Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools Cup 2014/2015 *mod warning post 1*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

fox_1973 wrote: »
    http://www.clongowes.eu/live-rugby-feed/ results and tables for all games

Blackrock v St.Michael's final.

Michael's win the bowl beating Blackrock 3-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Hagz wrote: »
    That was cup final no?
    Castleknock and Marys in Plate final, no idea who won and Newbridge and Rockwell in Shield final.

That was cup final no?
    Castleknock and Marys in Plate final, no idea who won and Newbridge and Rockwell in Shield final.

Yeah, I just meant bowl as in mini tournament.

Newbridge won the Shield.
    Castleknock won the Plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭FR2

Hagz wrote: »

Can we gauge anything from these games. Didn't go but spoke with a few who did. They said there were some great games but too short.

• Advertisement

FR2 wrote: »
    Can we gauge anything from these games. Didn't go but spoke with a few who did. They said there were some great games but too short.
    Not really. Wouldn't say the games were too short you would have had to cut down numbers competing and reduced number of games for games to be longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Lads any Munster heads have a link to Junior Cup fixtures? Can't find them anywhere..

Lads any Munster heads have a link to Junior Cup fixtures? Can't find them anywhere..
    The Munster website on domestic page under fixtures/results has the qualifier draw for Junior and Senior Cup
    The draws for the main competitions are next month according to the schools website. Google munster schools rugby and you'll find the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

The Munster website on domestic page under fixtures/results has the qualifier draw for Junior and Senior Cup
    The draws for the main competitions are next month according to the schools website. Google munster schools rugby and you'll find the website

Ok, thanks.

McMullen starts Tuesday. 2 Qualifiers from it qualify for Vinnie Murray
    Gorey, Tullow, Naas, St Fintans are likely to be close enough in terms of qualifying for Vinnie Murray..

Some good friendlies this weekend as well....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Bennyk77

Any more info on Friendlies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭OceanSixteen

Blackrock beat Pres Cork 49-3
    Michaels beat Belvo 22-16

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seanl90

Top 4 teams are clearly: Michaels, Blackrock, Belvo & Clongowes.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭FR2

seanl90 wrote: »
    Top 4 teams are clearly: Michaels, Blackrock, Belvo & Clongowes.

Big gap between Clongowes and the top 2 of Rock and Michaels. Think its down to these two. Have they played yet? Haven't seen belvo yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jcourtney2000

Junior cup Quater finals on wensday. Gonzaga v st Gerards
    Kh v Kilkenny
    Roscrea v Castlenock
    Newbridge v Pres Brey

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jcourtney2000

junior league i meant sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rughug

junior league i meant sorry

Any word on senior league quarter final match ups ???

rughug wrote: »
    Any word on senior league quarter final match ups ???
    Look up the table's yourself on Leinster website as last of the group games were played today and the table's should be updated with all results and you can figure out who will play who

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rughug

Look up the table's yourself on Leinster website as last of the group games were played today and the table's should be updated with all results and you can figure out who will play who

Sorry Lost Sheep....can u tell me what site. I find it difficult to locate it.....im a bit thick !!. Can u give me a direct link.

rughug wrote: »
    Sorry Lost Sheep....can u tell me what site. I find it difficult to locate it.....im a bit thick !!. Can u give me a direct link.
    The Leinster Rugby website. Google Leinster Rugby and look on the domestic site under fixtures/results. Not that difficult to find

Interesting to see Glenstal won Limerick Senior Schools City Cup beating Crescent 22-14. Glenstal could be close to getting a first SSC this season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Michaels beat rock 15-14 on Saturday. Huge crowd, great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ZagaZaga

funtime93 wrote: »
    Michaels beat rock 15-14 on Saturday. Huge crowd, great game.

any idea on blackrocks starting team?

Micheals
    1. Robert Duffy
    2. Gavin Barrett
    3. Rory Mulvihill
    4. Oisin Dowling
    5. James Ryan
    6. Barry Fitzpatrick
    7. Gavin Croke
    8. Max Deegan
    9. Dave Duggan
    10. Robin Cosgrave
    11. Tom Molony
    12. Oisin O'Meara
    13. Jack Kelly
    14. James Hickey
    15. Micheal Heaney

Munster Cup draws made tonight

St. Clements v Bandon and winner plays Glenstal
    Schools Senior Cup 2014-15 (to take place on 27/28/29 Jan)
    St Munchins v Ard Scoil Ris, PBC Cork v Rockwell, Crescent Comp v CBC Cork, Winners of the Qualifier v Castletroy College.

St Clements v Bandon and winner plays Rockwell
    Schools Junior Cup 14-15 (to take place on 3/4/5 Feb)
    Crescent Comp v Glenstal, CBC Cork v Winners of Qualifier, St Munchins v Ard Scoil Ris, PBC Cork v Castletroy College.

Barry Cup’14-15
    A St Munchins College v CBC Cork (10/12/14), Winner A v PBC Cork
    Final - Limerick

Kidney Cup 14-15
    A Castletroy College v Ard Scoil Ris (10/12/14)
    Semi-Final PBC Cork v CBC Cork, Winners A v Crescent CC.
    Final - Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭otbrugby

Seen these on twitter.

Leinster JCT League Semifinals tomorrow:
    Gonzaga vs Roscrea
    Kings Hospital vs Castleknock

Leinster SCT League Quarterfinals tomorrow:
    1. CUS vs Wesley
    2. Roscrea vs CBC
    3. Gonzaga vs St. Andrews
    4. Newbridge vs Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Clements beat bandon grammar in both senior and junior cups so will he going through. Seniors face glenstal next round I think .

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

Any chance of a separate thread for the Leinster school's cup?

Putinovsky wrote: »
    Why not simply discuss the cups here?

Any results from the qf league games played today?
    @Risteard good wins for Clements. Limerick underage still a mess but getting their act together in some ways. Hopefully the clubs can get some more strong teams competing at tail end of youths competitions. Young Munster and Waterpark have u16s sides as good as any ive seen in a long time and would put it up to any side at 16s/Junior Cup level. Many of YMs players will be playing JC for schools across Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭otbrugby

Putinovsky wrote: »

why there is barely any talk about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Why not simply discuss the cups here?

Any results from the qf league games played today?
    @Risteard good wins for Clements. Limerick underage still a mess but getting their act together in some ways. Hopefully the clubs can get some more strong teams competing at tail end of youths competitions. Young Munster and Waterpark have u16s sides as good as any ive seen in a long time and would put it up to any side at 16s/Junior Cup level. Many of YMs players will be playing JC for schools across Limerick

Clements best chance I think. They've been doing well since first year beating a number of A schools. There's a gym in the school now so I'd imagine there's plenty of opportunity to develop physically. Heard they were training during the summer as well. Would be good to have a new school break in but you have to hark back to Foley's comments earlier if the spread of talent in Limerick is too thin. (albeit that was in relation to senior clubs rather than schools)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

otbrugby wrote: »
    why there is barely any talk about it?

Not yet but once it kicks off there will be. It's just annoying trying to traverse through this thread and reading what's relevant to the Leinster cup and whats not. I reckon the Leinster cup could justify its own thread whereas the other cups dont generate the same discussion.

Advertisement