Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools Cup 2014/2015 *mod warning post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Hagz wrote: »
    Some pics of the Leinster u19 v Exile game
    http://www.insportphotography.com/f551344094

Only faces I recognise: James Ryan, Max Deegan, Matthew Gilsenan, Hugo Keane, John Molony, Hugo Keenan, Conor Frawley, William Connors and Terry Kennedy.
    Andrew Feeney (Youths Suttonians) is involved in squad as well I think.

Connacht schools league fixtures are up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Mary's have done nothing in recent years that is why they are overlooked.7 years ago they had a good go to a final with a nice draw. They are a small school and are struggling against the bigger numbers schools. Roscrea and newbridge and possibly castleknock(who beat them last time they met in cup) have all overtaken them.
    Should enter the league but pride seems to be stopping them.

Don't know much about the Mary's setup but they must have gone seriously wrong somewhere, similar numbers to Michaels with consistently much worse teams. I remember hearing they got a new director of rugby in last year so maybe they're taking steps in the right direction but it's been a very disappointing decade for the school.

Think Belvo aren't being given as much credit as they deserve, the fifth and fourth years are quality and I can see a bit of a rivalry developing between themselves and Blackrock in the coming years.

Michaels have the most star power and I do think they'll win, but it won't be as straightforward as it was for this group in the Junior Cup when they were much bigger than any of the teams they came up against. I remember back in 2013 Terenure were hot favourites after their domination of the Junior Cup and they didn't even make the semis. On paper their team probably should have won but you really never know in schools rugby. If you come across a bigger and stronger pack and don't play to the best of your ability it's anyone's game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭OceanSixteen

Jordan Larmour, Dave Duggan, Brian Egan & Alan Tynan scored the tries in the Leinster U18 Schools vs Bedford Blues. Tim Foley converted all 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Only one change to the u18 schools XV to play Northampton Saints, with Tim Carroll coming in for Alan Tynan.

Leinster U18 Schools beat Northampton 39-0

• Advertisement

You'd think Leinster would be eager to report on the schools side putting up a 39-0 score against Northampton, but alas there's nothing. It's not even acknowledged on their twitter account.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭specttator

You'd think Leinster would be eager to report on the schools side putting up a 39-0 score against Northampton, but alas there's nothing. It's not even acknowledged on their twitter account.

I can't understand the lack of comment for all age groups, not a single word to date on u20s.

They never have covered warm ups in much detail. Munster only really started to do a lot of coverage after the move of the 2 under 18 sides, the 19s and 20s to the camp in Rockwell
    specttator wrote: »
    I can't understand the lack of comment for all age groups, not a single word to date on u20s.
    They always have had not a high level of comment and then in September just about cover the games played.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Rugby_Man5

Marys have had 2 bad years in ten not a bad decade and michaels have 25 more a year while investing loads into rugby. Marys have a new director of rugby and new head coach and are coming back to full strength in id say a year. People are way to quick to forget that quality comes in waves for the smaller schools like marys and monkstown

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rebel _666

Munster u18 Schools beat Connacht 45-7 today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Turns out Tim Schmidt is still in school and will be playing SCT again this year. He is benching for the Leinster U20's tomorrow. So Terenure do have provincial representation this year after all.:)

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Turns out Tim Schmidt is still in school and will be playing SCT again this year. He is benching for the Leinster U20's tomorrow. So Terenure do have provincial representation this year after all.:)

Don't think you're right there. Unless you can repeat and still play SCT rugby.

Don't think you're right there. Unless you can repeat and still play SCT rugby.

http://www.tcrfc.ie/index.php/terenure-lads-in-action-for-leinster/

Oh, I was under the impression that you couldn't repeat your leaving cert and play SCT rugby.

Oh, I was under the impression that you couldn't repeat your leaving cert and play SCT rugby.

Am not sure it's right TBH but who knows. Maybe his old man pulled a few strings..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Haha,tell victor costello!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DonnellysArm

I believe he could if he was still 17 on the July 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Snegg

I know for a fact that you can repeat your leaving and play Senior Cup rugby, as long as you're still underage.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭spillit67

Paddy Brophy of Michaels did it in 2007 (he was underage). Another Michaels player Shanley did it the year before.

Artemiev did it as well. Those are just front recent years off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭spillit67

Rugby_Man5 wrote: »
    Marys have had 2 bad years in ten not a bad decade and michaels have 25 more a year while investing loads into rugby. Marys have a new director of rugby and new head coach and are coming back to full strength in id say a year. People are way to quick to forget that quality comes in waves for the smaller schools like marys and monkstown

Part of the problem is numbers alright but there's been a lack of cohesion in those schools with regards to overall coaching. Lots of great people and coaches involved over the years but not a lot of tenure. Obviously Blackrock get away with it due to their numbers. Michaels aren't that much bigger but are consistent now. They have gone from a laughing stock (given their supposed ranking when they had never won it 10 years ago) to the best all round in Leinster. Hopefully other schools can get to that level - their model is the one the Marys, Gonzaga, CBCs (i.e. day boy schools with 70/80/90 pupils per year) should aspire to rather than the boarding schools like Roscrea/Clongowes or large schools like Blackrock or Belvo.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 9 SillySimon

Schools versus Clubs 2moro..

sides just announced.

Schools versus Clubs tomorrow..

Leinster U18 Schools;

15 Tim Carroll Cistercian College, Roscrea (Captain)
    14 James McKeown Belvedere College S.J.
    13 Alan Tynan Cistercian College, Roscrea
    12 Jack Kelly St. Michael's College
    11 Jordan Larmour St. Andrew's College
    10 Conor Dean Blackrock College
    9 David Duggan St. Michael's College
    1 Emmet Burns Blackrock College
    2 Conor Johnson Newbridge College
    3 Richard Mouatt Blackrock College
    4 Aaron Browne Cistercian College, Roscrea
    5 Brian Egan Belvedere College S.J.
    6 Oisin Dowling St. Michael's College
    7 Caelan Dorris Blackrock College
    8 Barry Fitzpatrick St. Michael's College

Replacements;

16 Daniel McCaffrey Belvedere College S.J.
    17 Gavin Murray Castleknock College
    18 Rory Mulvihill St. Michael's College
    19 William Fay C.B.C. Monkstown
    20 Matthew Keane Cistercian College, Roscrea
    21 Hugh O'Sullivan Belvedere College S.J.
    22 Conor Jennings Belvedere College S.J.
    23 Barry Goulding Gonzaga College S.J.

Reserves to Travel;

24 Gary Fearon St. Andrew's College
    25 Anu Awonusi Kilkenny College

Leinster U18 Clubs;

15. Conor Nash Navan RFC
    14. Ben McEntagart Navan RFC
    13. Peter Howard Cill Dara RFC
    12. Aiden McDonald Kilkenny RFC
    11. Chris Maloney Birr RFC
    10. Ciaran Frawley Skerries RFC
    9. Darragh Sweeney Malahide RFC
    1. Eoin Corcoran Longford RFC
    2. Ben Devlin Kilkenny RFC
    3. Greg McGrath Wexford Wanderers FC
    4. Joe Carley Enniscorthy RFC
    5. Jack Regan Birr RFC
    6. Conor Hand Navan) RFC
    7. Conor Farrell Navan RFC
    8. Paul Boyle Gorey RFC

Replacements;

16. Conor Maguire Boyne RFC
    17. Stephan McGivern Dundalk RFC
    18. Jack Aungier Suttonians RFC
    19. Kevin Dolan DLSP FC
    20. Ruadhan McDonnell Longford RFC
    21. Christian Byrne Navan RFC
    22. Sean O'Brien Mullingar RFC
    23. Shane Walshe Navan RFC

• Site Banned Posts: 9 SillySimon

Aaron Browne is an ex youth who just moved to roscrea..

No Tim Foley for the schools is a loss, very talented lad.

Conor Nash for clubs is a serious impressive lad for an under-17

SillySimon wrote: »
    Conor Nash for clubs is a serious impressive lad for an under-17

He looks tall enough to play lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rughug

He looks tall enough to play lock.

Any word on that Clubs v Schools game today.

rughug wrote: »
    Any word on that Clubs v Schools game today.
    Schools won 26-12

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 frankiea87

Some really talented youths this year for leinster. Gap is closing.

Tim Carroll x2, Jordan Larmour & Conor Jennings scored the 4 tries for the U18 Schools

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 frankiea87

Tim Carroll x2, Jordan Larmour & Conor Jennings scored the 4 tries for the U18 Schools

Larmour is a very impressive player

• Advertisement

Leinster U18 Schools play Languedoc today in Wanderers at 3:30

Advertisement