Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Candie wrote: »
    You get on best with the one who felt you up, and you think he's weird?

OK so. I can see how that can be awkward alright.

He's my closest friend in the house. We had an awkward situation. Thought it was dealt with. Thought he was grand with me, I wasn't off with him. Things were okay and now all of a sudden for no reason he's completely off with me. I didn't do anything, I haven't said anything so see no reason why he's being like he is. And I'm not imagining it either, my friend stayed here last night and she'd know how well we usually get on and she was like wtf is going on, you can cut the tension with a knife.

It's just that I'm moving out on Tuesday and don't want to leave things on a bad note with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Omackeral wrote: »
    Paying to use the toilet in certain shopping centres. WTF is that about? I'm off to make a thread.

If it was an amazing toilet with a man called Jeeves handing me toilet roll I wouldn't be annoyed by it but the toilets you pay for are at most equal to average. If you want me to pay to have a piss at least make it a place I want to piss in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

On my third crap film of the day. The 20 minute rule has been applied twice now.
    Only God Forgives - rubbish, turned it off after 20 minutes
    Force of Execution - Depressing drivel, off after 20 minutes
    I have 'No One Lives' on now. Might be third time lucky. Seems meh so far. Probably be going off soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

MJ23 wrote: »
    On my third crap film of the day. The 20 minute rule has been applied twice now.
    Only God Forgives - rubbish, turned it off after 20 minutes
    Force of Execution - Depressing drivel, off after 20 minutes
    I have 'No One Lives' on now. Might be third time lucky. Seems meh so far. Probably be going off soon.

We've been having Twin Peaks marathon nights over the weekend. I'd forgotten how creepy, weird and quirky it was. Maybe watch something retro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kilkenny Hurling manger Brian Cody and his f**king hat. That poxy hat and him are never apart. I imagine he eats his dinner while wearing it and sleeps with the wife while wearing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Omackeral wrote: »
    Kilkenny Hurling manger Brian Cody and his f**king hat. That poxy hat and him are never apart. I imagine he eats his dinner while wearing it and sleeps with the wife while wearing it.

http://img.rasset.ie/0005d6f5-642.jpg

http://c1.thejournal.ie/media/2013/05/brian-cody-3172009-333x500.jpg

http://c0.thejournal.ie/media/2013/04/brian-cody-2492012e-3-230x150.jpg

http://media.joe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Brian-Cody.jpg

Gerlock Nane. He's like a giant spud in a suit. "Twas a brillant game uv hawrling, congrats to Kilkinny"
    Brian Coady. "Put to the pin of our collar"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭DuchessduJour

Hearing the most fantastic piece of gossip but not being able to talk to anyone about it because you swore to absolute secrecy. Ahhhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hearing the most fantastic piece of gossip but not being able to talk to anyone about it because you swore to absolute secrecy. Ahhhh!!

PM ya hunzo xx

The new ad for Sky Sports for €1. Yer wan playing the Banjo and the Douchebag going around on the scooter.
    Also the itsforwomen.ie ad. How can they be allowed put this sexist rubbish on the television? I think Katie Taylor should get checked out for brain injury from all that boxing. Those dead eyes and monotone voice should send alarm bells to those who care for her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Oh Dear God, Mr P has just told me he's about to put a Christmas countdown thing on his phone, it's August :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Oh Dear God, Mr P has just told me he's about to put a Christmas countdown thing on his phone, it's August :eek:

Thanks for reminding me I had one, it's 137 days btw :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

Thanks for reminding me I had one, it's 137 days btw :D

Get out!! :mad:

19 weeks to go!!!!!

