Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports fantasy football

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

guilty, cavan town, you as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The reason I don't think this game that serious is because I'm in no money leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

guilty, cavan town, you as well?

Born and raised in Swellan but living in Dublin 10+ years.

... I'm in first place and the guy in 2nd is a mate of mine, also from Cavan.

So it's a cavan 1, 2, 3 in the boards fsa private league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

How ye,

Thought I'd join in here, currently top of my work league, only 8 in it. This is my first year in any fantasy game. Really enjoying it at the moment.

Currently in 45,607 overall but in my defence I had no idea how to play the first few weeks and was not following the football for a few years. I only really joined to wind up an obnoxious know it all at work. Have the hang of it now. Obnoxious is not even top four and he is a fanatic. 80 points below me!

My early screw ups included Peter Crouch and Naismith in my team. As I said, hadn't been following the game. Current team.

Aguero, Vardey, Sanchez
    Mahrez,KDB, Lanzini, Drinkwater
    Coleman, Schlupp, Smalling
    Hart

• Registered Users Posts: 18,240 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I am giving up on this sky game. I much prefer fpl. Not because I am doing better ( I am doing fairly brutal in both). But the main reason is that it will not allow you to change captain after a gameweek is over. It sometimes states you can only change your captain once in a gameweek.

There should be an option where you can pick the following gameweeks captain as soon as you like. Major flaw in the game I think. Then most of the time I end up missing the deadlines!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

I am giving up on this sky game. I much prefer fpl. Not because I am doing better ( I am doing fairly brutal in both). But the main reason is that it will not allow you to change captain after a gameweek is over. It sometimes states you can only change your captain once in a gameweek.

There should be an option where you can pick the following gameweeks captain as soon as you like. Major flaw in the game I think. Then most of the time I end up missing the deadlines!

Can't believe I made this very mistake. Changed captain on Thursday, no new captain change. I'm screwed now without Sanchez captained tomorrow. You are right. This is poorly defined, might have just cost me my winning season. Arse!

The whole area around the captaincy is what defines sky sports fantasy football from the other ones. That's my favourite thing about it.

Ideally a SS ff manager wants his captain playing on a Sunday and then the following Saturday

For example in the current game week you would have it on Sanchez for arsenal's trip to Norwich on Sunday.... that way he also keeps it for Arsenals match next Saturday (5th Dec) vs Sunderland. (But don't click 'confirm captain' on Sanchez inbetween Sunday and next Saturday )

Then next Sat night/Sunday morning you could change it to an Everton or Palace player because both of those teams are playing the following Saturday (12th Dec)...

That way you have 2 different captains each weekend to maximise your points.

The whole area around the captaincy is what defines sky sports fantasy football from the other ones. That's my favourite thing about it.

Ideally a SS ff manager wants his captain playing on a Sunday and then the following Saturday

For example in the current game week you would have it on Sanchez for arsenal's trip to Norwich on Sunday.... that way he also keeps it for Arsenals match next Saturday (5th Dec) vs Sunderland. (But don't click 'confirm captain' on Sanchez inbetween Sunday and next Saturday )

Then next Sat night/Sunday morning you could change it to an Everton or Palace player because both of those teams are playing the following Saturday (12th Dec)...

That way you have 2 different captains each weekend to maximise your points.

Been fine with it up till now, I had the next 4 weeks changes loosely planned to maximise my premium players captaincy. Not sure how I buggered it up, made change on Thursday with 1 captain change available. Should have a new captain change for this game week:confused: A bit lost TBH

FortySeven wrote:
    Been fine with it up till now, I had the next 4 weeks changes loosely planned to maximise my premium players captaincy. Not sure how I buggered it up, made change on Thursday with 1 captain change available. Should have a new captain change for this game week A bit lost TBH

Yes, if you had a captaincy change available to you on Thursday (up until midnight Thursday because you didnt use it during last weeks sat/sun fixtures) and on Thursday you used it for a player playing today (Aguero say) then yes... you should have the option to change it to someone else for tomorrow.

The only thing I can think of is that you changed it Friday and not Thursday. That would cause that to happen and it happened me a few times last season.

Yes, if you had a captaincy change available to you on Thursday (up until midnight Thursday because you didnt use it during last weeks sat/sun fixtures) and on Thursday you used it for a player playing today (Aguero say) then yes... you should have the option to change it to someone else for tomorrow.

The only thing I can think of is that you changed it Friday and not Thursday. That would cause that to happen and it happened me a few times last season.

Must be. What an epic cock up. Now in 2nd place after my closest rival had a stormer of a day. Hoping he has no captain change either or I'm in serious trouble. Some major movements in our league today, one of our players had neither kdb or vardy. I feel for him. They both got mom too. :D

• Advertisement

FortySeven wrote:
    Must be. What an epic cock up. Now in 2nd place after my closest rival had a stormer of a day. Hoping he has no captain change either or I'm in serious trouble. Some major movements in our league today, one of our players had neither kdb or vardy. I feel for him. They both got mom too.

I wouldnt sweat it, lots of gameweeks to go. He might get 8 points from 2 captain while you get twice that from one if you had someone like Barkley or KDB.

... how many transfers have you left and how does that compare to your rivals

I wouldnt sweat it, lots of gameweeks to go. He might get 8 points from 2 captain while you get twice that from one if you had someone like Barkley or KDB.

... how many transfers have you left and how does that compare to your rivals

Haven't been counting their transfers. I have 20 left, the early weeks trying to learn caught me badly but I have a strong team and am hoping to not have too many injuries, I will have to sit a few out maybe but I left Kompany in while he was injured and managed to carry on scoring. Currently on 679 points. I swapped out Hart for Cech the other day though due to injury, 3 weeks of clean sheets with Arsenals coming run I hope.

How are others on here fixed.:confused:

20 is not too bad. My general rule of thumb is one a week but with so many of the old reliable doing so bad in the opening 7-8 weeks, sure I lost the run of myself a bit too.

Defenders and keepers tend to score little in the SS version compared to fpl where baps and save points come into play so if I have a defender who is injured, suspended or dropped I tend to ride it out.

I too have Cech but with Coquelin out injured I'm not expecting much in the way of clean sheets in the coming weeks

Below par performance today.

People keep saying that Leicester can't keep it up, but what about Watford.... punching well above their weight. Haven't touched any of their players yet but can't avoid it anymore

Still tipping along nicely,wait to see who starts for lpool v ncastle and try to remember to swap him in for the captaincy

I had to have a clear out, now have Kane, lukaku and vardy up front in place of aguero and sanchez.

Man city are terrible without Kompany, way too leaky at the back. Sanchez going injured was a bit of a godsend really, he was playing brilliantly but just not picking the points.

My theory on Mahrez picking a few goals while defence concentrated on Vardy was vindicated today, shame I had kane as captain. :mad: Changed captain to Lukaku tonight, hopefully he can bag me a few.

45 points for today with coleman and lukaku to play. Not great but an everton clean sheet with Lukaku scoring a brace is not too much to ask.....:pac:

Well, I just made the deadline by 2mins and swapped BEN for KANE, 2 cpts and only 8 pts

Well, I just made the deadline by 2mins and swapped BEN for KANE, 2 cpts and only 8 pts

I thought long and hard about bringing in Benteke for Sanchez myself but decided to hold off. I hate not having any players involved in the Sunday/Monday games

64 points from today. Still have sagna, cech, kdb and nyom to play and a captain change to kdb for the extra 2 points. Well in the lead of my league now. I was in 36,511 overall placing before today. Looking forward to seeing where I am tomorrow.

decided to give this a bump, very low scoring week all round 23pts,highest only 39. Top 3 pulling ahead, bit of a dog fight for 4-8, only 12 subs left

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the coming week. Vardy captained. In 18866 overall and 51 points clear in my work league. Happy enough but can't take the eye off the ball.

Aye. It's a tricky one. 4 seperate game day but only one captain change unless you buy and sell.

4 of my team are yellow flagged which is far from ideal in a double week. All 4 could place twice just as easily as not at all. I'll be watching the team news closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Snip

Had aguero captained this week. Got 5 goals and 2 assists. 3 man of the match. 1 clean sheet. 82 point day today. :-)

FortySeven wrote:
    Had aguero captained this week. Got 5 goals and 2 assists. 3 man of the match. 1 clean sheet. 82 point day today. :-)

I had a poor day defensively. A Southampton cs would have made a world of difference.

Are you in the boards sky sports mini league?

I had a poor day defensively. A Southampton cs would have made a world of difference.

Are you in the boards sky sports mini league?

No. Was too late to enter. Would be interested where I would be though. I have 1528 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

FortySeven wrote: »
    No. Was too late to enter. Would be interested where I would be though. I have 1528 points?

Just ahead of me in 6th. I'm on 1,510 points. 84 points for me this week, not too shabby.

2nd. I've been top most of the season and got over taken this weekend!

Completely took my eye off the ball as I'm chasing another guy in a seperate private league and have been concentrating my efforts on that.

Also, I thought we had a rule that all teams had to be visible in the league?

85 points this gameweek. 2nd in my league got 96. Slowly chipping away at my lead. He needs to beat me by 7 points each gameweek till the bitter end.

Pretending I'm not worried. :-)

• Advertisement

FortySeven wrote:
    85 points this gameweek. 2nd in my league got 96. Slowly chipping away at my lead. He needs to beat me by 7 points each gameweek till the bitter end.
    FortySeven wrote:
    Pretending I'm not worried. :-)

How are u fixed for transfers?

Juat stick to sensible captain choices and you shoukd be ok, he's chasing you so he's most likely to gamble and take risks.

Advertisement