Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome New Members/Old Members - Introduce yourself here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 juniorfarmer

How ye Lads.
    Just said i'd introduce myself here. I'm here for a bit of an education on farming. Help out at home with the father and have been following forums and threads on this for a long time. It's unreal the amount of great information that can be got from this site. Anything I can add to it I will, but I'm here to learn more than anything else. Sure we 'll see how we get on anyway.
    Thanks.
    Goodluck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Finished ag college and working as 2ic om a large dairy farm in england from a suckler farm back home thats too fragmented to milk on not sure what enterprise ill end up running on the home farm when i go home

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Welcome on board.....

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭bullnuts

Suckler farmer from limerick with full time job ! About 40 Sucklers very little a machinery good land that needs a bit of reclamation in places ! Mostly contractor does our work ! Married three kids and just turned 40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭parishsavings

Hi folks, not a farmer but helping a suckler / beef farmer, full-time off farm work.
    Hoping to buy my own farm for a part-time set-up. Based in Tipp.
    Single and ready to mingle (if you have the right land!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Hi folks, not a farmer but helping a suckler / beef farmer, full-time off farm work.
    Hoping to buy my own farm for a part-time set-up. Based in Tipp.
    Single and ready to mingle (if you have the right land!)
    Warm welcome to the form parish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Salrub

Hi everyone. Farming on family farm with sucklers, beef and sheep, the money making enterprises!!! part time now but hopefully full time in the future. Hoping to listen and learn new things and maybe help too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Who2

Hi im a part time farmer, i run around 50 sucklers with an aim for exporting but still with a lot to do and work full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Coolfresian

Hi everyone,
    Young full time dairy farmer from leinster. Have a Holstein/British fresian cross herd. Finish cattle on the farm also so the best of both worlds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Shuck

Hi everyone. Work full-time shift work, farm part time on the family farm. I'm from cavan , we run a 12 cow suckler herd and a herd of 35 dry stock. Hope to take the reins some day in the future. Love every minute of farm. I am hoping to learn from the vast experiences on this fourm.
    Maybe I can help some too
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Hi everyone.
    Young Dairy farmer from leinster.
    Big into grass and all thing's cows.
    In expansion mode and on the lookout for the next opportunity ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Hi everyone.
    Young Dairy farmer from leinster.
    Big into grass and all thing's cows.
    In expansion mode and on the lookout for the next opportunity ðŸ‘

Feels like I know you already. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I just realised I never posted here despite lurking in the forum for a while. Aspiring farmer here, I help my uncle on the family farm, suckler herd. I just finished college (completely unrelated to ag). I'm looking to take on a bit more responsibility around the place over the next few years.

I also keep a few horses about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭farisfat

Hello all
    looking in here ón and of and decided to join,dairy farming here in the west spring calving herd.
    hopefully can ad something to the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Hello, I'm not a farmer or anything. Just have a keen interest in farm machinery. You will find me hiding in the chat threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MasFer

Just to say hello

I'm a small part time beef farmer. Long time reader of this board, but never posted before.

/MasFer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

MasFer wrote: »
    Just to say hello

I'm a small part time beef farmer. Long time reader of this board, but never posted before.

/MasFer

Welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 18 paudie051

Hi,

I help my father on the farm, Mix of Dairy,suckler and sheep.

Accountant full time.

Interested in Cattle machinery not so much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 AgriMad

How ya's going said id pop in here to introduce myself,heres a bit ya should know about me.
    Full time Mixed Farming and also a Agri-Contractor
    also im furthest thing from a dry****e :p

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Farney Farmer

Hi all. New to boards. Young dairy farmer from Monaghan. Married with 1 kid. Long time reader, first time poster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Hi all. New to boards. Young dairy farmer from Monaghan. Married with 1 kid. Long time reader, first time poster!

Welcome aboard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 152 ✭✭Karangue

Hello all, part time sheep farmer. 120 sheep, this time of the year farming is quiet, get kids off the school and back into bed with herself. Get up at noon sort out the online business herself runs.
    Neighbour died last year a millionaire not married, state took it all. What is everyone killing themselves for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Karangue wrote: »
    Hello all, part time sheep farmer. 120 sheep, this time of the year farming is quiet, get kids off the school and back into bed with herself. Get up at noon sort out the online business herself runs.
    Neighbour died last year a millionaire not married, state took it all. What is everyone killing themselves for.
    That's the type of farming I'd like !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Morning all, long time lurker first time poster here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I've only recently realised that this is a good spot to get info even though I've been using boards for a good while now for other things

Technically a young farmer but getting close to 40. Part time, my dad is still alive and working away although not able to do as much as he once was. He signed it over to me three years ago and I spent a couple of years trying to get closer to home. Was out of work for 6 months this year, realised I'd love to go at it full time but also that I wouldnt get anywhere near the money I get as an engineer. Finally got a job in Kiltimagh but don't think its something that'll last so I'll be back looking again, not many jobs that would suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Green&Red wrote: »
    I've only recently realised that this is a good spot to get info even though I've been using boards for a good while now for other things

Technically a young farmer but getting close to 40. Part time, my dad is still alive and working away although not able to do as much as he once was. He signed it over to me three years ago and I spent a couple of years trying to get closer to home. Was out of work for 6 months this year, realised I'd love to go at it full time but also that I wouldnt get anywhere near the money I get as an engineer. Finally got a job in Kiltimagh but don't think its something that'll last so I'll be back looking again, not many jobs that would suit

Welcome. Plenty more here in that same boat as yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Welcome, im almost the exact same as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

I just started with a crowd in Dublin. Going well so far. Let me know when your looking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭White Clover

Dakota Dan wrote: »

Welcome along Dan!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Floki

Dakota Dan wrote: »

Welcome to the forum. :)

Advertisement