Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports fantasy football

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

3rd out of 8 in this. Ended up with 3 captains and they all scored. Rooney on sat switched my captain to sturridge for sunday and then transferred sturridge out for costa which automatically made costa my captain monday. Arfield scoring last night was a nice bonus aswell.

Three captains you say, didn't realise you could do three.

Oh well early days yet and keeping a tight grip on my transfers for the run in this year.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

I'm blind, where is the mini league table?? Can't see it anywhere

nevermind, found it, joint last :P

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Third with no players in MNF.
    Happy enough to have closed the gap a bit.
    Might dip into the transfer market as Robbie Brady has not featured yet this season and have a few players in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

3rd out of 8 in this. Ended up with 3 captains and they all scored. Rooney on sat switched my captain to sturridge for sunday and then transferred sturridge out for costa which automatically made costa my captain monday. Arfield scoring last night was a nice bonus aswell.

Could you in theory next week, have let's say Rooney as captain on Saturday morning, transfer him out for a player playing at 3pm and then have the captaincy transfer still in hand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

JokerD wrote: »
    Could you in theory next week, have let's say Rooney as captain on Saturday morning, transfer him out for a player playing at 3pm and then have the captaincy transfer still in hand?

almost certain you cant do that it has to be different days as far as I know.

Manual man over 100 pts clear in this what is your overall ranking and how many transfers have you left. Im 5th out of 8 have used 14 of my 40 transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Manual man over 100 pts clear in this what is your overall ranking and how many transfers have you left. Im 5th out of 8 have used 14 of my 40 transfers.

Not very many is the answer to that:pac::pac::pac: just the 18 F/T left (first time playing the Sky game, i'll forgive myself the madness :D)

656th position overall

team going forward:

Fabianski
    Ivan Hutton Bertrand
    Fabregas Lallana Mane Siggy Di Maria
    Costa Welbeck

manual_man wrote: »
    Not very many is the answer to that:pac::pac::pac: just the 18 F/T left (first time playing the Sky game, i'll forgive myself the madness :D)

656th position overall

team going forward:

Fabianski
    Ivan Hutton Bertrand
    Fabregas Lallana Mane Siggy Di Maria
    Costa Welbeck

Great start by you. I reckon you will be out of transfers by the end of Jan though☺

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Great start by you. I reckon you will be out of transfers by the end of Jan though☺

Haha if not before then :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

I'm 7th out of 8th have 28 transfers left and am 139971
    keep forgetting to change captain on a sunday morning if i capt fail on a saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Very little chatter in this forum for the SS version.
    If not in here, where do sky's ports FF fans go?

Think I'm gonna knock the sky sports one on the head. I'm not on the computer much over the weekend to do transfers and captain changes to maximise points so losing a lot of points and interest dwindling in it. I'll pop in and out of it tho to do my team now and again. Can someone link up our mini league, can never find it when I log on!
    Have the FPL and mirror ones to look for, also do FiT on he phone and like the sky one I usually miss out on transfers each week

Costa doubt is a nightmare. I've currently Sterling as captain transferring from the QPR game. If I keep it on him I can transfer to Costa on Sunday, then it will automatically be on him next week at home on Saturday which means I can switch to Aguero for next Sunday.

Other option is Aguero captain tomorrow and then captain next Sunday.

Top option gives me possibly 4 captains but with a big injury concern.
    Bottom option gives me Sergio for two weeks.

What ye think?

Costa doubt is a nightmare. I've currently Sterling as captain transferring from the QPR game. If I keep it on him I can transfer to Costa on Sunday, then it will automatically be on him next week at home on Saturday which means I can switch to Aguero for next Sunday.

Other option is Aguero captain tomorrow and then captain next Sunday.

Top option gives me possibly 4 captains but with a big injury concern.
    Bottom option gives me Sergio for two weeks.

What ye think?
    I have aguero and costa going to do aguero sat switch to costa and then switch back to aguero sun week. Id risk the sterling costa one.

I have aguero and costa going to do aguero sat switch to costa and then switch back to aguero sun week. Id risk the sterling costa one.

I would've been identical to yourself but I switched from Aguero to Sterling after Saturday so I could have him on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I switched captaincy to Di Maria last gameweek for his game against WBA. It's now not letting me change from him. It just keeps popping up with a message saying: "ALERT - You can only make one captain change per week." Any ideas what I can do or am I stuck with ADM captain for the gameweek?

jebforever wrote: »
    I switched captaincy to Di Maria last gameweek for his game against WBA. It's now not letting me change from him. It just keeps popping up with a message saying: "ALERT - You can only make one captain change per week." Any ideas what I can do or am I stuck with ADM captain for the gameweek?

I think you can change at 00.01am. Next Gameweek starts on Saturday.

I think you can change at 00.01am. Next Gameweek starts on Saturday.

Oh is that it? You learn something new each time haha.

Cheers.

jebforever wrote: »
    You should be able to make a switch I think. Unless they are classing Monday as this week? If you transfer adm out that will give you another captain.

• Advertisement

I would've been identical to yourself but I switched from Aguero to Sterling after Saturday so I could have him on the Sunday.
    Just checked it there I actually switched from aguero to siggy last sunday:mad:. So I have siggy tomorrow and will switch to costa or fab for sunday.

Have similar conundrum with Augero.

have him as captain since last weekend so I will leave him be for tomorrow's game.

Should be able to switch to costa on Sunday ... but if he doesn't play it's been a completely missed opportunity to put points on someone else Sunday/Mon

have him as captain since last weekend so I will leave him be for tomorrow's game.

Should be able to switch to costa on Sunday ... but if he doesn't play it's been a completely missed opportunity to put points on someone else Sunday/Mon
    Sets you up for the next week though as you will have costa at home to qpr on the sat with a captaincy switch to aguero for the sunday.

Unless you use a transfer for a Chelsea player that should start.

Yeah... Just as long as Costa starts at qpr. which he should.

The only other option would be to buy Lukaku on Sunday and make him captain for this Sunday and next sat at home to Swansea then switch back to Augero next Sunday

speaking of transfers ...

I've used 11 of 40 and have 29 left.

I'm trying to stick to one transfer per game week roughly but wouldn't mind if I could bank a few more than that for the run in next March, April, May

speaking of transfers ...

I've used 11 of 40 and have 29 left.

I'm trying to stick to one transfer per game week roughly but wouldn't mind if I could bank a few more than that for the run in next March, April, May
    Ive used 14 26 left its the hardest part of the game trying to hold onto them. This is my 3rd season playing and Ive always ran out of transfers in March.

I have only 25 left. Think I'll save for the next 2 weeks as I don't wanna be in the situation where I only have 8 transfers left come the 1st January.

Well Gents.

Captain Augero didn't do a whole lot today. I'll be switching captaincy to Costa tomorrow but as almost everyone else in my private league is doing the same, it wont make any difference.

If Costa doesn't play I'll be gutted as a couple of my rivals bought Sakho or Beirinho in last week and have reaped the rewards since.

• Advertisement

I had Rooney locked in as captain last night from the previous game v Stoke. When I heard he was out last night, I transferred in Bony who automatically became captain. I thought this would still allow a captain change but I logged in there and can't change it.

Advertisement