Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-season Friendlies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

You'd hope so, I'm sure if he isn't added over the weekend then a quick lobby email should sort it out :D

In saying that when I was looking at him a few weeks back I thought he'd be added then. I might just go with Ward for security of starts though.

Kyle Bartley starting could open up another 4.0 option if Chico leaves but surely Monk knows they'll need a CB

Bartley is a decent player but after today's result you would assume he'll definitely buy a centre back if Chico goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Bardsley is a right back and is not playing instead of Pieters, Muniesa is and he is highly rated. I think Begovic is the best route into the stoke defence at the moment.

Ya tempted to go De Gea and Pieters to Evans and Begovic now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm still going with Pieters. I've a mate who's a Stoke fan and he seems to think he the line up from the previous game is the preferred 11. Huth has to come back into the fold at some point, but may not start the first game. Sounds like Pieters is a safe bet anyway. He also said Cameron and Wilson were signed with midfield positions in mind, which I wasn't aware of. They might end up playing OOP which could work out brilliantly for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Bartley is a decent player but after today's result you would assume he'll definitely buy a centre back if Chico goes.
    Chico is a done deal: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28655286

I might need a second 4.0m defender after Liam Moore and am thinking Bartley currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The defenders uncertainty ruins my plan.

If Begovic didn't cost only 0.5 less than DeGea he would be an option. I can't justify spending that much on Stoke defence though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Chico is a done deal: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28655286

I might need a second 4.0m defender after Liam Moore and am thinking Bartley currently.

He'll definitely be the best 4m option and I'll be picking him too unless they buy a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

roryc wrote: »
    I'm still going with Pieters. I've a mate who's a Stoke fan and he seems to think he the line up from the previous game is the preferred 11. Huth has to come back into the fold at some point, but may not start the first game. Sounds like Pieters is a safe bet anyway. He also said Cameron and Wilson were signed with midfield positions in mind, which I wasn't aware of. They might end up playing OOP which could work out brilliantly for us.

Same, been speaking to my mate from Stoke and he's convinced Pieters is first choice

Adebayor scored for Spurs, another for the watchlist, 8.5 currently but not sure I'll start the season with him

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Ned Walsh

He'll definitely be the best 4m option and I'll be picking him too unless they buy a replacement.

They nearly have. Fernandez is set to join from Napoli. Will defo start

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

8-10 wrote: »
    Same, been speaking to my mate from Stoke and he's convinced Pieters is first choice

What would your mate reckon on Wilson. IsIs it likely he'll start the first few games even?

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    What would your mate reckon on Wilson. IsIs it likely he'll start the first few games even?

Probably won't see him again until after the season starts to ask, will facebook the question though and see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

8-10 wrote: »
    Adebayor scored for Spurs, another for the watchlist, 8.5 currently but not sure I'll start the season with him

Who takes penalties for Spurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

djPSB wrote: »
    Who takes penalties for Spurs?

Soldado relies on penalties to feed his children

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sturridge can and Lovren all start for Liverpool today. Manquillo starts at rb.

Sturridge can and Lovren all start for Liverpool today. Manquillo starts at rb.

I'd be very surprised if the starting lineup next week is different to the one today. Glen Johnson at left back

Nice finish by Studge

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lovren and Sturridge bandwagons gathering speed :p

manual_man wrote: »
    Lovren and Sturridge bandwagons gathering speed :p
    I'll be looking to get Studge in somehow GW4. If Liverpool don't do the business against Southampton I can see their players losing value through their next two fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

: Krul; Janmaat, Williamson, Coloccini (c), Haidara; Sissoko, Anita, Colback, Gouffran; Cabella; Riviere

Newcastle ljne up....I'd say thats the back 4 for next week. No 4m cheapies there as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Coutinho anyone? good goal - 3-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Are Dortmond that bad now?

4-0 Henderson... good assist by Sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

thewools wrote: »
    Are Dortmond that bad now?

4-0 Henderson... good assist by Sturridge

They've a bad team out today.

Missing Hummels Subotic Weidenfeller Sahin Bender Gundogan Reus Durm & probably some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Caballero, Clichy, Boyata, Nastasic, Kolarov, Navas, Fernando, Toure (c), Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko.

Szczesny; Debuchy, Koscielny, Chambers, Gibbs; Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Cazorla; Sanogo.

A Sanogoal today could see him starting next week over Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I see a good City win coming here and if so, it's going to cause a big shake up.

Can see a lot of Sanchez picks being swapped over to Yaya (Toure ;)).
    And can see the potential for a massive pre season bandwagon on the likes of Navas (1.4%) or Jovetic with steady rises for Silva & Nasri.
    All based on the assumption that City will win well with a few goals banged in obv.

A high % of players may choose to ignore City's difficult fixtures.... Or rather than ignore, may just remember that a difficult fixture didn't count for much last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Cazorla goal. Wilshere assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

ramsey goal.........
    sanogo assisy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Any website to see line-ups for friendlies?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

What a classy goal by Ramsey. Sanchez has been a bit wasteful with the ball IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

km79 wrote: »
    ramsey goal.........
    sanogo assisy

Bit harsh on Sanogo. Just because he uses moisturiser.... ;)

Advertisement