Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling transfers/rumours 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

He is a happily married family man who's never been charged with any of the issues you accuse him of.

Doesn't mean he hadn't done them. Check out some of his tweets.

Either way Thinkoff haven't made any announcements re contracts yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jurassic Cyclist 24

Is Bradley Wiggans leaving team sky after his drop from the tour de france?????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I heard he signed for another year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Is Bradley Wiggans leaving team sky after his drop from the tour de france?????

Didn't he say he was staying for another year?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

He is a happily married family man who's never been charged with any of the issues you accuse him of.

Have a look over his twitter account. You will find all of the issues within. Thread on it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90646388

I thought Wiggins was concentrating on track from this year? And that he has no love for road anymore? I may have jumped the gun on that one.

• Advertisement

gadetra wrote: »
    Have a look over his twitter account. You will find all of the issues within. Thread on it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90646388

I thought Wiggins was concentrating on track from this year? And that he has no love for road anymore? I may have jumped the gun on that one.

He is aiming for 2016. I'd say he'll do 6-9 months on the road next season and focus on the track

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

Mollema to Trek on a two year deal confirmed this morning. Damian Caruso to BMC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

There are rumours that Carlos Betancur (AG2R) is to join his fellow countryman Rigoberto Uran at Omega Pharma-QuickStep.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/transfers-betancur-to-omega-pharma-quickstep

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

There are rumours that Carlos Betancur (AG2R) is to join his fellow countryman Rigoberto Uran at Omega Pharma-QuickStep.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/transfers-betancur-to-omega-pharma-quickstep

Great move for all parties. Really hope it goes through

Sagan to Tinkoff announced today as a three year deal. Meh.

http://www.tinkoffsaxo.com/news/tinkoff-saxo-signs-peter-sagan/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yeah, damn that mad man Oleg.

Junior wrote: »
    Sagan to Tinkoff announced today as a three year deal. Meh.

http://www.tinkoffsaxo.com/news/tinkoff-saxo-signs-peter-sagan/

That's been coming for a while.

I wonder how Bertie and Sagan will get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

godtabh wrote: »
    That's been coming for a while.

I wonder how Bertie and Sagan will get on?
    Very well I imagine given that they won't be competing for anything. Sagan doesn't really need any helpers to win green jerseys and Contador doesn't do the classics.

Very well I imagine given that they won't be competing for anything. Sagan doesn't really need any helpers to win green jerseys and Contador doesn't do the classics.

But if Sagan is hunting green jerseys he won't be helping Bertie

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I don't think anyone will expect him to be working for Contador.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'd imagine they'll announce a few more signings soon. They'll have a classics squad and a grand tour squad. Build around both Bertie and Sagan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

godtabh wrote: »
    But if Sagan is hunting green jerseys he won't be helping Bertie

They don't need or want him to help Bertie though. Oleg's big problem coming toward the business end of the tour was no logo on the podium. That's why they concentrated so heavily on Majka to get the polka dot's so they would have their podium finish. Signing Sagan he's pretty much nailed on a podium for next year and also some good results and publicity between now and then. Lets be honest. Sagan and Oleg is a match made in commercial/publicity heaven!

Wiggo by all accounts is staying with Sky for the year

Tinkoff have brought Bennatti to the Tour for the last two years - who's a capable sprinter, he did a lot of minding on Contador last year and was one of the ones instrumental in the split on stage 13 when the echelons formed. You can see how frustrated Sagan was this year not to win a single stage. He has a long way to go as well before he's going to win an early season monument. Sure he might nail MSR, but Flanders, Roubaix I don't think he's there yet, his bike position isn't good, and dare I say it he hasn't the power of Cancellara or Boonen, and neither does he have the brains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Junior wrote: »
    Tinkoff have brought Bennatti to the Tour for the last two years - who's a capable sprinter, he did a lot of minding on Contador last year and was one of the ones instrumental in the split on stage 13 when the echelons formed. You can see how frustrated Sagan was this year not to win a single stage. He has a long way to go as well before he's going to win an early season monument. Sure he might nail MSR, but Flanders, Roubaix I don't think he's there yet, his bike position isn't good, and dare I say it he hasn't the power of Cancellara or Boonen, and neither does he have the brains.

If he doesn't win PR or Flanders Tinkoff will go ballistic on Twitter...he has given him a very big salary ...bigger than Bertie .....Tinkoff will not tolerate no BIG wins esp on cobbles

As it is I feel he is very frustrated with Contador....seemed to imply his crash was his fault for not being more careful
    expected Kreuziger to win Amstel Gold & LBL and wasn't happy that he didn't

Said the Tour wasn't a success despite 3 stage wins and KOM jersey....the man is very demanding as he pays the bills

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭buffalo

If Sagan is going with Oleg, who is Alonso going to have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,102 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

buffalo wrote: »

I hear Andy Schleck is free...

buffalo wrote: »

Contador I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Whats the story with Roche. Is he staying at tinkoff or leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    Whats the story with Roche. Is he staying at tinkoff or leaving?

Probably leaving although nothing has actually been announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Eddie Boasson Hagen is leaving Sky at the end of the year.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/edvald-boasson-hagen-to-leave-team-sky
    "It is important to find a team I think I can get [my own] opportunities and to try for my own chances," he said. "A good support system, equipment and riders are also important. There must be a project I believe in."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Basso's gone to Tinkoff. On their twitter this morning

neris wrote: »

Rogers also signed a 2 year extension

neris wrote: »

I just don't understand this. IMO he is well past his best.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

He's been bought as a domestique, not a GC contender.

• Advertisement

He's been bought as a domestique, not a GC contender.

Ohh I know that but even still think he doesn't have the legs anymore to even do that properly. Super domestiques work far harder than GC candidates.

Advertisement