Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags jailed for attacking tourists

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭stevedublin

geeksauce wrote: »
    There is no way in the world the streets are safer than ever before, years ago I used to walk from one end of my towns main street to the other at about 11 on a Saturday most of the time alone, (going to meet friends after work) but now there is no way whatsoever that I would even contemplate doing this at that time on a Saturday night.

Rathkeale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I wonder what is causing young men like this to become so feral and violent? Is it parenting, society, poverty, a cushy welfare system that doesn't ask questions, mental illness, drugs?

Why does it have to be something elses fault? Maybe they're just cúnts?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Delighted to see them getting jail time, too often in Ireland scumbags get off. But how the hell does one amass 69 convictions and still be walking the streets? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

You're wrong.

The 'streets' are safer than they've ever been and getting safer. All crime statistics point to this, but I presume it doesn't suit your 'we're breeding a generation of psychos' worldview.

You're actually wrong...maybe you don't go out at night?
    In my hometown theres a group of scumbags who burglar houses on a regular basis, they have followed old women out of the supermarket & not only rob them but gave them a few slaps too. Every one knows who they are & when they go to court they just laugh at the judge.
    The majority of people do not have respect for anyone or anything anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Send the perpetrators to a rough part of NYC and let's see how hard they are over there.

Being attacked by these herberts is an unfortunate dose of reality for these lads who probably spent their flight over here reading an Aer Lingus glossy in-flight mag full of adverts for Johnny Fox's, pictures of red haired colleens with breathy, exaggerated accents and articles on SoCoDu 20 something douchebag hipsters involved in music and techie start ups ( financed by the bank of mummy and daddy )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

And Ivor Callely gets 5 months in prison when scum like these after 69 or god knows how many convictions are roaming the streets?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Idbatterim wrote: »
    And Ivor Callely gets 5 months in prison when scum like these after 69 or god knows how many convictions are roaming the streets?!

So you think he didn't deserve to go to prison???

Just because these guys escaped justice so many times doesn't mean that we shouldn't imprison criminals like Ivor Calley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

Rathkeale?

No but am guessing Rathkeale is just as bad.

So you think he didn't deserve to go to prison???

Just because these guys escaped justice so many times doesn't mean that we shouldn't imprison criminals like Ivor Calley.

No, his reputation has already taken a hit, get the money back and also fine him a multiple of of the fraud. Then use it to incarcerate the actual scum. We obviously have a massive problem with prison spaces here, I know who I think should be occupying them! If there wasnt a jail space issue, I would say yeah throw him (Callely) in prison, but as there is, there should be a pecking order and the few thousand in theft is a fraction of the monetary value if you can even put one on it, of even one of the assaults that these scum inflicted on their god knows how many victims!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

biko wrote: »
    Not a day goes by without some thread in AH about Dublin scumbags getting up to this and that.
    Decent folk of Dublin, please sort your scumbag problem out pronto.

ah shure you get this kinda thing in all cities so we're going to allow it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

OldGoat wrote: »
    **importance alert** **importance alert**
    We have a code Red Underline Bold.
    I repeat we have a code Red Underline Bold!

spam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

You're wrong.

The 'streets' are safer than they've ever been and getting safer. All crime statistics point to this, but I presume it doesn't suit your 'we're breeding a generation of psychos' worldview.

statistics eh...:rolleyes:

Not a day goes by without some thread in AH about Dublin scumbags getting up to this and that.
    Decent folk of Dublin, please sort your scumbag problem out pronto.
    Are you mad, sure its my fault, your fault, anyone but the ordinary decent perpetrators!

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

It, an utter disgrace, is.

what a fail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

No, his reputation has already taken a hit, get the money back and also fine him a multiple of of the fraud. Then use it to incarcerate the actual scum. We obviously have a massive problem with prison spaces here, I know who I think should be occupying them! If there wasnt a jail space issue, I would say yeah throw him (Callely) in prison, but as there is, there should be a pecking order and the few thousand in theft is a fraction of the monetary value if you can even put one on it, of even one of the assaults that these scum inflicted on their god knows how many victims!

