Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

TheBhoys wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we're allowed to stay in the college on the Sunday before we officially start? After the induction week?

Sunday 29th? yep you get your rooms on day one of induction week and so you can either arrive by 8.30am monday morning or arrive the evening before

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TheBhoys

Sunday 29th? yep you get your rooms on day one of induction week and so you can either arrive by 8.30am monday morning or arrive the evening before

Sunday the 29th I meant yeah. Brilliant, thanks for that, was a little worried they would be strict on the bold stated "Monday 30th".

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

TheBhoys wrote: »
    Sunday the 29th I meant yeah. Brilliant, thanks for that, was a little worried they would be strict on the bold stated "Monday 30th".

Well the shop and everything is closed until monday morning so there isn't much to do except a trip to one of the local pubs sunday evening if you arrive too early and although curfew of signing in by midnight only really applies monday night to thursday night you can't really be strolling in too late sunday night. Most people tend to arrive back from 8pm on give or take...

Well the shop and everything is closed until monday morning so there isn't much to do except a trip to one of the local pubs sunday evening if you arrive too early and although curfew of signing in by midnight only really applies monday night to thursday night you can't really be strolling in too late sunday night. Most people tend to arrive back from 8pm on give or take...

Not too worried about shopping or anything, just somewhere to stay for the night, wouldn't want to be late on the first day! And can you tell me, are recruits allowed to stay down all weekend when necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

When do they return educational/qualification certs? Are they just photocopying them and handing them back or do they hold onto them while your training?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 CS1234

Is everybody typing out their list of relatives for Monday or just a hand written list ? And does anybody know if there is much point in family coming is it just so u can have a walk around campus ?

CS1234 wrote: »
    Is everybody typing out their list of relatives for Monday or just a hand written list ? And does anybody know if there is much point in family coming is it just so u can have a walk around campus ?

I've typed all of mine, but I'm sure hand written is just fine, it hasn't been stated! If your family is interested, bring them, but I don't think it's a big deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Hi lads, starting tomorrow (nervous as hell )
    I just have a quick question for those who've gone through the college and got stationed, whats the story for those with say kids or family members sick ect when it comes to stationing?
    I've heard neurmous different answers?
    I was told that you can submit a welfare form and they try to accommodate you as best they can? Can anyone please shed some light on this

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Best of Luck to everyone starting tomorrow.
    See you in stations in 8 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭murraychrisg

Best of luck all startin tomorrow! Will meet you all down there!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Springlawn

So what is everyone wearing down in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Springlawn wrote: »
    So what is everyone wearing down in the morning

Paco Rabanne for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Springlawn

So are people goin down with suits on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 conzcro

Springlawn wrote: »
    So are people goin down with suits on.

Yup il be wearing a suit anyway. I presume that's what everyone will be wearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Hi lads, starting tomorrow (nervous as hell )
    I just have a quick question for those who've gone through the college and got stationed, whats the story for those with say kids or family members sick ect when it comes to stationing?
    I've heard neurmous different answers?
    I was told that you can submit a welfare form and they try to accommodate you as best they can? Can anyone please shed some light on this

Are you a Dub? If so I wouldnt be worried.

If not you can submit a welfare form, get it done as early into the training as possible not when your nearing the end of training in the college and rumours of stations are being given out

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

Are you a Dub? If so I wouldnt be worried.

If not you can submit a welfare form, get it done as early into the training as possible not when your nearing the end of training in the college and rumours of stations are being given out

No not a dub but not too far away ! What's this about a welfare form? And how does it work? It's a family thing that's on my mind a sort of what happens to such person if I get posted to x y and z. It has my head in over drive

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Coco8

Hey lads, just wondering if anyone knows what the story is with days off during training? I know we get two weeks leave from the college but if you needed a Friday off for a wedding would that be allowed?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Coco8 wrote: »
    Hey lads, just wondering if anyone knows what the story is with days off during training? I know we get two weeks leave from the college but if you needed a Friday off for a wedding would that be allowed?
    Thanks

Yep you would get the Friday for the wedding but would have to be back Monday

No not a dub but not too far away ! What's this about a welfare form? And how does it work? It's a family thing that's on my mind a sort of what happens to such person if I get posted to x y and z. It has my head in over drive

If your near Dublin then there's a very good chance this is where your coming. They have been extremely accommodating with the first three phases out. Yes some may not have got anywhere near there home town, that'd be because there isn't a training station anywhere near them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

If your near Dublin then there's a very good chance this is where your coming. They have been extremely accommodation with the first three phases out. Yes some may not have got anywhere near there home town, that'd be because there isn't a training station anywhere near them.
    Never heard of this before! But sounds dead on.. There would be loads in Dublin wouldn't there? Not necessarily any in every other county though

• Advertisement

Never heard of this before! But sounds dead on.. There would be loads in Dublin wouldn't there? Not necessarily any in every other county though

It all depends on the needs at the time the phase is due out.
    There could be a lot out of the new phase heading Drogheda direction I would expect..
    But you can just never tell! There's also rumours of a big load coming to Dublin from the next group...

The only way to tell is when it actually comes out in writing, until then it's all speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Coco8

Yep you would get the Friday for the wedding but would have to be back Monday

Thanks for that! I was afraid you'd be locked in Monday to Friday with no chance of the odd day off for that kind of thing :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mason123

Well Guys

I hope someone can help me out!

Did anyone have to go through the Irish assessment with public appointments service? and if so what did it involve?
    I have been getting grinds but what should I be focusing on......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

mason123 wrote: »
    Well Guys

I hope someone can help me out!

Did anyone have to go through the Irish assessment with public appointments service? and if so what did it involve?
    I have been getting grinds but what should I be focusing on......

I'll draw your attention to this thread
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057304711/11/#post97514928

What the guys there are saying is it is tougher than Leaving Cert higher level Irish

But I'm not sure how they can come to that conclusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Lc201395

Hoping to start in Templemore soon. Was wondering what the story is with days off/holidays during the training? If you were to start in March, do they give you a week off during the summer or is it just the 32 weeks straight through with no breaks?

Lc201395 wrote: »
    Hoping to start in Templemore soon. Was wondering what the story is with days off/holidays during the training? If you were to start in March, do they give you a week off during the summer or is it just the 32 weeks straight through with no breaks?

You'll get a week or 2 off. They won't be at the same time though. You might get a week in say June and another week again further through the training. They will tell you anyway when you start.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Wannabegarda

Is there an. Intake in January and any idea when the start date is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

A quick q for those going through the college at the moment,

would be grateful for some replies :)

When you get your training stations, Are trainees being sent across the country away from their home area or are they being places some bit near,?

thanks!

Canyon86 wrote: »
    A quick q for those going through the college at the moment,

would be grateful for some replies :)

When you get your training stations, Are trainees being sent across the country away from their home area or are they being places some bit near,?

thanks!

You're sent anywhere really. That's what you're singing up for.
    They try keeping you close specially with no rest allowance but there are lads in Dublin from the country and vice versa so you don't really know till the list is called out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Turbo T wrote: »
    You're sent anywhere really. That's what you're singing up for.
    They try keeping you close specially with no rest allowance but there are lads in Dublin from the country and vice versa so you don't really know till the list is called out.

What do you do with the rent allowance gone? If your from Dublin and stationed in Dublin it wouldnt be to bad but if your from dublin and stationed up the country somewhere your kinda screwed..

Advertisement