Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy rain with embedded thunderstorms & flash flood risk - South, East - Aug 1-3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain a good deal lighter in the last hour. 29.0mm so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Penname

30mm since midnight here in Kilcock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Rain a good deal lighter in the last hour. 29.0mm so far.

Suns out near Arklow.
    Just 27.2mm here,nothing exceptional .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Bad morning in dublin with darts and buses canceled

TRAVEL

Irish Rail DART services are only operating between Lansdowne Rd and Malahide/Howth due to flooding.

For full details of all diversion on Dublin Bus Routes due to poor weather conditions click here.

MAIN TRAFFIC

Flooding has been reported in the Santry, Swords and Malahide areas. 

A section of theBallymun Rd(R108) between Collins Ave and St. Pappin Rd is closed due to flooding. 

Flooding also to contend with onSantry Laneand as a result Dublin Bus are unable to serve the Santry Village or Beaumont areas.  

Achill Rd near Drumcondra is impassable.

In Dalkey, Gardai are advising motorists to avoid Barnhill Rd. 

On the M1 Belfast/ Dublin Rd, a crash has been cleared before J2 Dublin Airport but excess surface water has been reported along the route between J4 Lissenhall and J2 so take care. 

No delays to report on the M50 in either direction.

No major problems for the city centre traffic at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well this wasn't forecast for lovely Leitrim. Started raining at about 6 yesterday early evening. I went to bed at 2am and it was still lashing. Still raining this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rain has eased to a light drizzle now. 30.4mm so far today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well that was a not very damp squid (east Waterford) - no weather station myself but the overnight rain clearly was not sustained or heavy as judged by the complete lack of standing water, mixed skies overhead and windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭FunkyDa2

Not a comment on the current weather system, and maybe it should be in the "infrastructure" forum...but I see a swale under construction in Finglas(North Dublin) to accommodate flood events, in an area which has flooded and caused property damage twice in the last 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rain has lightened a bit since this morning, but its still persistant, gauge has gone past 35mm since 10 last night.

North East Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Meteoalarm has Ireland in the mix for a change -

"25-40mm of rain has accumulated in places up to 6.00am today, Saturday 2nd August. A further 40-60mm of rain is likely to fall in many areas up to 6.00am Sunday 3rd August."

Doesn't appear to be causing any problems yet.

http://www.meteoalarm.eu/en_UK/0/0/IE-Ireland.html

The multi-layer cloud cover is interesting over Ireland at the moment

http://sat24.com/en/gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭pad199207

Drying out here in Naas. Totals here at 19mm so nothing to write home about.
    Rain doesnt seem to be going anywhere fast in other parts though!

Doesn't appear to be causing any problems yet.

http://www.thejournal.ie/weather-flooding-saturday-1601897-Aug2014/

Drizzle for the last hour or so, back to light rain now, 31.0mm since 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Impressive figures for here today, 56.6mm rain since midnight with a nice 116mm/hr rainfall rate around 07:54, my highest daily total in three years recoding here and my second highest rain rate.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Supercell wrote: »
    Impressive figures for here today, 56.6mm rain since midnight with a nice 116mm/hr rainfall rate around 07:54, my highest daily total in three years recoding here and my second highest rain rate.

Yeah the variation along the East coast is massive.
    Essentially no rain near Arklow 30 miles down the road since earlier and its bright.
    Total 27.4mm
    Certainly relentless in parts but not here

Sun has managed to come out in Kildare. Wasnt expecting that tbh

14c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Looking at the radar is this rain now moving to the West in a circular motion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I can see the edge of it sneaking west towards me here in East Galway.

Just realised I missed the premier of Sharnado 2 last night, gutted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

How long before it leaves Dublin?
    . I need a few hours to dry the wall before I paint it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

How long before it leaves Dublin?
    . I need a few hours to dry the wall before I paint it.

I wouldn't be painting anything outside today.

Some blue skies here now. the higher level clouds are moving northwards , while the lower clouds are moving southwards. weird looking at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Lashing down here in south west Laois and going by the radar not moving away for a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rain has lightened a bit since this morning, but its still persistant, gauge has gone past 35mm since 10 last night.

North East Meath.

56mm but at least its stopped and has become quite breezy

Unreal rain in Galway now roads flooded in a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

I wouldn't be painting anything outside today.

We haven't had a drop if rain here in Dublin Northside in the last hour or so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

No rain hereabouts (Durrus) for the past 18 hours or so. Sun is splitting the rocks and I'm heading out to cut my grass shortly!

Rain has arrived in Galway, thought we were in for a nice day here

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

seeing as no one is posting pics or videos here are 2 from last thursday in Doon,
    i done think i've seen these posted here

hope they work if not click on title

• Registered Users Posts: 4,642 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Savage fall of rain last night. A good few years since I saw anything like that.

Rain has returned here now in Naas

Not Heavy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

Absolutely bucketing rain on coast road east of Gorey, only started around 11 this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement