Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ah no that's horrible :(

My little miss is coming home exhausted from my parents house the days I'm in work. I don't know if she's just freaked out so she's not sleeping or they're not putting her down enough or what

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Poor babbas:( if my little man's teeth don't come soon I will pull my hair out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

How long are you back to work Angel, could she just be adjusting to the new schedule?

We have 2 bottom teeth almost full up, they don't seem to causing her too much, though her bun is a bit sore but I dunno if that's from being sick or her teeth.
    I put her down for a nap yesterday at 1 & had to wake her at 4:30, then she slept from 7pm-8am. Normally I'd love that but it's a bit unnerving when she's sick. Thankfully she seems a bit better today, sleep must have done her good:)

She must have needed the rest! Still no teeth through here, gallons of drool though. 26 weeks today - she's so big!

I'm only back two weeks and am only working two days a week so it's all still very new to her. I'm not sure that her tired signs are being noticed though, need to have a conversation without sounding like I'm blaming them. Also doesn't help that her new wakeup time is 6 so she needs a nap before 8, it's making mornings tricky

Anyone else's baby love being naked??
    Herself starts kicking off just bed at 6pm so we strip her down to her nappy & hey presto she goes from a cranky baby to a smiley happy baby:D

• Advertisement

So did we dress our babies up?

bp wrote: »
    So did we dress our babies up?

We'd had a teddy bear here :)

A very scary ghost!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

A ferocious lion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Dinosaur here :-) not a clue what was going on

So how go our 7 month olds? Any teeth, sitting, crawling (for advanced babies!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

No teeth, bit of sitting, no crawling but is mostly only happy when we hold him up standing. He seems to think if his mean parents would just fecking let go he could walk :D Doing great with eating, eats whatever we do no bother. Still wakes every 2 hours all night!

Two teeth and happily sitting.

Sleep is hit and miss as each tooth takes a week of screaming then a reprieve of a few nights 7pm-5.30am then it starts again

Still just the 2 bottom teeth here, she can sit but not unaided for v.long.
    Have a pic of my son at her age standing at the patio door staring out, herself is nowhere near standing!
    Eating has just started to click, she's getting as much food in her mouth as she is on the floor now, loves a pork chop or piece of steak, sucks them dry :D
    Have her 7 month check in 2 weeks, her weight has plateaued in the last while (17lbs) & she hasn't put anything on in the last month so I'm hoping I don't get pressurised to spoon feed her as she is happy & healthy & loving feeding herself. She is more active now so that could have contributed to her weight gain stalling.

Not seven months yet, think she's the youngest of the group. Sitting is great - she can last a good while but then topples with gusto. Eating is ok - not swallowing much and a bit of gagging so I'm on the edge of my seat at mealtimes. She's got as nosey too - used to be great standing but now is too busy trying to look around her to try at all. We moved her into her own room when she turned six months and it doesn't seem to have impacted her at all, no change in her sleeping.

What's Santy bringing?

Ms2011 my guy is the same weight now as he was 6 weeks ago, well, he was 20lbs then and is 20.25 as of today. That's with eating quite a bit (I think), they're obviously just burning more energy with their antics!

Santa is bringing a personalised book, a fab pull along lobster I spotted on the bargains thread here for €7, and a beautiful keepsake Christmas tree ornament :) Going to see Santa in a couple of weeks, clearly for our sake not his!

It's a good thing he's cute because nearly 8 months of waking every 2 hours and back, arm, knee, everything pain from lifting the heavy fecker are not so cute!

It's a good thing he's cute because nearly 8 months of waking every 2 hours and back, arm, knee, everything pain from lifting the heavy fecker are not so cute!

You poor thing :-( the sleep expert helped us but still hit and miss, especially with the teeth coming.

They are cute though!

He slept....for the ENTIRE night.....in shock!

• Advertisement

He slept....for the ENTIRE night.....in shock!

Yay!! You must feel like a new person today :)

Yay!! You must feel like a new person today :)

Had to do a double take when I heard him wake...convinced it was 3am not 6.30 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Wow bp that's brilliant. Hopefully he will keep it up now.
    My lb seems to have little interest in sleep at the moment. If you don't mind me asking do you think the sleep expert was worth it? Did you have to do the cry it out method? Thanks.

Blingy wrote: »
    Wow bp that's brilliant. Hopefully he will keep it up now.
    My lb seems to have little interest in sleep at the moment. If you don't mind me asking do you think the sleep expert was worth it? Did you have to do the cry it out method? Thanks.

Absolutely worth it. No you don't cry it out but there was crying at the start but you are literally beside the cot sushing and rubbing but you are encouraged to pick them if if very upset but put back down when calm. Saw immediate results (within days).

Now don't get me wrong we have had about 10 full nights no wake up in a month but going from waking 5-6 times a night to just once was brilliant. About half wake up nights required us to go in the other half just chatted and put self back to sleep.

By waking once it is usually after 5am where you are encouraged to try leave them in bed until at least 6am (some bad nights still -2am - but they are few and far between now)

Teething, learning to roll and sit all affected sleep but he is a happier baby and happier family now too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Absolutely worth it. No you don't cry it out but there was crying at the start but you are literally beside the cot sushing and rubbing but you are encouraged to pick them if if very upset but put back down when calm. Saw immediate results (within days).

Now don't get me wrong we have had about 10 full nights no wake up in a month but going from waking 5-6 times a night to just once was brilliant. About half wake up nights required us to go in the other half just chatted and put self back to sleep.

By waking once it is usually after 5am where you are encouraged to try leave them in bed until at least 6am (some bad nights still -2am - but they are few and far between now)

Teething, learning to roll and sit all affected sleep but he is a happier baby and happier family now too

Thank you That sounds amazing!!! I'll definitely have to think strongly about it!

Ah that's brilliant bp, you must feel like a new person ☺

My little lady rolled over from back to front for the first time today, can't get back on her back though so gets a bit frustrated & you have to roll her back over.

Ms2011 wrote: »
    My little lady rolled over from back to front for the first time today, can't get back on her back though so gets a bit frustrated & you have to roll her back over.

Yeah its funny when they are beached!!! Attempting to move forward here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote: »
    So my little one has just turned 7 months, I think she might be the youngest of the April babies on here..

She is such a lovely baby, is sleeping through the night most of the time, is good to occupy herself when needed, and is almost sitting unaided.

However, from the word go, I felt as though I didn't want her. I've loved her & cared for her & tried to be the best mother I can be, but this week I've broken down. All the feelings I'm feeling about my own inadequacy, and that I'm not a good mother came to the fore so I finally spoke to my GP about it.

She was fantastic. So understanding. In her opinion, I'm suffering from Post Natal Depression but because I couldn't deal with my feelings until now, my situation is more intensified.

She started me on antidepressants & has referred me to a psychologist.

I'm not through the worst of this yet, but for the first time in 7 months, I'm starting to see that there could possibly be light at the end of this dark tunnel.
    I'm scared about the next few weeks & months, but I'm going to try.

Sorry for the long post...

I'm sorry you've been feeling like that! Great that your GP is a good one - fingers crossed you'll start to feel better soon xx

• Advertisement

Ah baby4 sorry to hear you felt like that, but you are taking the right steps.

I think I had a touch with my second as the feelings were very slow to come (resulting in awful guilt) but they did come slowly in the end.

There is a PND thread here (8 out of 10 cats.... I will look for the link). It is a good link and shows you are not alone x

Advertisement