Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling transfers/rumours 2014

Options
  • 01-08-2014 2:40pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There'll probably be a lot of them, so thought I'd make a thread :)

We might as well keep the Nico transfer talk in his own thread.

As if Astana weren't strong enough already, they're now building themselves an even more impressive squad for the classics season. Lars Boom, LL Sanchez, Davide Malacarne, and Diego Rosa have all signed up. Sanchez and Rosa can provide even more support for Nibali and Aru in upcoming GTs.

Bouhanni's now moved to Cofidis, after his fairly shoddy treatment at times at FDJ. Hugely talented rider, hope he gets the support he deserves at what is otherwise still a fairly weak squad.

BMC, IAM cycling and MTN Qhubeka expected to make big moves for the 2015 season.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Oleg tweeting he'll sign Sagan if he gets 1000 retweets. At 1600 now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Sagan was signed at least 2 weeks ago I imagine during the TDF. Sagan was pictured leaving the Saxo team bus smiling. Oleg is just having some fun now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

logik wrote: »
    Sagan was signed at least 2 weeks ago I imagine during the TDF. Sagan was pictured leaving the Saxo team bus smiling. Oleg is just having some fun now.

I know that. Oleg is just getting the post TdF ego boost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

I hear that Raam is going to Orwell.

godtabh wrote: »
    I know that. Oleg is just getting the post TdF ego boost

Oleg is some mouth piece on twitter alright.

• Advertisement

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I hear that Raam is going to Orwell.

Does that mean I'm out?

If Sagan leaves Cannondale will there be a change of focus from stage wins to GC?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Does that mean I'm out?

If Sagan leaves Cannondale will there be a change of focus from stage wins to GC?

I would guess they'll be trying to shift Basso too, which would free up a good salary for one of the BMC off-loads? Pure speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭highbury1913

Weren't Cannondale and Garmin linked with a merger a few weeks back?

On transfer rumours, Brailsford has said he's interested in Warren Barguil.

Weren't Cannondale and Garmin linked with a merger a few weeks back?

On transfer rumours, Brailsford has said he's interested in Warren Barguil.

Yes, Cannondale as supposed to be moving their sponsorship elsewhere which could mean the end of Cannondale as we know it.

I would guess they'll be trying to shift Basso too, which would free up a good salary for one of the BMC off-loads? Pure speculation.

I was asking in relation to Basso. If Sagan leaves it would appear they would be more setup for him as a GC rider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Does that mean I'm out?

Yeah. Emerald CC for you I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Lars Boom gone to Astana instead of the expected move to Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

Cannondale will be gone, Cervelo are now sponsoring MTN Qheubka, so Cannondale to Garmin Sharp for next year looks most likely.

De Marchi is off to BMC.

Bouhanni and a load of FDJ are off to Cofidis.

There's a load being released from BMC

Mollema to either Trek or Sky.

Oddly Rohan Dennis will ride Vuelta for BMC.

Oh and in Irish related news Gavin Mannion (His dad is Irish) signs as a stagaire for Garmin.

Brian Smith has signed on for manager of MTN and they are looking for some bigger names - EBH isn't overly enamoured with dropping a level and his contract is allegedly a cool 1 Million Euro a year.

Junior wrote: »
    Cannondale will be gone, Cervelo are now sponsoring MTN Qheubka, so Cannondale to Garmin Sharp for next year looks most likely.

De Marchi is off to BMC.

Bouhanni and a load of FDJ are off to Cofidis.

There's a load being released from BMC

Mollema to either Trek or Sky.

Oddly Rohan Dennis will ride Vuelta for BMC.

Oh and in Irish related news Gavin Mannion (His dad is Irish) signs as a stagaire for Garmin.

Brian Smith has signed on for manager of MTN and they are looking for some bigger names - EBH isn't overly enamoured with dropping a level and his contract is allegedly a cool 1 Million Euro a year.

A lot going on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

EBH isn't overly enamoured with dropping a level and his contract is allegedly a cool 1 Million Euro a year.

Fcuk me..Eddy Boss is getting a million a year at Sky? No way has he returned anything like that sort of investment......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Yeah, Rohan Dennis gone to BMC is confirmed. That's a collector's item, a mid-season transfer in cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Tinkoff has just tweeted he's signed Wiggo and Ignatiev. But he might just be drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

drogdub wrote: »
    Tinkoff has just tweeted he's signed Wiggo and Ignatiev. But he might just be drunk

Appears he maybe drunk, apparently Froome tried to stop him because he and his wife are against Wiggins career progression

I think he is most definitely taking the piss :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

drogdub wrote: »
    Appears he maybe drunk, apparently Froome tried to stop him because he and his wife are against Wiggins career progression

Definitely pissed, also tweeted he was forcing Wiggo to shave off his whiskers, as well as some gibberish about the queen wanting his head... among other rubbish :D

• Advertisement

ANd saying NIco wanted €2m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

ANd saying NIco wanted €2m

His account was hacked, no way Nico would be asking for that much.

His account was hacked, no way Nico would be asking for that much.

I think he just sobered up, no way he was actually hacked!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

Hacked by alcohol and stupidity mainly I would say.

BMC have signed De Marchi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Hacked by alcohol and stupidity mainly I would say.

Stupidity???? Mmmmhhhh who's the billionaire him or you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Stupidity???? Mmmmhhhh who's the billionaire him or you?

There is no correlation between intelligence and money. Oleg Tinkoff is one of the stupidest people I have come across in the media. And as I don't know him personally all I have to go on is what he puts out there. The man's a champion idiot.

gadetra wrote: »
    There is no correlation between intelligence and money. Oleg Tinkoff is one of the stupidest people I have come across in the media. And as I don't know him personally all I have to go on is what he puts out there. The man's a champion idiot.

Attention seeker and publicity mad but he's anything but stupid

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Attention seeker and publicity mad but he's anything but stupid

The homophobia, sexism and racism prove his stupidity and ignorance. He might be a cute hoor, an operator, but intelligent he most definitely isn't. From what he puts out there anyway. He might be pious, nun like and modest in real life. From the level of tripe he comes out with I suspect not though. I am not a fan!

• Advertisement

gadetra wrote: »
    The homophobia, sexism and racism prove his stupidity and ignorance. He might be a cute hoor, an operator, but intelligent he most definitely isn't. From what he puts out there anyway. He might be pious, nun like and modest in real life. From the level of tripe he comes out with I suspect not though. I am not a fan!

He is a happily married family man who's never been charged with any of the issues you accuse him of.

Advertisement