Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Cow's milk is fine on cereals & when cooking from 6 months but just not as a drink as they should only be drinking breastmilk or formula. Cooled boiled water can also be given in a sippy cup from 6 months too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

In food they can (e.g. make porridge with a bit) well that is what my public health nurse said.

Not to drink obviously :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Cow's milk is fine on cereals & when cooking from 6 months but just not as a drink as they should only be drinking breastmilk or formula. Cooled boiled water can also be given in a sippy cup from 6 months too.

Unless you're in an area with a boil notice you don't need to boil the water once they're six months either :)

Unless you're in an area with a boil notice you don't need to boil the water once they're six months either :)

Really? Excellent

• Advertisement

I always era on the side of caution & use boiled water plus I usually have some leftover from making bottles. Then again I sterilise everything until they're one too so maybe I'm over cautious :)

I stop sterilizing around now with my first as they are putting everything in their mouths but boiled the kettle up to the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Poor guy is in awful form today. Between 6 month jabs, teeth, starting solids and the accompanying bowel changes (!), and then not feeding because he's fed up, not sleeping, he really is going through sone stuff at the moment :( Thank God for slings, he was crying worse than he ever has today and the sling was the only thing that cheered him up.

Poor babba

Hope you're both having a better day today spotty!

• Advertisement

I am, he isn't! Projectile vom at midnight, only happens after vaccinations it seems. 3 days of poo evacuated the baby while I was in town, the joys! He's a little bit warm and cried through what should be his two naps. He's sleeping now, I'm just going to try and finish work early and maybe go for a walk, that's his happy place.

Hope everyone else is well :)

We're grand except my little miss is in another leap and driving us mad fighting sleep with all her might. Had to go out for a walk with her in the sling the other night at 11pm as she was still awake and we'd started putting her to bed at 8!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

It's the worst development leap I think, we have just come out the far side and normal sleep is resuming and he can now sit up comfortably and he is making a huge effort to feed himself. Happened over night. I had erased it from my mind after my first it seems. Hope all the mamas are dealing well, Spotty I hope you are still bp free so am I thankfully

Trying to coax the bottle into ny little man, hoping it leads to a longer sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Does anybody do the dream feed? I'm wondering if that would help my man but I just can't think he would be hungry as we are a couple of weeks on solids and he is devouring that and his bottles, hopefully will pass!

I spoke to a sleep consultant today who told me to wean himself off the night feeds as he is only waking from habit

traineeacc wrote: »
    It's the worst development leap I think, we have just come out the far side and normal sleep is resuming and he can now sit up comfortably and he is making a huge effort to feed himself. Happened over night. I had erased it from my mind after my first it seems. Hope all the mamas are dealing well, Spotty I hope you are still bp free so am I thankfully

Good to know! I thought the big long one before it was annoying but this one takes the biscuit. "Only" 20 days left! I'm back to work on Monday - got a new job working two days a week really close to home (walking distance) so had to tell my boss two weeks before I was due to come back from maternity leave that I wasn't coming back. Felt a bit mean but it's done now

Traineeacc I haven't had it checked in months I'm assuming it's ok, glad yours is :)

This guy wakes every 2ish hours all night, I'm used to it now. Seems young to be told to wean night feeds because of it being habit?

He seems to be over the worst of the vaccine reaction now thank god. Couldn't have coped without sling!

My first still took a bottle at night until he was 6.5 months old, I just followed his lead for when he wanted to drop that bottle. I weaned him at 17 weeks as advised at the time so he was getting 3 meals a day at the same time.
    This time round this little lady has slept 12 hrs since about 4.5 months, some nights she has only taken 4oz before bed but still slept through & I waited for 6 months to wean her. Ironically she's turned out to be a bigger baby.
    Just goes to show you how different babies are even in the same family. I personally think you should just follow babies lead & your gut & feed as much or little as they want.

Because he was on bottles at night we could see how little he was taking (an ounce or less) so it wasn't hunger waking him. we will wean over the next few nights. I honestly couldn't cope with a 2.5 year old who didn't nap when so tired from lack of sleep and a baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Our little fella had just got his top two teeth and he's started grinding them off his bottom two! The noise is driving me insane! Like nails on a blackboard.....argh!

Our little fella had just got his top two teeth and he's started grinding them off his bottom two! The noise is driving me insane! Like nails on a blackboard.....argh!

I've just spotted the corner of a bottom tooth in my girls mouth, felt like she was never gonna get any:D
    My son used to do that grinding too, I hated it!! Luckily he grew out of it fairly quickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I've just spotted the corner of a bottom tooth in my girls mouth, felt like she was never gonna get any:D
    My son used to do that grinding too, I hated it!! Luckily he grew out of it fairly quickly :)

I'm hoping it's just a novelty at the moment.....fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Still tips of teeth here, I wish they would appear!

Well night weaning complete and he only woke once last night at 10.30 and slept through until 6....I will be a new woman soon! The sleep consultant was pricy but I used the money I saved for new clothes and it was worth it!

That's great bp! Fingers crossed he keeps it up now. Our April baby used to work at 8, that's gradually worked its way back to 6.30 - I'm not very happy with this development!

If it makes you feel any better angeldelight my boy still wakes every 1-2 hours, all night every night. Naps have gone from 1-1.5 hours to 20-40 mins. I am so tired!

If it makes you feel any better angeldelight my boy still wakes every 1-2 hours, all night every night. Naps have gone from 1-1.5 hours to 20-40 mins. I am so tired!

Oh no :-(

My biggest error was not putting baby down early enough - an hour and a half - two hours after waking.

Yeah he can never stay awake longer than 1-2 hours but now he can wake up with a jolt or crying 15 minutes later and can't get back to sleep. He reminds me of Dougal in Father Ted, hopping up for a new morning after the lights just being turned off and on :D

• Advertisement

Sick baba here, her little voice is gone so you can bearly hear when she cries :(
    She has a cough & is bunged up too so she's not napping great during the day as she just wants to be in my arms. Thankfully she slept for 13.5hrs last night, I think she was just exhausted by the time I put her to bed.

Advertisement