Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports fantasy football

Options
  • 23-07-2014 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭

Set up a Boards FSA private league for anyone interested

PM me for the code if you want in!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

manual_man wrote: »
    Set up a Boards FSA private league for anyone interested

PM me for the code if you want in!

I'll join have done it the last couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'll join have done it the last couple of years

Yeah i joined it there it's very easy to play, and generous prizes on offer (considering it's free!)

Yeah i joined it there it's very easy to play, and generous prizes on offer (considering it's free!)

The good thing about it is you can just log on sat and make your move no price rises to be worrying about. However u need to be on the ball with captain choices and transfers as you can have 2 captains in one weekend I could try to explain it here but best to read ffs before weekend 1 as they will explain it clearer I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Yeh if you don't play the captains game right you have no chance. Definitely an interesting alternative to FPL.

tryin to get my head around the rules, what with captain changes and transfers allowed during a gameweek

Maybe someone might be able to clear up this (possible) scenario... :

GW1: you captain Giroud(plays Saturday), change it to Sturridge(with your 1 free captaincy change) who plays on the Sunday. So, ok, you've got double points for both Giroud and Sturridge... happy days... now........... after Sundays games you decide to transfer Sturridge out for Costa(playing Monday) so as per the rules the captaincy automatically changes from Sturridge, to Costa! Would that not mean that you get double points for ALL 3 players mentioned above? Seems a bit mad but i can't find anything in the rules to suggest otherwise! (the only thing i'm not sure about is whether you get to keep the points scored by a player that you transfer out during the gameweek - Sturridge, in the example above - or whether those points are lost...

Anybody able to make me any the wiser on this? :o

• Advertisement

tryin to get my head around the rules, what with captain changes and transfers allowed during a gameweek

Maybe someone might be able to clear up this (possible) scenario... :

GW1: you captain Giroud(plays Saturday), change it to Sturridge(with your 1 free captaincy change) who plays on the Sunday. So, ok, you've got double points for both Giroud and Sturridge... happy days... now........... after Sundays games you decide to transfer Sturridge out for Costa(playing Monday) so as per the rules the captaincy automatically changes from Sturridge, to Costa! Would that not mean that you get double points for ALL 3 players mentioned above? Seems a bit mad but i can't find anything in the rules to suggest otherwise! (the only thing i'm not sure about is whether you get to keep the points scored by a player that you transfer out during the gameweek - Sturridge, in the example above - or whether those points are lost...

Anybody able to make me any the wiser on this? :o

Ye that's it u keep all those points and the key thing then is that Costa who plays Monday plays again the next sat so then u can do it all again by switching your one captaincy change from Costa to someone that plays on the Sunday in gw 2.

madness, but potential to rack up some massive scores if you keep your focus

all about how you manage your fixed 40 transfers allowance, as well as being on the ball with benefiting re. captaincy changes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm not sure I'd have the discipline with a set amount of transfers. Points hits are almost like a drug for me :pac:

I'm not sure I'd have the discipline with a set amount of transfers. Points hits are almost like a drug for me :pac:

it definitely offers a different type of challenge, quite a lot of thought to put in to it, if you want to do well. i like how they offer private leagues with an entry fee(the amount determined by who sets up the league) - you pay through the site and they organize the payouts(prizes) etc., with no charge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ye that's it u keep all those points and the key thing then is that Costa who plays Monday plays again the next sat so then u can do it all again by switching your one captaincy change from Costa to someone that plays on the Sunday in gw 2.

I haven't played it before but I assume it's a big risk using a transfer like that every week? With only 40 transfers is it not wise to use them for injuries and getting rid of duds?

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I haven't played it before but I assume it's a big risk using a transfer like that every week? With only 40 transfers is it not wise to use them for injuries and getting rid of duds?

well yeah. but you cant think too negatively. there's definitely scope for big points gains like in the example i gave (only 1 transfer used), but at the same time it'd be wise you imagine to try and do it so your transfers are spread out over the course of the season, lest you use them all up too early and get stung

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Ye you cant do it every week. Ive ran out of transfers in March both seasons Ive played . The ideal scenario is your player plays Saturday you dont want him anymore and then you transfer him out for a player that plays Sunday. Its hard to hold onto transfers as you only have an 11 man squad.

Just a reminder any one who wants in on the mini-league PM me for the code...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Is it possible to change your team name on this? I stupidly put it in wrong.

Last chance for anyone who wants to enter our Boards mini league for this - private message me for the code who and ever wants in

cheers

Last chance for anyone who wants to enter our Boards mini league for this - private message me for the code who and ever wants in

cheers

Im predicting a top 3 finish for both of us in this:pac:

Im predicting a top 3 finish for both of us in this:pac:

i like your delusions of grandeur optimism :pac::pac:

:D

better prizes than the official one at least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

i like your delusions of grandeur optimism :pac::pac:

:D

better prizes than the official one at least!!

Ah feck it, im in if I remeber my password :pac:

6 in now 20 minutes left to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

can i join ?

• Advertisement

can i join ?
    ye set up a team Ill pm you the code you have 10 mins.

ye set up a team Ill pm you the code you have 10 mins.

have it set up already cheers

have it set up already cheers
    pmed you

im in

Just to remind people you are allowed one captaincy switch a week so can in effect have 2 captains a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Just to remind people you are allowed one captaincy switch a week so can in effect have 2 captains a week.

That's a nice little feature alright. I will probably switch captaincy to Costa, he'll surely be good for at least a goal against Burnley.

Yes... About that... Do you have to click into the transfers tab on your team page to do it? Or am i missing something? Thought the option would be available directly there in front of u on your team page

No?

Yes... About that... Do you have to click into the transfers tab on your team page to do it? Or am i missing something? Thought the option would be available directly there in front of u on your team page

No?
    You go into my team then click on transfers and then submit team. Do this for transfers and captain changes.

jebforever wrote: »
    That's a nice little feature alright. I will probably switch captaincy to Costa, he'll surely be good for at least a goal against Burnley.
    A chelsea player is a great shout for the captaincy switch as they play on sat next week meaning you make your captaincy switch after next sats games and you get 2 captains next week aswell.

• Advertisement

3rd out of 8 in this. Ended up with 3 captains and they all scored. Rooney on sat switched my captain to sturridge for sunday and then transferred sturridge out for costa which automatically made costa my captain monday. Arfield scoring last night was a nice bonus aswell.

Advertisement