There wouldn't be a jail space issue if they just shoved them all into jail, now they have 2 people to a cell, throw a few foam mattresses on the floor and you get 4 or maybe even more in there. That has doubled the population instantly, could even throw a few more of the mattresses on the floors in the corridors for the night probably get ten times the amount in prisons that way.

There wouldn't be a jail space issue if they just shoved them all into jail, now they have 2 people to a cell, throw a few foam mattresses on the floor and you get 4 or maybe even more in there. That has doubled the population instantly, could even throw a few more of the mattresses on the floors in the corridors for the night probably get ten times the amount in prisons that way.
    True, when you read about the conditions in Peru where Melissa Reid and Michaella McCollum are being held, it really does sound horrific! I'd say criminals would take 5 years here, rather than one year there!

Or put up some Jurassic Park like permiter fence encircling god knows how many acres, throw them a tent and clean water, basic food twice a day! Scum off the streets at minimal cost and with a serious deterrent...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

True, when you read about the conditions in Peru where Melissa Reid and Michaella McCollum are being held, it really does sound horrific! I'd say criminals would take 5 years here, rather than one year there!

Or put up some Jurassic Park like permiter fence encircling god knows how many acres, throw them a tent and clean water, basic food twice a day! Scum off the streets at minimal cost and with a serious deterrent...

Sounds a bit like escape from LA or escape from new york

We should just reopen spike island and just maroon them out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Dublin needs to seriously get it's act together. I seem to be reading about tourists getting attacked or robbed every other day. The dangerous zombieland that Dublin is becoming will result in less tourism dollars for the best parts of Ireland.

I don't give a fiddlers on how Dublin compares to any other city in any other country, just get it sorted. It seems like the tourists are the only one doing any public intervention these days - the Dublin residents just suck it up or ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

listermint wrote: »
    .... take a walk around our capital city any time of day and witness the drunks and takers and pushers hanging around on our multi million Euro Boardwalks, designed to bring the liffey 'closer to you'

How can you possibly be so irresponsible as to recommend we take a walk around the city when you know doing that means at least 90% of us will be murdered, raped and mugged (in that order).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Up to 69 convictions and never been sent to prison, sure why wouldn't they assault who they like. Country made it pretty clear they can act like thugs if that suits them.

Has Gerry Adams been as for his opinion on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭hairybelly

3 to 5 years and out in less than half that no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

hairybelly wrote: »
    3 to 5 years and out in less than half that no doubt.
    Rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Any one got any answers as to how they and others like them should be dealt with,.... thats are not of the hang em and flog em Varity.. nor of the Marxist class politics Varity that says its all cause by depravation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its ridiculous to suggest they should be shot or hanged or chained together, obviously. But there does need to be harsher sentences, more gardai, more resources to the gardai that are already there, with more power given to them, more deterrents, and maybe just letting that kind of person know that sort of stuff isn't acceptable. The more they 'get away with it' relatively, the more they'll try. Give an inch take a mile etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

mariaalice wrote: »
    Any one got any answers as to how they and others like them should be dealt with,.... thats are not of the hang em and flog em Varity.. nor of the Marxist class politics Varity that says its all cause by depravation.

If any scummy behaviour was nipped in the bud it would sort out a lot of the trouble imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You actually notice in town (Dublin) when there is Gardai around, on O'Connell street, Henry street, Moore street, the number of scumbags and thus 'threatening' behaviour is right down. How about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 any1butdublin3

that's Dublin for you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,918 ✭✭✭circadian

Ship them off to Oz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

And people go to jail on their first offence for avoiding paying their tv license... :rolleyes:

I think I'll become a scumbag, sounds like good craic and it looks like they get away with everything.

You've done your leaving cert though, right?

So the judge won't see you as disadvantaged.

Advertisement