Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Haha, Assassins Creed Unity, 20fps with Quad GTX980's at 4K!

What a shambles of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Would the 4gb vram not hold you back before the gpu runs out of grunt at very high resolutions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I'd love to win that hardware almost as much as I'd love to punch TTL in his smug face.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,865 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im thinking of getting an Intel NUC. Love the idea of having a very small PC that I can bring to work easily.

Anyone have one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Headshot wrote: »
    Im thinking of getting an Intel NUC. Love the idea of having a very small PC that I can bring to work easily.

Anyone have one?

They're deadly. Well worth going for the ones with the proper i3 and i5 ULV's versus the cheaper atom-Celeron based ones. Serious performance for such a tiny machine. Mount it to the back of your monitor and you wouldn't even notice it was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

HWVS have a product page up for the Titan X:
    http://www.hardwareversand.de/12288+MB/168917/ASUS+GeForce+GTX+TITAN+Z%2C+12GB+DDR5.article

I presume the price (€1600) is still a placeholder, but if it's not that seems mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

If correct, that's a f**king ludicrous for a GPU. Indeed anything >600 for a top tier card is nuts.

I'd guess its a placeholder price but going by what the last titan cost it wouldn't surprise me if that was the actual price.
    They have to leave room price wise for maybe a 6gb version of it and maybe even a 980ti.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Gbear wrote: »

I presume the price (€1600) is still a placeholder, but if it's not that seems mental.

€1600 is nothing to me. Pocket change is all it is.

I wish

1600? I think ill get 5 of them. 1 for each Bachelor pad

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    HWVS have a product page up for the Titan X:
    http://www.hardwareversand.de/12288+MB/168917/ASUS+GeForce+GTX+TITAN+Z%2C+12GB+DDR5.article

Hehe I've just noticed they have called it and used a pick of a Titan Z not Titan X :D

game4it70 wrote: »
    Hehe I've just noticed they have called it and used a pick of a Titan Z not Titan X :D

:o

A couple of Titan benches taken from anandtech review before it got taken down.
    Impressive albeit at about $1000 i think.

NbjHHuN.png

PH9Cx5t.png

Live stream from GTC 2015 and more info here

Still can't quite crack single GPU 4k.

Impressive performance to match or nearly match stock 295x2 and SLI 980s when overclocked.

Still, the two others can be overclocked to stretch the gap, the 980's are better at everything at any rate, and will surely come down in price at some point in the next few months when AMD finally release something, and the 295x2 is an awful lot cheaper.

Still not sure I see why anyone would get one. A daft product.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I wonder if they're still limited to 8bit colour per channel. I suppose it doesn't matter as all these new 4k panels are still '10 bit' at 4:2:0 or worse subsampling because of the data transfer limitations. Our eyes are more sensitive to luminance than chroma but skipping every second line of colour information is taking the piss IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

R.I.P Internet Explorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

As someone who's recently been employed for web development:

1289642691780.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

game4it70 wrote: »
    A couple of Titan benches taken from anandtech review before it got taken down.
    Impressive albeit at about $1000 i think.

NbjHHuN.png

PH9Cx5t.png

Live stream from GTC 2015 and more info here

295x2 - 679£

Titan Z - 1499£

I know what I would buy... Maybe even 2 and still have enough money for PSU! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

295x2 was as low as 500 pounds on overclockers too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Titan Z really seems to be aimed squarely at fanboys and people trying to play 4k on mITX builds that weigh less than half as much as the monitor they're trying to drive ;>_>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Anyone ever heard of mvp virtu, msi mode, useplatformclock, intel management engine or nvidia powermizer?

Most of it was news to me but tens of people are claiming it's all made huge difference to their computers 'responsiveness' while playing CS:GO.

I tried following some of it but might have fuckered my computer a bit, was doing a fast 180 turn in cs last night after it and did about 600 rotations. (1.1025 sens ingame.. 400 dpi.. my whole mousepad is a 85 degree turn..)

MVP virtu sounds like something we should be recommending to people looking for gaming computers to be specced for them, it utilizes the integrated gpu as well as the dedicated gpu, and it's claimed to be getting an extra 100 fps consistently on csgo.

There's some interesting stuff too there on that thread talking about testing cpu wait times / dpc latency causing delays on peripherals like the mouse...

A lot of stuff that probably doesn't make too much of a difference but for FPS games it might be..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Brigade – Nvidia GTC Presentation Real-Time Path Tracer Engine

http://wccftech.com/brigade-nvidia-gtc-presentation-realtime-path-tracer-engine/#ixzz3UwFnfFsn

Not going to see this in games anytime soon, but Ray Tracing in real time, at least in so far as the light effects are concerned, looks closer than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Decided to fire off a support ticket to logitech about my faulty G400 mouse. To my surprise they have now agreed to replace it with a G402 free of charge. The G400 cost me €30 26 months ago and the G402 is currently €53 on HWVS.

Have to say thats crazy customer service,great to see such a large company with fantastic customer care,so rare these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

EoinHef wrote: »
    Decided to fire off a support ticket to logitech about my faulty G400 mouse. To my surprise they have now agreed to replace it with a G402 free of charge. The G400 cost me €30 26 months ago and the G402 is currently €53 on HWVS.

Have to say thats crazy customer service,great to see such a large company with fantastic customer care,so rare these days.
    One of the best out there.
    Had my G700 mouse replaced two years ago after about a year and a half of use.

Then about 2 months ago, my replacement G700 was acting up again as well as my G930 headset. They replaced them both, free of charge, no need for to send back the broken products. I had to ring up a few days later to make sure of of my support tickets tracked right since I never got a follow on email. They created the ticket and I got delivered 3 packages. I got two G930 headsets and a replacement G700s mouse. Kept my mouth shut about he extra headset.

I was seriously tempted to jump ship to another manufacturer but since their customer service is simply outstanding, I think I'll be with them for some time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yeah i have to say ill be definitely using them again,its such a big plus to know if you have an issue they are prepared to stand over there products.

In the process of ordering a few parts now and was gonna grab a g502,think ill still grab it and keep the g402 as a spare

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Why settle for one Titan X when you could have 8?

JnDBsHB.jpg?1

Nice, but I think BS, max SLI is 4 cards IIRC? Also looks photoshopped.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nvidias new system in the pipeline allows for 8 way SLI.

I'd settle for 2..I'm already doing the sums, and have convinced myself its a good idea :o Looks like it will be 2016 for the 980ti release, and 2 x 980's is not worth upgrading from 2 x 780's. If I flog my 2 x 780's for 300 each, it will 'only' cost 1400 to upgrade to 2 Titan X's ex Vat. Amazing how I can rationalise anything given enough time. :)

Holding off until the 390x shows up, but f**K if I'm not tempted..

• Advertisement

Im debating to either buy A NUC or build an mini ITX myself

This is the NUC im thinking of getting

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-381-OK
    With 16gb ram, 1TB hard drive and 128gb msata

Just unsure at the moment, any advice?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement