Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

Ye know how we all hate misbehaved screaming kids and their indifferent parents???, well this guy got some small revenge :D:p

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/burger-king-customer-buys-23-apple-pies-teach-screaming-child-lesson-article-1.1898539

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Yamanoto wrote: »
    That frickin' helmet of hair on Dawn O'Porter.

Actually if truth be told, all other parts of Dawn O'Porter irk me too.

I was sitting here reading that thinking "is her name not Dawn Porter?" so googled it for clarification and well holy god, it's Dawn O'Porter after getting married to your man. Seems very odd to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

When the page loads just as you're clicking refresh

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I wouldn't be one to visit a church that often, but have had 2 funerals in the past 4 days to go to.

Where the pew's always a torture device? They are rowed too close together, so I cannot stand up straight. My ankle tight up against the kneely down yokie, and my calves against the seat, with my knees bent.

It doesn't help that I went for a massive run yesterday and haven't drank enough water, bloody muscles cramping up while looked into these devices that are straight out of Saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I wouldn't be one to visit a church that often, but have had 2 funerals in the past 4 days to go to.

Where the pew's always a torture device? They are rowed too close together, so I cannot stand up straight. My ankle tight up against the kneely down yokie, and my calves against the seat, with my knees bent.

It doesn't help that I went for a massive run yesterday and haven't drank enough water, bloody muscles cramping up while looked into these devices that are straight out of Saw.

Mass is meant to be torturous, the shíte seats make it even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Tumbleweed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

........ just say you were there, standing at the back .....

tell everyone it was a lovely service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Ahh you're going to the wrong church lads. The one I go to it's all plush seats and knee rests, flat screen tv's on all the pillars so you don't miss a minute of the priests chalice work close up...

They do tend to pass the baskets around twice though, like they didn't understand "get bent" the first time, and then there was that one church where the guy stood at the end of the pew with a box attached to a stick, shoving it in along the row of people. He picked the wrong guy to try the humiliating staring game with! :pac:

Aaanyway, I bought a DVD there for the young lad, and they have this new "Ultraviolet Digital Copy" technology on them now, that basically allows you to watch the movie on any of your digital devices. Great idea, in theory.

Until you read the instructions -

1. Go to http://ultraviolet.flixster.com/uk/bigfacedaffy

2. Follow the steps to create your free Flixster and Ultraviolet accounts

3. Enter the redemption code below to start enjoying your episodes

You have to create two separate accounts with two separate services just to do something that should be a simple, streamlined process?

Go and shìte tbh, more effort than it's worth, and I already have trouble keeping control over my inbox without even more junk mail! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Bloody Sky ringing me every day, nearly twice a day trying to sell me Sports or Movies. I have the mobile phone on silent while at work so when I see there is a missed call during work hours, it's always them!

I emailed them last week to get myself taken off their call list, as well as changing my online account settings to email contact only. I got a lovely reply back assuring me this would be done.

Today at 11.19 am, guess what??? :mad::mad::mad:

I'm going to have to take the phone off silent, answer it the next time it rings and suggest that I may need to cancel my subscription if they don't stop badgering me. It's only a month since I last spoke to them!

(Without being arsey to the call centre person...they're only following a list they're given!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I was sitting here reading that thinking "is her name not Dawn Porter?" so googled it for clarification and well holy god, it's Dawn O'Porter after getting married to your man. Seems very odd to me.

Yes, I think it was supposed to be funny, seeing as she married an Oirish man. I know very little about her but that helmet of hair annoys me, trivially.

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Yes, I think it was supposed to be funny, seeing as she married an Oirish man. I know very little about her but that helmet of hair annoys me, trivially.

Probably name the first kid Gallon or something as stupid. He drive me n uts as well, I find him about as funny as piles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Everytime I "thank" somebody it reloads the page :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Claudia Winkleman too. She can't possibly be able to see anything from uder that fringe.

I don't trust fringes. They don't do anything but age women and I always suspect that they're hiding things like scars or wrinkles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That'll teach you to try and ingratiate yourself to others! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

It's happening to everyone, they said they're looking into it on the site development forum.

It's fixed me for me now... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

I thought it was just my computer acting up after clearing malware the day before.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Same here.

They've identified the problem, and Pablo over in Site Dev is working on the issue -

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057267129/

It's happening to everyone, they said they're looking into it on the site development forum.

It's fixed me for me now... :pac:

Damn touch site, slow as a sheep wearing wellies... not that I'd know of course, friend of a friend :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I thanked the crap out of Czarcasm's post and it didn't refresh. I win the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Czarcasm wrote: »
    They've identified the problem, and Pablo over in Site Dev is working on the issue -

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057267129/

That boy doesn't get half enough Reward Pellets. :cool:

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Damn touch site, slow as a sheep wearing wellies... not that I'd know of course, friend of a friend :o

On that note....a friend once told me that the best way to have sex with a sheep, was to flip the sheep on it's back, that way you can kiss it as well.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    On that note....a friend once told me that the best way to have sex with a sheep, was to flip the sheep on it's back, that way you can kiss it as well.:D

A friend told you? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Teenagers. If you're harassing my pets and I tell you to fcuk off, then fcuk off, do not give me attitude or I will put my foot up your hole if you lay a finger on my pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

That my aged parents have gotten a letter from revenue and are confused between the household charge and the property tax and now must pay €200 from 2012.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

It's been driving me nuts today! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Teenagers. If you're harassing my pets and I tell you to fcuk off, then fcuk off, do not give me attitude or I will put my foot up your hole if you lay a finger on my pets.

There's a story there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

<Darth Vader breathing> Sister?? :D </Darth Vader breathing>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

eisenberg1 wrote: »

:eek:

So sheepshaggers are real!?

Actually, I don't wanna know :pac:

• Advertisement

There's a story there :pac:

^ As usernames go, that ones a beauty! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement