Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling transfers/rumours 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

Not sure how Viviani would fit it at Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I often wonder if any of them are aware of any of the others who are signing to the same tea at the same time? I know that certain expectations may be built into contracts before signing, but it could turn what seemed like a great decision into a far less good one if you find your theoretical position in the team is actually already filled............?

I dont think it would happen in footie..?

Oh and on the other side of it FDJ have benched Bouhanni for the rest of the season for an interview in L'Equipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    I often wonder if any of them are aware of any of the others who are signing to the same tea at the same time? I know that certain expectations may be built into contracts before signing, but it could turn what seemed like a great decision into a far less good one if you find your theoretical position in the team is actually already filled............?

I dont think it would happen in footie..?

I wondered this as well ....I imagine a team 'big up' a rider they want to sign and say things like 'we can bring out your potential, help you win , etc' but how they can promise all this when some wil have to fallin to line and support riders that bit stronger who may have signed without theri knowledge....tough business cycling...you are support and competition all in one

Junior wrote: »
    Oh and on the other side of it FDJ have benched Bouhanni for the rest of the season for an interview in L'Equipe.

So what he say then ...or ahve you a link ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

MPFG wrote: »

Article on cyclingnews earlier on it:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fdj-sidelines-bouhanni-in-response-to-french-interview

No link. Interview was in last Saturday's paper.

Seems now the rumour is Konig is going to Katusha and will lead in the Tour with J-Rod to lead Giro/Vuelta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

Seems now the rumour is Konig is going to Katusha and will lead in the Tour with J-Rod to lead Giro/Vuelta

He's a great rider and definitely deserves the backing of a strong team. Dani Moreno hasn't lived up to expectations for Katusha this year and J Rod is getting on in years so they need to think about the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

NetApp-Endura have done remarkably well to keep König for so long.

• Advertisement

Goss to MTN this morning confirmed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Goss to MTN this morning confirmed.

No way! He seemed to fit well in OGE. From the little I know anyway. Good luck to him there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Still no announcement on Nico yet. I read somewhere that Martin is out of contract this season. Am I wrong, or is it just a given that he will be with Garmin next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I read somewhere that Martin is out of contract this season. Am I wrong?
    Yes. He has at least a year left to run on his deal, possibly two.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Yes. He has at least a year left to run on his deal, possibly two.

I googled this, and any article I can find said he signed a deal to the end of 2014, with nothing since

Dan Martin has extended at Garmin/Cannondale (or whaever they are called)...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

New UCI rules mean we will not be seeing any more mid-season transfers like Rohan Dennis's. Rules only apply to World Tour and Pro Conti.

Ben Swift has signed a new two-year contract with Sky.
    http://www.teamsky.com/article/0,27290,17546_9477716,00.html

No seat for papa Horner at Lampre next year?

According to #Gazzetta's sources, there won't be chris horner in roster of @lampre_merida for 2015

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

According to #Gazzetta's sources, there won't be chris horner in roster of @lampre_merida for 2015

Hasn't been a million bucks well spent by Lampre. Once bitten twice shy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Fcuk the loss

Hasn't been a million bucks well spent by Lampre. Once bitten twice shy.

I didn't think they paid him that kind of money

I thought he got a smallish salary with bonus promises based on results

Mind you he is so injury & crash prone that he is a very bad investment ....maybe he should just ride the States if he wants to keep going

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

De Gendt of to lotto. hasn't really done much since his Giro podium few years back http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/de-gendt-signs-two-year-deal-with-lotto-belisol

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    De Gendt of to lotto. hasn't really done much since his Giro podium few years back http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/de-gendt-signs-two-year-deal-with-lotto-belisol

That's a good signing for Lotto - Belisol Soudal. They have always been understrength in the GC department.Hopefully De Gendt can recover his form.

Dr. Bre wrote: »

I think he got burnt badly when Vacansoliel went under, OPQS signed him on a 1 year only and I think it was a last minute deal so maybe he didn't really fit in.

Johan Vansummeren to AG2R,
    Winner Anacona to Movistar.

A list of ins, outs and contract renewals so far: linky.

Update - Confirmed Andy Fenn, Leopold Konig, Nicholas Roche, Lars Petter Nordhaug and Wout Poels all with Sky.

At long last! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Update - Confirmed Andy Fenn, Leopold Konig, Nicholas Roche, Lars Petter Nordhaug and Wout Poels all with Sky.

Super sad face

Advertisement