Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭berrygood

Czarcasm wrote: »
    See the hyphen in between the colons and the bracket above? Drop that out ;)

/good deed for the day, and this :-D becomes this :D

Thanks.... gonna try that now

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

berrygood wrote: »
    Thanks.... gonna try that now

:)

There ya go. :)

There ya go. :)

Wax on, wax off..... I shall learn the ways of the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

It's just like riding a bike. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Yeah like hiding your phone when on boards :p

• Advertisement

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Yeah like hiding your phone when on boards :p

Ha! I'll do a perimeter scan in future! :)

Vindictive people.

They wear me out with their petty nitpicking and small minds.

Actually that's not trivially annoying, that's massively annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Child actors and singers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Cheap zips on jeans, especially when you first zip up a fresh pair of jeans and you're afraid to pull the zip too hard in case you bust it.

Cheap zips on jeans, especially when you first zip up a fresh pair of jeans and you're afraid to pull the zip too hard in case you bust it.

Especially when the zip jams and you're in need of the loo. Oh the panic!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Especially when the zip jams and you're in need of the loo. Oh the panic!!

I don't have to worry too much about that. All the fecking jeans are hipster jeans so I just pull them up and down without unzipping once I've pulled them on the first time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I wear trousers with zips now, but when I used wear jeans (Levis, weren't cheap, just cheaply made!), the zips were forever bursting on me, until I discovered button flies! At least you can button them back up when they pop :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

The universe is out to get me, it's not even funny. I had the ****tiest Friday ever. :(

I don't have to worry too much about that. All the fecking jeans are hipster jeans so I just pull them up and down without unzipping once I've pulled them on the first time :D

Huggies pull-ups for adults, now that's handy! :D

The universe is out to get me, it's not even funny. I had the ****tiest Friday ever. :(

Ah that's terrible. Tell all about it, a problem shared is a problem halved etc. :)

Hugs better :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Candie wrote: »
    Ah that's terrible. Tell all about it, a problem shared is a problem halved etc. :)

Hugs better :)

Do you ever have one of those days where everything that could go wrong, goes wrong?

I was up at half 5 because I had an exam and a presentation and was trying to do some last minute cramming, so it was never going to be a good day. I'm so toyered. :(

I don't like spiders, they terrfiy me. If they keep to themselves and stick to their own little corners, it's all fine and dandy. I got into the shower this morning and spotted this big mutha****a in the corner of the bathroom. I kept saying to myself 'Be grand, he'll just chill there, I'll stay here, it's all cool'.
    But of course, no, the spider was all like 'Oh hai, I see you're in the shower, I think I want to be in the shower too. Do you mind if I join you? Just hold on a second and I'll run over to you with my big long hairy dangly legs. I literally won't be a second. BOO! Honey, I'm hoooommmmeee. Loookkk at us showering together, we soooo coo'. ' :mad: I never got to condition my hair.

And day just got progressively worse....
    Left the house without my notes and had to go back for them. Just about got to college and bam, fcuking flat tyre!!

Exam was a total and utter fcuking disaster. I don't know what the lecturer was thinking but he threw in some stuff not in the notes or in any extra reading recommendations. Why would you do that? Why? :mad: Oh and total changed the format of the exam from previous years.

Halfway through the day I broke my shoe. Whole bottom fell out of the shoe and then the heel broke off. And then it fcuking rained heavily and my foot got soaked. Stupid broken shoe, stupid rain. Grrr.

I changed my wheel anyway, but my spare is facked and I'm supposed to be driving to Wicklow tomorrow so I was trying to get to the garage before it closed at 6. I swear to god, every single traffic light on the way home went red on approach. The fcuk??!! And it seemed there was a higher level of morons on the road then normal. I didn't make it in time. :( So now I'ma have to get up early tomorrow and hopefully get the puncture fixed.

Fcuk you Universe. :mad:

Today is just over Christy. Tomorrow will be better. I promise.

Do you ever have one of those days where everything that could go wrong, goes wrong?

I was up at half 5 because I had an exam and a presentation and was trying to do some last minute cramming, so it was never going to be a good day. I'm so toyered. :(

I don't like spiders, they terrfiy me. If they keep to themselves and stick to their own little corners, it's all fine and dandy. I got into the shower this morning and spotted this big mutha****a in the corner of the bathroom. I kept saying to myself 'Be grand, he'll just chill there, I'll stay here, it's all cool'.
    But of course, no, the spider was all like 'Oh hai, I see you're in the shower, I think I want to be in the shower too. Do you mind if I join you? Just hold on a second and I'll run over to you with my big long hairy dangly legs. I literally won't be a second. BOO! Honey, I'm hoooommmmeee. Loookkk at us showering together, we soooo coo'. ' :mad: I never got to condition my hair.

And day just got progressively worse....
    Left the house without my notes and had to go back for them. Just about got to college and bam, fcuking flat tyre!!

Exam was a total and utter fcuking disaster. I don't know what the lecturer was thinking but he threw in some stuff not in the notes or in any extra reading recommendations. Why would you do that? Why? :mad: Oh and total changed the format of the exam from previous years.

Halfway through the day I broke my shoe. Whole bottom fell out of the shoe and then the heel broke off. And then it fcuking rained heavily and my foot got soaked. Stupid broken shoe, stupid rain. Grrr.

I changed my wheel anyway, but my spare is facked and I'm supposed to be driving to Wicklow tomorrow so I was trying to get to the garage before it closed at 6. I swear to god, every single traffic light on the way home went red on approach. The fcuk??!! And it seemed there was a higher level of morons on the road then normal. I didn't make it in time. :( So now I'ma have to get up early tomorrow and hopefully get the puncture fixed.

Fcuk you Universe. :mad:

Poor Christy :( That was a very bad day.

Get yourself a nice big mug of hot chocolate or horlicks, get yourself into a nice warm bed and watch a movie or surf for a while and have a nice long sleep.

Everything will look a bit better in the morning and everything looks better after a sleep anyway.

Tomorrow will definitely be better than today, I promise. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I wear trousers with zips now, but when I used wear jeans (Levis, weren't cheap, just cheaply made!), the zips were forever bursting on me, until I discovered button flies! At least you can button them back up when they pop :o
    You know those rings for house / car keys? Put the ring through hole of the zip puller, pull your jeans and zip up, and then loop the ring over the button; then button up your jeans. The ring will keep your zip up.

Maybe I should share this with that bloke from Skerries who jammed his Jolly Roger

When it takes you so long to type your reply that your session logs out. Of course, you're not made aware of this until you hit the reply button and by that time it's too late. You've lost your reply!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Conductors of orchestras, I mean wtf, waving and jumping about, not hardly a one looking at him, they are all reading sheet music, WHY ARE YOU THERE? Usually hairy geeky looking feckers too. Makes me want to pull my toenails out with pliers and then dip them in vinegar, failing that I just turn over the station. But it really upsets my day.

caustic 1 wrote: »
    Conductors of orchestras, I mean wtf, waving and jumping about, not hardly a one looking at him, they are all reading sheet music, WHY ARE YOU THERE? Usually hairy geeky looking feckers too. Makes me want to pull my toenails out with pliers and then dip them in vinegar, failing that I just turn over the station. But it really upsets my day.

http://theweek.com/article/index/236940/do-orchestras-really-need-conductors

Conductors explained via mathematical modelling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Candie wrote: »

Thank you. :D

Still think there is no need for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Christy sorry to hear about your shïty day! There was something up with spiders today as well! Weird... Anyway, sending some good vibes and a virtual hug your way, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Having to get denture cleansing tablets out of the tube when they've rotated inside the tube.
    Sorry mam, you're gonna have to brush your dentures twice in the morning.

Frito wrote: »
    Having to get denture cleansing tablets out of the tube when they've rotated inside the tube.
    Sorry mam, you're gonna have to brush your dentures twice in the morning.

Are they like a tube of smarties that when you've eaten all the smarties you can play Chinese finger puzzle?

Well, basically you shove your finger in one end and push the tablet up the tube and out the top :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When you say you don't like something (Jazz music, science fiction, certain foods, for example), and people respond with "Oh that's just because you haven't experienced the right piece of music/SF book/perfectly cooked steak."

No it isn't. F**k off.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Are they like a tube of smarties that when you've eaten all the smarties you can play Chinese finger puzzle?

Well, basically you shove your finger in one end and push the tablet up the tube and out the top :)

Nah they're plastic tubes. I think they're gonna be the death of me Czarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

My car keeps giving me electric shocks!!! Like I need another reason to hate it!
    I *hate* that. Hate it. But I think I've found a way to stop it happening. Before getting out of the car, open the door (vitally important :p ) and hold on to the metal door frame. Then, without letting go of the frame, put your foot on the ground. This should work because now the electricity is discharged from you through the car. However, I get such bad shocks that, in addition to the above, I also tip the door with the metal tip of the key before I close it.

This never used to happen to me when we owned that piece of shít Renault Megane but when we switched to the Honda Civic, zzzzzzaaaapp! This little smiley dude kinda resembles my hair after I touched it. :confused: It's a total hoor of a car for shocks.

I actually saw the electricity arc from my finger to the car one time. Now I know why Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars was all Dark Side and cranky. That shít hurts, man.
    eisenberg1 wrote: »
    One of the problems I have, when walking the dogs on a beach, and one takes a dump, I bag it, but there never seems to be any bin to put it in ( at least where I go) so you are left walking a round with a bag of crap, and no, I am not one of the dog**** bag dumpers.
    You need to get this or this or an equivalent (eBay has lots). I don't know why more people don't use these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Starrseed

People.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement