. It's just as exciting as a random stranger posting "it's my birthday" ir "I got married"

I get that having a kid is incredibly life changing, but it's someone i don't know, amongst the millions who will give birth today so it's pretty hard to build up excitement.

Now a thread about open show laces for example. I could contribute to that. I nearly tripped on mine yesterday. Fecking converse always come undone.

anncoates wrote: »
    You - a little too much - by the looks of things.

If I'm being honest, I don't know the person so it's not big news to me but they're happy. Why the - near furious - desire to piss on their parade?

Meh.

I made my point. I don't get the big deal. Why start yet another thread about it, just update the old one and have a genuinely nice finishing post and conclusion to it.

At this rate are we gonna see a thread for every mile stone, like having his first bottle, "OMG he grabbed my thumb!", "Naw, he fell asleep on me -being a parent is the best thing ever!".

I'm not pissing on his parade, I congratulated him, and I don't care to be excited or not, it's just that I come here to get away from this Facebook stuff.
    These are status updates, not threads.

As I said, how many guys here who have been recently made parents and started such threads dedicated to telling everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Meh.

I made my point.

Theres no need to keep making it. If you dont like the thread dont read it and move on.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I made my point.?

Sure did.

You have the highest number of posts in the thread to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Is he walking yet ?

If not I would get that checked out.

anncoates wrote: »
    Sure did.

You have the highest number of posts in the thread to date.

People responded to me and I responded back. It's rude not to yanno :p

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Jesus some people need to stop their cornflakes being pissed in.

OP congrats and well done.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

OP should print this thread out and give it to the kid on his 16th birthday. . . if he hates him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

KeithM89 wrote: »
    OP should print this thread out and give it to the kid on his 16th birthday. . . if he hates him.

valuable life lesson. You're not important. You hold no inherent value for people until you do something. You are not special. :D

Except to his Mum. to her (s)he's special.

Congrats Op, you created a little miracle that's just like the other 7 billion miracles hanging around this planet. But this ones all yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I went out and had a party in the baby's honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

If I had a child born and one of my first thoughts was "I'd better tell a the strangers I don't know at boards.ie!", I'd have to have a serious look at life.
    Besides that, congratulations. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Reoil wrote: »
    If I had a child born and one of my first thoughts was "I'd better tell a the strangers I don't know at boards.ie!", I'd have to have a serious look at life.
    Besides that, congratulations. :)

If he gets one hundred thanks he gets a free supply of nappys for a year though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement