Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

dubstarr wrote: »
    I hate being left handed why are tin openers so hard to use.

You should buy an electric can opener :D We had one that my husband insisted would be 'really handy to have', it was used once, sat in the box for 6 months and then I gave it away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I was just channel hopping the radio, and (accidently) heard on 2FM, a "DJ" say "Ah ja knowwhatImeanlike".

Was it the tea maker from WestSh!te?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

MJ23 wrote: »
    Was it the tea maker from WestSh!te?

Well I think it the female that Co-DJ's with him, the tea maker:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

berrygood wrote: »
    When it takes you so long to type your reply that your session logs out. Of course, you're not made aware of this until you hit the reply button and by that time it's too late. You've lost your reply!!!
    Stay logged in. Problem solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

airport.. you get near security and people in front decide to start mooching in their rucksack/case/ bag for their liquids, and then decide they might need a clear bag.. while the rest of us are prepared and ready to jet off, we are held up by some idiot..security should just ask them to get to back of the line till they are sorted!!!

• Advertisement

I also favour the badger, and if I am spoiling myself,aided by a damp teatowel popped in the microwave for a couple of minutes. But I am sick of being ripped off on the razor front by Gillette etc (ALDI do a razor that is not too bad and its cheap) but I may try the ol double edge again......I do remember almost cutting my own head off while using my fathers razor when I was about twelve. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

chrysagon wrote: »
    airport.. you get near security and people in front decide to start mooching in their rucksack/case/ bag for their liquids, and then decide they might need a clear bag.. while the rest of us are prepared and ready to jet off, we are held up by some idiot..security should just ask them to get to back of the line till they are sorted!!!

Was recently in the airport and there was a particularly large queue for security. Given the queue, the staff constantly shouted instructions so that people would be ready when they got to the front.

Of course, we then had numerous people who were genuinely surprised that the had to take laptops out of their bags, take off shoes and generally do every single thing that they were told 20-30 times while they were in the queue. Sigh

Im a regular commuter, and it beggars belief, no matter how many times security personnel will shout out instructions to inform passengers of what to prepare, there are still people who seem to enjoy the fact of holding everyone up to a standstill, you even see security people getting agitated by it all, and you cant blame them, families waiting, kids crying, school groups...and JOE BLOGGS looking for his liquid..thats been in there for maybe last 5 years!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I really hate those photos of slimmed down celebrities and the usual accompanying blurb about the 'secret' of their amazing weight loss. Meh, secret my ass. It's got a lot to do with the personal trainer, live in chef who provides tasty calorie controlled food on demand and lipo. Whatever weightloss product they're advertising is bollOx. If everyone who is overweight had their wealth there'd be a lot fewer chunky people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I really hate those photos of slimmed down celebrities and the usual accompanying blurb about the 'secret' of their amazing weight loss. Meh, secret my ass. It's got a lot to do with the personal trainer, live in chef who provides tasty calorie controlled food on demand and lipo. Whatever weightloss product they're advertising is bollOx. If everyone who is overweight had their wealth there'd be a lot fewer chunky people :D
    The before and after shots are the worst. The before shot is them with poor posture, bad lighting, a bikini two sizes too small, unkempt hair and little or no makeup. In the after shot, they are tanned, hair and makeup done, standing correctly and photoshopped to high heaven.

• Advertisement

i always remember sly stallone mention he was taking an amino acid that was far stronger than was available to the public, for years.. until it blew up in his face when caught with VIALS of growth hormone in Australia...the fairytales ended..so much for his supplement brand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Was recently in the airport and there was a particularly large queue for security. Given the queue, the staff constantly shouted instructions so that people would be ready when they got to the front.

Of course, we then had numerous people who were genuinely surprised that the had to take laptops out of their bags, take off shoes and generally do every single thing that they were told 20-30 times while they were in the queue. Sigh

Does my head in. There are recorded announcements at some airports, repeating the instructions, and still it goes on. Big surprise, have to remove belt etc, 'oh the toiletries have to be in a clear plastic bag'. Yep, that's what all those signs were about, as you approached...

Then you have the person who cant understand the 100ml rule, as he/she wants to bring through cans or bottles of alcohol.
    I saw about a month ago, one passenger tell another to get a move on or leave, as there was an argument over a six pack of Budweiser, security wouldnt let it though so this guy decided he wanted a debate, much to the detriment of everyone else.. then it snowballed, to the point of the passenger meeting supervisors, with threat of police.. as everyone queueing behind anxious to just get moving...security have more patience then i give them credit for...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

chrysagon wrote: »
    On a related, but different theme; people queuing to board the plane 10 or 15 minutes before the boarding actually commences. On a flight with allocated seats. Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

My bus Eireann Dublin ballina is delayed. Late late aving busaras

gugleguy wrote: »
    My bus Eireann Dublin ballina is delayed. Late late aving busaras

Look on the bright side, you wont have to spend as much time in Ballina..

Kidding:D

maybe they think to queue means pre-board..to board before you board..travel always one way of finding out wheter u like or loathe folk then to travel with them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

I don’t care anybody travelling thru Athlone station. My bus is rest stopping at Longford. I’m not staying in Ballina either. I’m going just over the Mayo border into County Sligo. So There.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

gugleguy wrote: »
    I don’t care anybody travelling thru Athlone station. My bus is rest stopping at Longford. I’m not staying in Ballina either. I’m going just over the Mayo border into County Sligo. So There.;)

Ah jaysus, travelling through Athlone and rest stopping in Longford? FFS. All you need now is to detour to Mullingar or somewhere in Cavan. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Isn't it annoying when people phrase their opinions as questions?

Some recent examples from AH:
    • Do Irish people say 'sorry' too much?
    • Is the Irish Independent the most right wing paper in the country?
    I get the sense that phrasing the question in that way is an attempt to sway opinion, or at least get people to care about an issue that no-one would otherwise care about.

If you ask me whether Irish people say 'sorry' too much, my answer is "meh". Don't know, don't care, don't care that you appear to care. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »
    Isn't it annoying when people phrase their opinions as questions?

Some recent examples from AH:
      * Do Irish people say 'sorry' too much? * Is the Irish Independent the most right wing paper in the country?
    I get the sense that phrasing the question in that way is an attempt to sway opinion, or at least get people to care about an issue that no-one would otherwise care about.

If you ask me whether Irish people say 'sorry' too much, my answer is "meh". Don't know, don't care, dont' care that you appear to care. :cool:

If you don't care that's fine but I'ma post what I like anyways, so there. :mad:

And, I'm not even sorry.

The way donegal players fall to the ground is annoying me!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

blueser wrote: »
    On a related, but different theme; people queuing to board the plane 10 or 15 minutes before the boarding actually commences. On a flight with allocated seats. Why?

And on arrival, they are standing up long long before they are going to be able to get off the plane. Why why why.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

LynnGrace wrote: »
    And on arrival, they are standing up long long before they are going to be able to get off the plane. Why why why.
    Similar thing to the sheeple who, having practically wet themselves to get through the boarding gate, and out onto the tarmac (no airbridge) there's a big queue to get up the steps to the aircraft. A few times, it's been chucking it down so I stand in out of the rain until the queue up to the aircraft door is clear. TWICE people have barged by me, all angry like, to go and queue in the pouring rain. I console myself by thinking they'll probably get a cold, maybe even the flu, and we'll be on our seperate ways before their symptoms manifest.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Waking up in the middle of the night with itchy ears and no cotton buds in sight

Idiots on roundabouts that go into left lane to take third exit and don't indicate

Sticky Scrotum

Inconsiderate **** that don't say thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

When people call their children Irish names but can't pronounce them properly.
    Siobhan- ends up something like Shivan.
    Sean- ends up something like Shan.
    I have an English friend who's sister has an Irish name. I just want to correct her every time she says it. :) Also heard pronounced wrong in American programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Hard Rock Cafe in Temple bar , it looks like a ****ehole but it's a magnet for Italian and spanish youth to get their pic outside , I know hard rock cafés were " all the rage " 20 yrs ago but now ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

People always seem to want to touch me. Whether it is a hug or a hand on my arm (or where ever). It happens every darn time I go out.

Get yer damn hands off me people!!

People always seem to want to touch me. Whether it is a hug or a hand on my arm (or where ever). It happens every darn time I go out.

Get yer damn hands off me people!!

Lizzie, I never knew you were MC Hammer!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

Lizzie, I never knew you were MC Hammer!!!

LOL. I used to do that 'dance' back in the day during dance classes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement