Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Well I've just gotten a confirmation email from Asus saying they'll collect it and provide me with a replacement, but didn't give a date.

Good start so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

Great stuff,hopefully all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I think hardwareeversand are fuked are they? i cant order from them cause of the adress, anyone any joy last day or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

I think hardwareeversand are fuked are they? i cant order from them cause of the adress, anyone any joy last day or 2

few people have had an address issue with them. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057460631

I just tried checking out without an account and was able to get to through to the payment page with the following:

Delivery address
    Mr.
    duffman85 duffman85
    duffman st 123

Co. Duff dufftown
    Ireland
    Tel.:

Invoice address
    Same as delivery address.

Edit: Ordered from them myself Wednesday the 15th and received my stuff on Tuesday 21st. Made sure everything was in stock when I ordered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Seemingly I can only order if I sign out of my HWV account. It is very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

have they blocked accounts registered from Ireland? or is that just a crazy idea..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

HowAreWe wrote: »
    have they blocked accounts registered from Ireland? or is that just a crazy idea..

I was half wondering if they have run into VAT threshold issues, its the reason that ebuyer stopped shipping here.

http://www.vatlive.com/eu-vat-rules/distance-selling-eu-vat-thresholds/

Hard to say though at the best of times the website is a bit flakey so it could easily just be gremlins in the machine either.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

So Upgraded to efiber yesterday, since having problems with connecting to the network using ethernet cables and homeplugs. It seems only 1 of my 3 plugs will connect at anyone time(limited testing so far).

My W7 pc is telling me the Network is "Unidentified Network"

Anyone else experience this, been fecking around all morning looking for a fix for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

So Upgraded to efiber yesterday, since having problems with connecting to the network using ethernet cables and homeplugs. It seems only 1 of my 3 plugs will connect at anyone time(limited testing so far).

My W7 pc is telling me the Network is "Unidentified Network"

Anyone else experience this, been fecking around all morning looking for a fix for it

What brand? Did you try pairing then again?

TP Link 500Mbps, have 4, the lights indicate that they connect to a network but no data is been transferred.

Yep tried pairing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

TP Link 500Mbps, have 4, the lights indicate that they connect to a network but no data is been transferred.

Yep tried pairing them

Can you ping other computers on the network? Or the router?

All up and running now again, plugged the Ethernet cable into a different port on the efiber modem and reset all the plugs again, did the trick this time. hope it will stay working now with out having to reset everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Was just about to pull the plug and order a new PC on hardwareversand.de, but I can't find any links to the site on geizhals.de....anyone else having the same problem?
    It was working last night...arghh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

fletch wrote: »
    Was just about to pull the plug and order a new PC on hardwareversand.de, but I can't find any links to the site on geizhals.de....anyone else having the same problem?
    It was working last night...arghh

The prices change and refresh periodically. Plus a you might not necessarily get discount links on every item.

I'd say wait and try later and it should be OK. Most components will get a small discount :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'd straight up avoid hwvs for the time being. Use skinflint.co.UK and Amazon or geizhals with the German amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

is geizhals.eu the same thing as skinflint just with prices in euro and language in english?

Yeah pretty much. Does Skinflint have EU stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Woot.

Active adapter worked for the WQHD DVI-D monitor.

50 quid was bloody steep, but it's an awful lot less than a new monitor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

holy **** that site is going to save me 30 quid on the monitor i want

noice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Woohoo! Maganged to validate 5gz .... prolly not stable but we'll see if my PC is a smoking pile of ruin in the morning! ;)

5.0ghz.jpg

• Advertisement

Just trying to see if you can?

Is that 70°C at idle :pac:

Yea for the craic. Might try push 5.1 tomorrow. I had Prime running for a bout 10 minutes to see what temps were like. I'll be running it at 4.5ghz for 24/7 oc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'd say the day I went messing looking for 5ghz I did some awful long term damage :Dhttp://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2619317

I'd say the day I went messing looking for 5ghz I did some awful long term damage :Dhttp://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2619317

1.44v, that must have gotten pretty toasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I run 4.9ghz at 1.31v on my 4790k 24/7 on air :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,966 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lads whats window 10 like with 4K resolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Headshot wrote: »

I'm not sure but I suppose it and higher resolutions are supported. It is the newest format so I'm sure they have it well tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Headshot wrote: »

Might be worth a read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/35afx9/how_much_better_will_windows_10_4kuhdqhd_scaling/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

What method are people using to Overclock their CPU's? Standard BIOS or a program?

I've got my i5-4690K running at 4ghz but pretty sure I can get it up to a stable 4.3 at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

Sonics2k wrote: »
    What method are people using to Overclock their CPU's? Standard BIOS or a program?

I've got my i5-4690K running at 4ghz but pretty sure I can get it up to a stable 4.3 at least.

Bios all the time for me.In general overclocking buttons on mobo's and so some software will use more volts than what is actually needed.

What mobo and cooling have you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement