Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Garda Trainees (Templemore)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 TheBhoys

bjmully wrote: »
    Letterkenny myself! Mountain top area!!

You're the second person around my area then so, are you heading down on the 23rd aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bjmully

TheBhoys wrote:
    You're the second person around my area then so, are you heading down on the 23rd aswell?

Yea down the 23rd! Ah not so bad then! Travelling won't be a problem so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭WillFerrell93

Any reserves going down the 23rd? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kerrbear92

Looks like templemore is gona have a few of us Donegal ones :) glad to know I'm not the only one with the long journey down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭FGR

As always guys best of luck. That trek from Donegal must be a nightmare. I remember in the days of yore those from Donegal were authorised to stay over the weekends. I don't know if it's allowed anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ceatharlach abu

Any reserves going down the 23rd? :)

I had a look at the reserves recruitment thread there, they seem to be getting screwed over big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

I had a look at the reserves recruitment thread there, they seem to be getting screwed over big time!

How?

How's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Training being cancelled a few times this year i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Hi all,

Just looking to ask about being posted to stations etc when finished training,

Do ye have any say at all which stations ye are sent to after finishing training or how does that work?

I am aware ye must declare all relations etc, and can t work near your locality

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just looking to ask about being posted to stations etc when finished training,

Do ye have any say at all which stations ye are sent to after finishing training or how does that work?

I am aware ye must declare all relations etc, and can t work near your locality

Thanks

No say whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CS1234

Is everyone who's going down the 23rd bringing family with them the first day ? I'm not planning on it just hope I'm not the only one arriving on my own ha

CS1234 wrote: »
    Is everyone who's going down the 23rd bringing family with them the first day ? I'm not planning on it just hope I'm not the only one arriving on my own ha

I'll be bringing the folks down anyway, I'm sure there will be others there with no one though, I wouldn't be worrying about!

How?

Training's been canceled twice already and looks to be getting canceled a third time

CS1234 wrote: »

I originally planned on going alone, but have since been told otherwise ha

Has anyone found a bloody clothes brush yet?? haha

Has anyone found a bloody clothes brush yet?? haha

Couldn't find one in any of the shops, but I found one on eBay, quality isn't great, but it'll do for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

TheBhoys wrote: »
    Couldn't find one in any of the shops, but I found one on eBay, quality isn't great, but it'll do for a while!

A lint roller is all you need. It's only for fluff and stuff on your uniform for parade.

Yeah ive spent the last two weekends trying to find one ha
    Cheers Turbo! Is there anything you would recommend bringing that isnt on the list? Can you get away with Ps4's Tv's and the likes? Obviously not on week one but after a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 40 conzcro

Hi lads ya know when we're filling out the list of relations in ireland are we meant to say how close we are to the person or just state of they are an aunt or uncle etc?

• Advertisement

conzcro wrote: »
    Hi lads ya know when we're filling out the list of relations in ireland are we meant to say how close we are to the person or just state of they are an aunt or uncle etc?

I just said Aunt/Uncle.. I would say thats all thats needed

Do we need to resubmit the list of aunts & uncles or will just the 1st cousins do? Surely they still have it from the last time ...

Do we need to resubmit the list of aunts & uncles or will just the 1st cousins do? Surely they still have it from the last time ...

I think you should just put everything back in to this form again, just better to be safe than sorry, you should have it all from the Form B anyway, but that's just my opinion!

I think you should just put everything back in to this form again, just better to be safe than sorry, you should have it all from the Form B anyway, but that's just my opinion!

No harm I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Lint roller, get em in Dealz, or Tesco. Basically a roll of sticky paper. One should be enough for your term in the college.

Xios wrote: »
    Lint roller, get em in Dealz, or Tesco. Basically a roll of sticky paper. One should be enough for your term in the college.

Ah cool cheers! Anything else you would recommend bringing down?

Are any of you's bringing leaving cert and degree results it would the degree results be enough?

Kerrbear92 wrote: »
    Are any of you's bringing leaving cert and degree results it would the degree results be enough?

Yeah says bring Educational Certificates so I be bringing my LC anyways
    No harm not to once you have them

Kerrbear92 wrote: »

Im bringing a photocopy of the college degree. Rang HR and was told a photocopy should be enough at this stage

• Advertisement

Im bringing a photocopy of the college degree. Rang HR and was told a photocopy should be enough at this stage

So I'd be safe enough just bringing my college degree and not the leaving cert results because I think it's dear enough to order them again :(

Advertisement