Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Exactly, she watches everything anyone does, right now she's trying to grab my hands to see what I'm doing with my phone.
    I wouldn't mind but she is perfectly content with her bottles still. She has four 8oz bottles during the day & is still happy to wait the four hours in between plus she has a 12hr stretch at night and putting on weight so she has no need for anything extra right now.

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Why can't people just respect a parent's wishes as to how their child is raised....v. frustrating!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

12 hour stretch.....so jealous!!! Mother nature is cruel....making babies smile so sweetly when awake again for the 5th time!

Started food last week....loves bananas and carrots!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Awake at least 8 times between midnight and 7am :(

Awake at least 8 times between midnight and 7am :(

Oh God, I thought my four was bad between 2.30 and 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I was also feeling sorry for myself as she was up from 3.30-4.45!

The last two days have been desperate. He has learned about 5 new things this week and I think it's messed him up big time! Will only sleep on me and even then it's this fitfully. Wakes crying, no comforting him without boob (he always preferred dummy for comforting to sleep), and he doesn't just suck for comfort he properly gulps mostly. And yesterday he was like a newborn again feeding for 1-1.5hrs at a time! Great excuse to sit down but the waking thing is tough.

He can roll over now, pull himself towards me lying in bed, has new noises, blows masses of bubbles and more teething so in fairness he has a lot on :D

No rolling here yet but can drag an inch or two and sit for 10 seconds oh and hold a bottle for a few minutes which is great when doing dinner.

Eating like a horse - loves fish. We have had salmon and plaice. Enjoys fruit too. Still knocking back the milk

The bubble blowing is very funny. My little one can sit up by herself but no rolling yet. Funny how they're all so different! I'm so excited to start weaning, five and a half weeks to go!

Yeah we got his lovely high chair and he sits with us at the table but he has zero interest in food yet, 24 weeks tomorrow. So for now he just eats his hands :)

• Advertisement

Bp when do you fit the food into his day?

We wake at 6 for a feed then sleep till 7.30 ish. Porridge and fruit for breakfast (ready brek for him) and flavans for us. Then bf and bed for 9.,

Mashed banana (half a banana) at 11.30 and bf and bed at noon.

Bottle at four with fish and veg or spuds at 5.30 and bottle and bed at 7.

I tried only one meal but he was going nuts for food. 23 weeks now (I think!!!). Started food (baby rice) at 21 weeks. Tried to wait longer but he kept screaming when we are. I try and feed everyone the same bar lunch time and myself and 2 year old would have a wrap or sandwich. The portions would be small....10 baby spoons max.

Bed at 7, wow. Jealous! If he went to sleep so early I would get so much work done :( Although in fairness reading it again he sleeps way more during the day, he can only stay awake 1-2 hrs ay a time depending on what he's doing.

Bed at 7, wow. Jealous! If he went to sleep so early I would get so much work done :( Although in fairness reading it again he sleeps way more during the day, he can only stay awake 1-2 hrs ay a time depending on what he's doing.

Really? Wow we have two maybe three naps a day but not a great night sleeper

Yeah he has about 4 naps a day ranging from 30 mins to 2 hours usually but much shorter this last few days because he's miserable :( And usually while he wakes a lot at night up until this week he wasn't waking fully or waking upset and always falls back asleep in a minute or two. Before this week he was happily "sleeping" 8.30-8 before waking fully, with a good stretch until 11.30 or midnight. All changed now!!

He has now figured out he can grab my top and pull himself towards me in bed, mouth open, like some sort of booby seeking monster :O

That was how my first learned to roll....boobie!!!!!

Almost rolling from back to front here & sitting for a few seconds.
    No real interest in food yet.
    She is going through that 'adorable' screeching phase though, God she can reach pitches only dogs can hear!!!!

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Almost rolling from back to front here & sitting for a few seconds.
    No real interest in food yet.
    She is going through that 'adorable' screeching phase though, God she can reach pitches only dogs can hear!!!!

It's incredible isn't it - 3.30am was the best time to practice it in our house apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

The screaming is so funny! I had forgotten all about that. Just started weaning here, so far he loves carrots! Had a few bad nights sleep wise but back ok track night. He can sit for a few seconds and roll each side to tummy but not back the way yet. Time going way too fast! Hope all the mamas doing well too

I'm really tired again last few days, think it's still an iron issue :mad:

It's so hard to get O to laugh - she smiles until it looks like her face will crack in half but rarely rarely laughs :(

• Advertisement

I am hiding in my babies room while the kids are down stairs.....so tired

How come by five and a half month old is a perfectly average size for his age but cannot fit in some 6-9 month old clothes????

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Where is my sleeping baby gone?!!! Almost 6 months old so have accepted some weekend lecturing work when husband off however for last 2 weeks he wake about 20 times a night no joke! Not looking for anything and still so good during the day, no idea what has changed, he had been sleeping 8-6ish and not waking all. So very tired

26 weeks today & some boiled eggs & toast for breakfast. Loved the yolk, not too sure about the texture of the white :D

Haven't started food here yet. He was 6 months old a few days ago and is 19lbs, very happy to have made it to this breastfeeding milestone with much more ease than I thought I would! Planning Halloween and christening outfit at the moment :D

I'm really excited to start solids - 3 weeks to go! Is anybody else on the Irish blw page on fb? It seems a little strange to me as every day there's people asking can I give baby X y or z... Surely once it's not honey or whole nuts and doesn't have much salt or sugar in it fire away? There also seems to be an obsession with having dairy free babas. Maybe it's just me who finds it strange

I'm really excited to start solids - 3 weeks to go! Is anybody else on the Irish blw page on fb? It seems a little strange to me as every day there's people asking can I give baby X y or z... Surely once it's not honey or whole nuts and doesn't have much salt or sugar in it fire away? There also seems to be an obsession with having dairy free babas. Maybe it's just me who finds it strange

The whole point of BLW is they eat what you are eating, they can have everything you're having with the exception of honey & wholenuts & reduced sugar & salt as you say. Everything else is fair game.
    Little lady had salmon for dinner, not much being ingested but plenty of tasting:)

Loves food here, starting to make porridge with cows milk now we hit six months

bp wrote: »
    Loves food here, starting to make porridge with cows milk now we hit six months

I thought they weren't supposed to have cow's milk til 1 year old, no?

• Advertisement

I thought they weren't supposed to have cow's milk til 1 year old, no?

They can't have it as their main drink until one but its fine to use it for cooking/cereals etc from six months

Advertisement