Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

The signpost near the end of the M11 at Gorey. It proclaims that Wexford is 52km away. You pass it at 120kph and realise that if the motorway continued you'd be there in 26 minutes instead the motorway runs out not long afterwards, your speed falls way off and you're lucky to be in Wexford in 40-45mins.

'52km' - it's a taunt every fecking time I pass it!

Take the ballycanew road - much nicer drive and faster too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Take the ballycanew road - much nicer drive and faster too :)

Definitely a nicer drive, but I think the reduction of the speed limit from 100kph to 80kph has taken some of the sheen off it and it's tractor central at this time of year. I've never found it faster though especially as I have to get over the bridge and out of Wexford to get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rotun

grundie wrote: »
    When the binmen don't 'wiggle' your bins hard enough on the back of their lorry and only half empty them

When you see your neighbors killing themselves jumping on their bins so they can squeeze in one last bag.. then another

And another..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

golf!!
    The media once minute tells us Mcilroy is Irish, next minute hes British...wonder does he regret choosing Ireland in the Olympics!!!

golf!!
    The media once minute tells us Mcilroy is Irish, next minute hes British...wonder does he regret choosing Ireland in the Olympics!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

chrysagon wrote: »
    golf!!

Double posts..arrrrrgh!!!:p

There was an echo............echo...echoooooooooooooo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

MJ23 wrote: »
    The new ad for Sky Sports for €1. Yer wan playing the Banjo and the Douchebag going around on the scooter.
    Also the itsforwomen.ie ad. How can they be allowed put this sexist rubbish on the television? I think Katie Taylor should get checked out for brain injury from all that boxing. Those dead eyes and monotone voice should send alarm bells to those who care for her.

I initially heard about her on the ad and thought it was the usual exaggeration. I finally did see the ad before a movie recently and I have to agree - she looks completely out of it. I was pretty taken aback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

bluewolf wrote: »
    I initially heard about her on the ad and thought it was the usual exaggeration. I finally did see the ad before a movie recently and I have to agree - she looks completely out of it. I was pretty taken aback

It's weird seeing the banner for the ad, with her on it, on boards.ie all the time.

I would say that she had never read an autocue before. I would imagine she was just really awkward.

It's shocking to think that was the best take that they got out of her though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

The Apple TV remote control.

Ergomically designed to be the perfect shape and size to slip between your couch cushions.

Seriously thinking of supergluing it to a block of wood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

rotun wrote: »
    When you see your neighbors killing themselves jumping on their bins so they can squeeze in one last bag.. then another

And another..

Our provider charges per lift, but a fair use limit applies. So if you cram too much in you'll pay a surcharge. One of our neighbours who uses the same provider just can't get this concept and wonders why they occasionally pay a few euro more per lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

The permadrunk married couple I see on the bus around 6pm every day. The husband is blind and is very keen to tell you why. He lost his sight in a drink driving accident he himself caused. Yet, he has no shame about this and says it's a disgrace that his disability benefits are so low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Female colleague at work with low cut top, leaning over my desk to show me something on computer screen.

One false glance and I'll get labelled as the office pervert for the next 20 years.

Jesus lady, just put the puppies away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

bluewolf wrote: »

I saw it in the same circumstances as well and she really does seem to be all kinds of messed up.

The vacant look in her eyes says it's more than just inexperience at reading an autocue.

Jars made too deep for a butter knife to easily reach the bottom resulting in a sticky knife handle when you try to scrape the bottom of the Nutella jar.

Female colleague at work with low cut top, leaning over my desk to show me something on computer screen.

One false glance and I'll get labelled as the office pervert for the next 20 years.

I'm having the same problem today in work. When I'm sitting down at the window dealing with customers boobs are usually exactly in my eyeline if I just look straight ahead.

It seems today is college registration day for somewhere near me because it has been a constant stream of girls in their early twenties wearing cleavagey tops due to the nice weather.

Very hard to focus on anything but the obvious :)

The Apple TV remote control.

Ergomically designed to be the perfect shape and size to slip between your couch cushions.

Seriously thinking of supergluing it to a block of wood.

Had to tip up the couch and Stanley the fabric off the bottom recently to get mine back. It was a second hand refurbished couch and i found roach ends and papers and crud inside. Needed a shower after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Jars made too deep for a butter knife to easily reach the bottom resulting in a sticky knife handle when you try to scrape the bottom of the Nutella jar.

At that point I just send the whole hand in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Laurence Fishbourne please stop making films.

You suck ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm tired of hearing and reading whiney parents/parent groups whining about water charges. Big whoopdy doo, you're going to have to pay for water. Well so do those of us without children, except we don't get the breaks that you do or the childrens allowance money. Just fcek off already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The way they stare into space after saying their lines before the camera pans away from them irritates me

When I see them do this, I am convinced they are reading lines off camera.....and that new one, Christy's daughter, she speaks with her teeth stuck together.
    rotun wrote: »
    And another..

People staring out the window at me jumping up and down in my bin:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    When I see them do this, I am convinced they are reading lines off camera.....and that new one, Christy's daughter, she speaks with her teeth stuck together...

Oh Jaysis that wan with her painfully artificial "Me oul' coddle-waddiar!" accent makes me want to kick babies. Her and her big potato-headed ape of a husband. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think Nutella have designed a special knife to get every last bit of chocolatly goodness from thier jar. I'm sure it would work on other jars as well.

Just look, that couple of seconds of mammary madness will come back to mind every time you are noted as a pervert. 20 years of boobage memory for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Fair City!

Lads, what the fcuk like!

They should have went to the Derek Zoolander school for adults that can't act good and want to do other things good too.

State of it!

I haven't watched that for decades. I cringe whenever I visit my parents and my mother is wathcing it. She's addicted to it and Coronation street:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

whirlpool wrote: »
    The words "claptrap" and "tripe."

Almost exclusively used by Irish male middle-aged-and-older know-it-alls.

*shudder*

Someone just started a thread and used the word "claptrap."

They made another post soon after in the same thread and used the word "tripe."

Ugggghhhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I haven't watched that for decades. I cringe whenever I visit my parents and my mother is wathcing it. She's addicted to it and Coronation street:confused:

People clearly don't watch it for the talent involved... because, well.... ye know. They must be watching it as car-crash t.v. It's so weird.

It's as if the actors and staff on their very first day working for Fair City get taken into a room and told "Everything you know about acting? FORGET IT! Now, out ye go!"

I'm tired of hearing and reading whiney parents/parent groups whining about water charges. Big whoopdy doo, you're going to have to pay for water. Well so do those of us without children, except we don't get the breaks that you do or the childrens allowance money. Just fcek off already.

Kids are the ultimate excuse for everything in Ireland.

They are treated like something that is inflicted on people without any input from themselves to put them in their situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

That frickin' helmet of hair on Dawn O'Porter.

Actually if truth be told, all other parts of Dawn O'Porter irk me too.

These 2 bankers arrested again.............. irks me.. as well know they will get five hours community service between them!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,543 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yamanoto wrote: »
    That frickin' helmet of hair on Dawn O'Porter.

Claudia Winkleman too. She can't possibly be able to see anything from uder that fringe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement