Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my girlfriend is in labour and I'm freaking out

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

My labour seems like a walk in the park compared to the stories here :pac:. Induced at 10:30am, baby by 7pm. A few stitches and didnt even feel like I'd given birth at all the next morning. No pain downstairs at all, hardly even noticed the stitches either.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Reiketsu wrote: »
    My labour seems like a walk in the park compared to the stories here :pac:. Induced at 10:30am, baby by 7pm. A few stitches and didnt even feel like I'd given birth at all the next morning. No pain downstairs at all, hardly even noticed the stitches either.

I hate you. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Jake1 wrote: »
    Im imaging all the men here fainting over their keyboards after reading your description of labour :D:D

I've had several kids and I am fainting myself.
    Good God woman that was awful.

auldgranny wrote: »
    I've had several kids and I am fainting myself.
    Good God woman that was awful.

me too. :eek::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Best wishes OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I had SPD and they forgot and put my legs in stirrups during the birth. Couldn't walk for weeks AND my sons heartbeat dropped and there was no free theatre so they used her hand to try and stretch me and I was only 8cm and then forceps. Nightmare on elm street. Then she pulled out the placenta and it snapped and splattered everything, all over me. Like a scene for a horror movies.

So, no it wasn't easy!!!

I'm just gonna....just gonna... head over there for a bit.

Maybe cry a little

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

mauzo! wrote: »
    I could still beat you in the 'my labour was worse than yours' battle that crazy mothers do.

But it's pointless. The point is, it's worth it, women do it all over the world and it's what we're made to do.

So good luck to your girlfriend OP, when the baby is out she won't even remember the pain and you'll feel closer to her than ever :)

Hahaha at the not remembering the pain ........ I will never ever ever forget the pain! I didn't forget it five minutes afterwards, I still haven't forgotten it seven months afterwards. I'm not saying I'd never go again, but I'll be asking to be put under sedation and heavy pain relief from the moment I get a positive pregnancy test next time around.

Some women have medically horrible births and are grand, some women have medically normal births and find them horrendous. I was a bit of both - the birth - while no emergency situation - wasn't exactly straightforward, there were various interventions and inadequate pain relief, and it was extremely painful.

I'll go through labour again, but on my own terms. Couldn't go through that horrificness again. No way.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jelenka

Some horrific stories, I count myself lucky -induced 16.15 delivered 16.45 :-P
    Op, good luck to you and your girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I hope it's not like Francine Smith who has a scar on her perineum ("tore from [her] V to [her] A") from Steve's birth

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nidge123

Just to say i had the pleasure of going into bourkes menswear in carrick on suir and the chap called ray gave us wonderful service to my son,
    He went way beyond the call of duty,we had it in our mind not to hire as he had a few occasions to use formal wear and got a fab suit... Well done...fantastic salesman who knows his stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

nidge123 wrote: »
    Just to say i had the pleasure of going into bourkes menswear in carrick on suir and the chap called ray gave us wonderful service to my son,
    He went way beyond the call of duty,we had it in our mind not to hire as he had a few occasions to use formal wear and got a fab suit... Well done...fantastic salesman who knows his stuff

Is that you Lonan?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

Good luck,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I thought it was a piece of cake, and that was with a split pelvis

:cool: :pac:

:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,412 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good Luck and Congrats OP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I'm so happy I ruined it for you, does that make me a bad person??!!

The jokers on here need a dose of reality! Some lowlife was even jesting about
    symphysiotomy (split pelvis), FFS!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Wishiwasa Littlebitaller

iDave wrote: »
    Not sure if I believe this.
    I don't believe you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91362155&postcount=1338

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I had SPD and they forgot and put my legs in stirrups during the birth. Couldn't walk for weeks AND my sons heartbeat dropped and there was no free theatre so they used her hand to try and stretch me and I was only 8cm and then forceps. Nightmare on elm street. Then she pulled out the placenta and it snapped and splattered everything, all over me. Like a scene for a horror movies.

So, no it wasn't easy!!!

I once got kicked in the balls..... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Breathe.

Didn't work, still puked :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I thought it was a piece of cake, and that was with a split pelvis

:cool: :pac:

proper troooper you are thumbs up :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Partner in labour and he's posting on boards...priorities man!! Seriously good luck to you both in the hours ahead, enjoy these moments with your newborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

If she poops while she's giving birth, never ever mention it again. She'll love you for it.

No, just no. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Have a walk around the hospital and see if you can find a prosthetic hand to save your own hand from being squeezed to oblivion. Hope all goes well for ye and the new arrival :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Be grateful you are not in a labour camp in Russia or North Korea.

Advertisement