Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome New Members/Old Members - Introduce yourself here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

ganmo wrote: »
    bitta fencing to do up this way, down a 60 degree slope and up again. ya in? :cool:

Sure Ganmo he'd be away home to sit in the kitchen drinking tae the first time the crowbar hit a stone. Those young boys have no stamina. He can't even fence his own place without heading off on some excuse about neighbour needing silage cut out. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Sure Ganmo he'd be away home to sit in the kitchen drinking tae the first time the crowbar hit a stone. Those young boys have no stamina. He can't even fence his own place without heading off on some excuse about neighbour needing silage cut out. 😀

A crowbar ?? I wouldn't even know what they are :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

davidk1394 wrote: »
    studying Land Management

Welcome aboard and you can probably educate us as much as the other way around! Tell us, what involved in the studies? Is it agri focused, or more planning related, or something else entirely?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

just do it wrote: »
    Welcome aboard and you can probably educate us as much as the other way around! Tell us, what involved in the studies? Is it agri focused, or more planning related, or something else entirely?

Its a bit of everything ! Science, soils,accounting, feed and nutrition, and then the different agri industries themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 17 smiththeglen

Hi all been reading the forum for a spell. Not farming myself but work away on the home place as well as the girlfriends parents farm. Don't see too many kerrymen on here and definitely nobody as far south as me so said I'd finally join.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Hi all been reading the forum for a spell. Not farming myself but work away on the home place as well as the girlfriends parents farm. Don't see too many kerrymen on here and definitely nobody as far south as me so said I'd finally join.

There are a handful of us a bit further south than you. West Cork men
    Welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cistern

new to boards. come from Kerry, help my father on his dairy and bit of beef I help out as much as I can, I recently completed my leaving cert so I have more time to devote to farming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Hi Cistern, we're flushed with excitment about new members!
    Welcome aboard. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Hi Cistern, we're flushed with excitment about new members!
    Welcome aboard. :D

Oh nek...that was crappy

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Lads lads :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

well lets hope his ballcock is working fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Ah lads, the puns are shïte. Ye should take a U-bend... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Looks like Have2flushtwice has a new friend:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Toby12345

Hello all,

Meath man myself. Dairy and beef mainly. Have a horse too but that just costs money ! No expert at this, just learning the ropes. A lot of good info to be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,149 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Toby12345 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Meath man myself. Dairy and beef mainly. Have a horse too but that just costs money ! No expert at this, just learning the ropes. A lot of good info to be found.
    Welcome Toby, nice to see another representative from Leinster :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Great to see another man form the Royal county! Welcome aboard!

Great to see another man form the Royal county! Welcome aboard!

Breeding like rabbits ye are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Reggie. wrote: »
    Breeding like rabbits ye are :D

They might be breeding like rabbits but they are out of the championship this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

They might be breeding like rabbits but they are out of the championship this year.

I just snorted eggs :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MrMuscles96

Am I the youngest here :P ? 19 years old from the west coast! From a small drystock farm in Mayo. 50 odd Texel x ewes lambing mid march selling in the back end. 6 spring calving sucklers cows selling the calves as stores at 12-13 months. Just finished drystock management course there in June but going to try and get into shared milking or that as I'm not going to get the home place(doing the Professional Diploma in Dairy Herd management). Should be starting a work placement on a dairy farm mid september probably near one of ye cork boys! I hope to learn a thing from the dairy farmers posting on here! Have been going through the threads for a long time and picking up bits of knowledge along the way! You don't learn everything from a book some you learn from a computer screen! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

ouch!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭frogloch

If been around here a short while so I better introduce myself. I'm a wexford man been milking cows all my life. I have one horse left, had five halfbred mares here at one stage. I supply glanbia, spring calving, sell all bulls as calves keep the heifers. Milking the same no of cows as last year :). This is a great resource to have. EVERY DAYS A SCHOOL DAY, without the schoolbags and suspensions :P.

frogloch wrote: »
    If been around here a short while so I better introduce myself. I'm a wexford man been milking cows all my life. I have one horse left, had five halfbred mares here at one stage. I supply glanbia, spring calving, sell all bulls as calves keep the heifers. Milking the same no of cows as last year :). This is a great resource to have. EVERY DAYS A SCHOOL DAY, without the schoolbags and suspensions :P.
    Keep away from Kovu and you'll evade suspension! Welcome aboard. Are you another one of these lads that suffers drought?!

Keep away from Kovu and you'll evade suspension! Welcome aboard. Are you another one of these lads that suffers drought?!

Why is she the headmistress? No I don't mind dry weather at all, beside the blackstairs, hard to keep rain away. A few miles away each side of me its like a different country.

Why is she the headmistress? No I don't mind dry weather at all, beside the blackstairs, hard to keep rain away. A few miles away each side of me its like a different country.

Ah she likes to think she is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Your only over the road so.
    out farm is at the foot of it

Your only over the road so.
    out farm is at the foot of it

Keep going west for a few miles. I drive a mf4270.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Keep going west for a few miles. I drive a mf4270.:D

Have ye now

Wexford seems to be a more mixed county than I thought both land wise and weather wise. Over here on the Atlantic we all have the impression Wexford is like the Algarve ;):D

• Advertisement

Wexford seems to be a more mixed county than I thought both land wise and weather wise. Over here on the Atlantic we all have the impression Wexford is like the Algarve ;):D

Big difference in climate and soil around county from macamores in east that grows some amount of grass in a dry year to tillage land around ballycarney that'll dry up the second it stops raining. Then land where I am where soil is very deep and south wexford then has a drier milder climate than me.:)

Advertisement