Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy rain with embedded thunderstorms & flash flood risk - South, East - Aug 1-3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Heaviest rain now since early morning. 40.0mm so far for the day.

Dublin airport has seen 58mm in 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Been pretty much incessant in Greystones since lunchtime, in addition to very heavy overnight rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

40mm in the gauge here in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Rainfall area on the radar visibly shrinking, though still raining here for another hour or two from the looks of it. Not a day to be outside, roads are deserted!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Clearing up nicely here now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

60mm here in North Kildare since midnight. Most I've had on this station in a 24hr period.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dub56

71.8 mm here in Firhouse South Dublin since midnight, thats almost 3 inches in "old money" and the max rain rate
    was 66.6 mm /hour at 7.19 am, now thats devilish !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dub56

71.8 mm here in Firhouse South Dublin since midnight, thats almost 3 inches in "old money" and the max rain rate
    was 66.6 mm /hour at 7.19 am, now thats devilish !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Jaysus some rain here today :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Just 10.6mm since midnight here. In fairness to met eireann they got their numbers fairly right but i always thought including Waterford in the warning was not warranted. Hence my ballpark prediction of 15 to 20mm from last night not too far out.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

AA Roadwatch reporting that M1 southbound is closed between J4 Donabate and J2 Dublin Airport due to flooding. Was out driving myself around 8:30pm and conditions were very bad and still deteriorating. It's a night to be staying in people!

Just 10.6mm since midnight here. In fairness to met eireann they got their numbers fairly right but i always thought including Waterford in the warning was not warranted. Hence my ballpark prediction of 15 to 20mm from last night not too far out.

www.waterfordcityweather.com
    Can't blame them for erring on the side of caution for somewhere only 10s of km away from the "epicentre".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Is this on a par with October 2011? Just looking at the rainfall figures posted, and its still monsoon out since I last posted 3 hours ago! The rainfall radar has had Dublin at the epicentre of this all eve!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Nice sting in the tail for the west - http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Edit: it looks to be breaking up a bit over Galway.

Wettest day on record for my station here in Naas installed in 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

lolo62 wrote: »
    Is there some hope for tomorrow eve(Sunday)? I have a fridge full of bbq meats and the family coming.
    I'm in inchicore...

Just make a soup instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Have to drive into Dublin from Athlone round 3 am. Any problems known en route?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Still tipping here in North Dub, would be some flooding if the ground wasn't very dry. Amazing how these things alway pretty much equal themselves out. Thank god for our Climate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Weather has picked up big time in Castlebar, gone from being calm all day to very stormy and torrential rain in a matter of minutes.

4E85F39AE584402BA8527807F7D5BB63-0000334566-0003619080-00800L-E4800F4E550C45F6AE5170DA87ED2470.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Was meant to be driving from Dublin to Westmeath tomorrow around midday. Should I postpone it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 oi softlad

Was meant to be driving from Dublin to Westmeath tomorrow around midday. Should I postpone it?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

oi softlad wrote: »
    No

Will it clear by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Will it clear by then?

It's a bit of rain and you'll be fine so long as you take it handy and your car's tyres are legal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Am I the only one that loves the first wintery night of the year?

(Yes probably!)

Very windy and wet in North Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Xenji wrote: »
    Weather has picked up big time in Castlebar, gone from being calm all day to very stormy and torrential rain in a matter of minutes.

We had a few showers in Achill around 8.30pm but since then it has been dry and windy.

Really can't believe we're missing all the rain-not that I'm complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Thats it, guage can take no more, 5 inches has been reached........still raining to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Meh spoke too soon, rain has arrived.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still raining here in Dublin this morning. Looking at radar, and the position of that low, there could rain on and off for quite a while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Ah, now I see why MT name-checked Bray in particular yesterday. The circulation still arcing across the country is still aimed directly at Bray. :D

That said, after yesterday evening the Dublin Mountains have soaked up the bulk of it before it got to us. Sporadic rain since yesterday evening as opposed to constant as it would look on rain today unless one zoomed in.

We needed it though tbh. Most rain since mid June has missed us or been not worth a damn by the time it got to us, even the big storm a few weeks ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement