Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Kerrbear92 wrote: »
    Just sent away the measurements for the uniform :) can't wait to get down! Can anyone suggest a decent cheap laptop? Only have a netbook so doubt I'll need to buy a bigger one!

Sent mine Friday :) Getting real now! I reckon once it has Microsoft on it its fine

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kerrbear92

Sent mine Friday :) Getting real now! I reckon once it has Microsoft on it its fine

Yea ill buy the cheapest one I can get with Microsoft on it ha! Wonder how the newest recruits are getting on after their first week?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Folks, your judo suit can be bought in the college shop. Don't be spening a fortune on it. You won't need it for a while anyway.

A printer is always a good one to bring and extra ink ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TheBhoys

Just sent away the measurements for the uniform :) can't wait to get down! Can anyone suggest a decent cheap laptop? Only have a netbook so doubt I'll need to buy a bigger one!

There's a few good deals on in Currys at the minute, not much over €220 if you're looking for a new one? But then Microsoft office on top of that costs a bit more, but I'd definitely go for a new one over a second hand one with Microsoft already installed.. Just depends on your funds!

Turbo T wrote: »
    Folks, your judo suit can be bought in the college shop. Don't be spening a fortune on it. You won't need it for a while anyway.

A printer is always a good one to bring and extra ink ;)

You'd advise bringing a printer down with you on the first week? I'll be going up and down on public transport after the first week, so I'd rather not cart it down after that!

• Advertisement

Yea ill buy the cheapest one I can get with Microsoft on it ha! Wonder how the newest recruits are getting on after their first week?

Yeah I was wondering myself.. I assume they are being told not to post on this any longer.. Will be us pretty soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

TheBhoys wrote: »
    You'd advise bringing a printer down with you on the first week? I'll be going up and down on public transport after the first week, so I'd rather not cart it down after that!

Where abouts are you traveling from? I'd happily give you a lift if u pure going my way I'm sure others would too.
    Yeah I'd say they were told no more posting..anyway T Minus 21 days.

Where abouts are you traveling from? I'd happily give you a lift if u pure going my way I'm sure others would too.
    Yeah I'd say they were told no more posting..anyway T Minus 21 days.

I'm pretty sure I'll be well out of your way...Donegal, it's well out of everyone's way! Haha I hope to get a car of some sort back again after a few weeks, but until then it'll be public transport, but thanks again!

Not the 1st week no but in time.
    You can car pool sure there won't be a problem.
    If you're bringing stuff down by car on the first week then bring it if you have it but you'll be able to organise lifts anyway man so don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Blueandwhite15

I'm pretty sure I'll be well out of your way...Donegal, it's well out of everyone's way! Haha I hope to get a car of some sort back again after a few weeks, but until then it'll be public transport, but thanks again!

I could get you alot closer might save you a few euro... sure ill chat you down there

• Advertisement

I could get you alot closer might save you a few euro... sure ill chat you down there

Well get a proper chat in a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mc Garnigle

Good morning..Just flicking through this..Has there been a intake called for Nov 23rd? Passed Medical,PCT, Super etc back in June and OOM is mid 500's. Just getting a bit fed up..Any feedback would be appreciated

Good morning..Just flicking through this..Has there been a intake called for Nov 23rd? Passed Medical,PCT, Super etc back in June and OOM is mid 500's. Just getting a bit fed up..Any feedback would be appreciated

Yeah man we starting on 23rd November.. Few of us have OOM's in the 750's but Vetting was back quick.. Vetting is the problem!

That's a hell of a wait for someone in the 500's, I'm in the 800's and was called for the November intake, must have family living abroad which will be holding the vetting up, you could always ring HRM and ask what the situation is just to clarify for yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mc Garnigle

TheBhoys wrote:
    That's a hell of a wait for someone in the 500's, I'm in the 800's and was called for the November intake, must have family living abroad which will be holding the vetting up, you could always ring HRM and ask what the situation is just to clarify for yourself?

Cheers. No no family abroad. All at home..Just losing a bit of interest with all this waiting. Tried ringing and emailing but no response...Thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Cheers. No no family abroad. All at home..Just losing a bit of interest with all this waiting. Tried ringing and emailing but no response...Thanks for the replies

You may have lived abroad? Or someone close in the family may have and then returned. I was told by HRM that there are people waiting over a year because they lived abroad and still no response from whatever country the Gardai have attempted to contact.

Don't lose interest man ! Its worth the wait ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CS1234

Anybody heading down the 23rd know what the deal is with time off over Christmas??

CS1234 wrote: »
    Anybody heading down the 23rd know what the deal is with time off over Christmas??

Wish I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I think I read way back in this thread that last year they were back in day after Stephens day - which was 29th. Someone will probably be able to clarify.

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »
    I think I read way back in this thread that last year they were back in day after Stephens day - which was 29th. Someone will probably be able to clarify.

Yea lad, we were let go on the 23rd of Dec and we were back the monday afterwards which was the 29th until the 31st. Half day i think.
    Could be different this year now

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

Can anyone tell me if you can take days off during training?

I have a wedding in Spain in May but I'll probably be in the first intake of the new year March/April and these will clash.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bk1989

I'm in the same boat as you, everything complete since June. the waiting does get pretty tiresome alright but I did spend time in Australia so that's what's holding me up.. Very frustrating still though, don't understand how nothing can be done to speed things up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ceatharlach abu

Yea lad, we were let go on the 23rd of Dec and we were back the monday afterwards which was the 29th until the 31st. Half day i think.
    Could be different this year now

I think the 28th of december might be a bank holiday?? Be nice if it was ha

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Muggle24

TheBhoys wrote:
    Just the judo suit and the clothes brush left for me..still unsure as to what a clothes brush is! Ha

Like a lint roller ?

Muggle24 wrote: »
    Like a lint roller ?

A lint roller will do the job too.

Don't forget a neddle and thread for buttons popping off epaulettes and the hems of trousers falling down

A lint roller will do the job too.

Don't forget a neddle and thread for buttons popping off epaulettes and the hems of trousers falling down

I wouldnt know where to start with a needle and thread!! haha Id just hurt myself

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bjmully

TheBhoys wrote:

What part of donegal you travelling from?

bjmully wrote: »
    What part of donegal you travelling from?

Around the Letterkenny area, just outside it actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 bjmully

TheBhoys wrote:
    Around the Letterkenny area, just outside it actually

Letterkenny myself! Mountain top area!!

Advertisement