I'll start organising the trivial things secret santa. Dannie gets nothing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

MJ23 wrote: »
    The new ad for Sky Sports for €1. Yer wan playing the Banjo and the Douchebag going around on the scooter.
    Also the itsforwomen.ie ad. How can they be allowed put this sexist rubbish on the television? I think Katie Taylor should get checked out for brain injury from all that boxing. Those dead eyes and monotone voice should send alarm bells to those who care for her.
    What's the full deal with that offer? I heard on the radio you can get Sky Sports for €1 for six months. I'm assuming that afterwords they implement a hefty increase and there's nothing you can do about it because in the fine print you agreed to sign up for the next twenty years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    What's the full deal with that offer? I heard on the radio you can get Sky Sports for €1 for six months. I'm assuming that afterwords they implement a hefty increase and there's nothing you can do about it because in the fine print you agreed to sign up for the next twenty years?

Yep I think that's it.

Setanta sports/BT Sport have a €1 for a month deal on for the month of August I think, and you can just cancel at the end of the month and that's the end of it. There's a bargain alerts thread I think on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Paddy Cow wrote: »

It's a one month contract, which means you only have to keep it for one month minimum.

To cancel, you give them 31 days cancellation notice.

It'd go something like this:
    1. Ring Sky
    2. Ask for the Sports €1/month for six months offer
    3. Five months later, ring and say you're giving your one month cancellation notice for the Sports
    4. Hey presto, you got six months of Sky Sports for six euro

My girlfriend needs to learn that you can in fact cook food in things that aren't a microwave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Fair City!

Lads, what the fcuk like!

They should have went to the Derek Zoolander school for adults that can't act good and want to do other things good too.

State of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

having to touch taps and doors on the way out of a public toilet. In Milan every toilet door was kickable open on the way out and every tap had a foot pump or a sensor. In Dublin if the tap doesnt get me after going to the trouble of deep cleansing my hands the door does. yep I am completely nuts but in a trivial way :D lol

• Advertisement

Fair City!

Lads, what the fcuk like!

They should have went to the Derek Zoolander school for adults that can't act good and want to do other things good too.

State of it!

The way they stare into space after saying their lines before the camera pans away from them irritates me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Not trivial but I thought it was important to post this. You know that couple who were accused of abandoning their child because he had downs syndrome? Well the father is a convicted sex offended including the sexual abuse of a 5 year old girl!! WTF?!!! How is he allowed to have a child in his care??? How is he allowed anywhere NEAR any children full stop??

I thought I'd heard it all, but I just have no idea what's going on in the world anymore. My blood is BOILING after discovering this. http://news.sky.com/story/1316338/abandoned-downs-baby-parents-break-silence

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

When the binmen don't 'wiggle' your bins hard enough on the back of their lorry and only half empty them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

having to touch taps and doors on the way out of a public toilet. In Milan every toilet door was kickable open on the way out and every tap had a foot pump or a sensor. In Dublin if the tap doesnt get me after going to the trouble of deep cleansing my hands the door does. yep I am completely nuts but in a trivial way :D lol

Yes! Yes! Yes!
    This drives me nuts. Sensor taps and doors please!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I hate when you're trying to have a perve at a pedestrian whilst you're driving past, but another car/road sign/lamppost gets in the way for that crucial 2-3 seconds and ruins the whole opportunity.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
    This drives me nuts. Sensor taps and doors please!

being forced to touch a door handle on the way out of the bathroom and realizing it is wet and sticky ... *SHUDDER*.... this creeps me out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

being forced to touch a door handle on the way out of the bathroom and realizing it is wet and sticky ... *SHUDDER*.... this creeps me out

I never touch the door handles in the toilets. I always kick the door open.

I never touch the door handles in the toilets. I always kick the door open.

Yes but the issue is that the door doesn't kick in the direction of travel therefore a previously germ free hand is forced to grab a disgusting warm wet handle full of bacteria , some of it harmful due to the fact that some people simply do not wash their hands [or wash them properly when they do] after doing either a number 1 or even a 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

The signpost near the end of the M11 at Gorey. It proclaims that Wexford is 52km away. You pass it at 120kph and realise that if the motorway continued you'd be there in 26 minutes instead the motorway runs out not long afterwards, your speed falls way off and you're lucky to be in Wexford in 40-45mins.

'52km' - it's a taunt every fecking time I pass it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement