Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome New Members/Old Members - Introduce yourself here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Reggie. wrote: »
    Don't forget sewage floats aswell :P

Great minds Reggie, or not so great in this case! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Kovu wrote: »
    Great minds Reggie, or not so great in this case! :D

Peas in a pod darling ;)

Peas in a pod darling ;)

Sssssh honey, you'll have them all talking :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Kovu wrote: »
    Sssssh honey, you'll have them all talking :D

*whispers* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

LOUD NOISES!!

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    LOUD NOISES!!

Oh oh.....time to run away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭Grueller

Hi there folks.
    34 year old part time suckler farmer here. Married with two young kids, 1 boy and 1 girl. Farm part time in North Wexford/ South Wicklow along witb the father. Two separate herds but looking seriously at the partnership model. Run a blue bull with continental cows. Sell all weanlings in autumn sales and autumn calvinv for the most part with a few spring calvers left around but will get these phased out over the next year or two hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Grueller wrote: »
    Hi there folks.
    34 year old part time suckler farmer here. Married with two young kids, 1 boy and 1 girl. Farm part time in North Wexford/ South Wicklow along witb the father. Two separate herds but looking seriously at the partnership model. Run a blue bull with continental cows. Sell all weanlings in autumn sales and autumn calvinv for the most part with a few spring calvers left around but will get these phased out over the next year or two hopefully.

Welcome

Grueller wrote: »
    Hi there folks.

Welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

welcome along greuller!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Is there a goodbye thread? Anyway sh1tstirrer has reached the end of the road, goodbye all nice knowing you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,152 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Is there a goodbye thread? Anyway sh1tstirrer has reached the end of the road, goodbye all nice knowing you :)
    GOODBYE and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Goodbye sorry you have decided to leave

Noooooo :)

Ah he ll be back.

Don't do anything foolish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

Goodbye and all the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭epfff

All the best
    Hopefully youllbe back

• Registered Users Posts: 7 majormonty

Hi all have been lurking since around 2013 when I first joined made my first post on wednesday . Have around 30 -35 cows some beef selling grass for silage but building up to 60-70 cows plus replacements

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I said wrote: »
    Don't do anything foolish
    He's still around posting with a different username ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭White Clover

Sam Kade wrote: »
    He's still around posting with a different username ;)

Ur not the only one to notice that !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Hill Bill

Hi All,
    Part-time beef farmer, based in Kildare. Used to have suckers, weanlings to beef now. Have been an avid reader for a good while now, hope to contribute what I can.

Hill Bill wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Part-time beef farmer, based in Kildare. Used to have suckers, weanlings to beef now. Have been an avid reader for a good while now, hope to contribute what I can.

Welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭johndeere3350

mike_ie wrote:
    We value all the posters who make this forum what it is by sharing their experience, knowledge (and wit), and we would be delighted to welcome back any posters who have previously contributed to the forum and no longer do so - their contributions would be valued as always.

Hi all munster man here started full time contracting this year have been at it part time for a number of years.
    I notice this Is a mainly farmer based fourm so I hope I can pick up knowledge from this and also don't be afraid to ask any questions about anything from the contract side and I'll try answer as best I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Hi all munster man here started full time contracting this year have been at it part time for a number of years.
    I notice this Is a mainly farmer based fourm so I hope I can pick up knowledge from this and also don't be afraid to ask any questions about anything from the contract side and I'll try answer as best I can.

Welcome!

First Question, have you a turbo on the 3350? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭johndeere3350

Nekarsulm wrote:
    First Question, have you a turbo on the 3350?

Nekarsulm wrote:
    Welcome!

Nope no turbo bought it as a none runner clutch was stuck to the flywheel.
    Went into the back end and it was just a money pit.
    I spent a while working on injectors and injector pumps so I learned how to get the most ponies out of her and she would fair surprise you.
    Spends it's springs on a mulcher and it's summers on a rake and a wrapper

Welcome aboard

Great to have another heavy metal fan on the forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Welcome aboard

Great to have another heavy metal fan on the forum :D

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Ur not the only one to notice that !!!
    What's his new username?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭White Clover

Ah now Sam ! You wouldn't ask a Guard that !! :);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭50HX

after taking over the home place

suckler cows - sell the weanlings...might change tact in the future - see what system suits best

great to have a forum to chat things out with people

have gotten a few ideas already from people

looking forward to more discussions

Advertisement