Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-season Friendlies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

8-10 wrote: »
    Eh this isn't the PL!

Did he take one v City the other night?

I meant a PL club;)

Surprising, regardless of the importance (or lack thereof) of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It's pre-season so shouldn't count as a career stat

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Anybody see the spurs game last night? Lamela v Erikson?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Strong Arsenal lineup to face Monaco. Alexis gets his first start:

.@Arsenal team v Monaco: Szczesny, Debuchy, Koscielny, Chambers, Monreal, Wilshere, Arteta, Alexis, Ramsey, Cazorla, Giroud #AFCvMON

Strangely a few players who started the match yesterday, start again today (including Rambo - don't crock him Wenger :eek:)

Also: Chelsea team to play Werder Bremen: Courtois, Azpi, Zouma, Terry (c), Luis, Van Ginkel, Matic, Salah, Fabregas, Torres, Costa.

and: Everton team (to play FC Porto): Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Alcaraz, McGeady, Naismith, Barry, Barkley, Osman (c), Pienaar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

manual_man wrote: »
    Strong Arsenal lineup to face Monaco. Alexis gets his first start:

.@Arsenal team v Monaco: Szczesny, Debuchy, Koscielny, Chambers, Monreal, Wilshere, Arteta, Alexis, Ramsey, Cazorla, Giroud #AFCvMON

Strangely a few players who started the match yesterday, start again today (including Rambo - don't crock him Wenger :eek:)

That the first choice mid and attack for opening day you think?

We also have the community shield game to give an indication I think but I reckon that front 6 could be the 6 v Palace

8-10 wrote: »
    That the first choice mid and attack for opening day you think?

We also have the community shield game to give an indication I think but I reckon that front 6 could be the 6 v Palace

Think you're right. GW2 probably Ozil for Cazorla

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

manual_man wrote: »
    Think you're right. GW2 probably Ozil for Cazorla

Ozil for wilshere and Ramsey back to play alongside Arteta would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Concede a peno please Monaco.
    Wouldn't mind seeing the taker... Or do we know who'll be on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »
    Concede a peno please Monaco.
    Wouldn't mind seeing the taker... Or do we know who'll be on them?

arteta

• Advertisement

arteta

Mmmmh, was hoping he would be displaced as I'm looking at that 5.5 more than I should.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Has Hazard played at all yet in pre-season?

Think he only came back from holidays during the week so no I don't think he's played yet maybe today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

He will probably get the last 25-30 mins today against Werder Bremen.
    The Belgian players only joined up with squad on Tuesday.
    Courtois only played the first 45 mins today.

Edit: Hazard on now v Werder Bremen (57 min gone).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fabregas played in the no 10 role again with van ginkel and mikel playing a half each in the pivot beside Matic.

Matic, van Ginkel/Mikel
    Oscar, Fab, Hazard
    Costa

Go on Jose, you know it makes sense son.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

roryc wrote: »

Huh? Who's a spanner? Was there a spanner in the works?

I already knew the Daily Mail were spanners though :pac:

For Sanchez, there were no such concerns, the Chilean a ball of energy and movement. His passing is occasionally fantastic; his work rate frantic.
    At various stages he rotated through Arsenal’s attacking positions and was probably their most dangerous player in each, certainly in the middle. After 10 minutes, his 40-yard cross-field pass was half a yard away from putting Olivier Giroud clean through.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

The spanner is that I'm putting a lot of faith in the Arsenal/Chelsea backline! I am loving the Sanchez and Giroud link up play though. Sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Fabregas played in the no 10 role again with van ginkel and mikel playing a half each in the pivot beside Matic.

Matic, van Ginkel/Mikel
    Oscar, Fab, Hazard
    Costa

Go on Jose, you know it makes sense son.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/jose-mourinho-concerned-world-cup-stars-will-not-be-ready-for-chelseas-premier-league-campaign-9646451.html

He should play that role against Burnley then

• Advertisement

Oscar Ramires Willian & Schurrle all return to training today so no point reading too much into where Fabregas played imo.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Oscar Ramires Willian & Schurrle all return to training today so no point reading too much into where Fabregas played imo.

Mourinhos take on it from ESPN via FFS.
    “In this moment without Oscar and Willian, players who have more conditions to play as our No.10, we are using Cesc as a No.10. I also see him as a player who can play [deeper] in a pivot role. I see him as somebody who thinks football faster than the majority of the players. He is the kind of player we need in our midfield to bring us to a different dimension. The ball possession, the speed of the circulation, the decisive pass. He has everything.”

Seems likely to play deeper but may they may change it up a bit....

Valencia just came off injured; replaced by Shaw

Rooney and Mata goals within two minutes of each other

Chico & Shaw with the assists.

The annoying this is that plenty of us spotted the potential of having the Mata/Rooney combo early in pre-season... yet when GW1 comes around every man and his dog will have them! Season needs to start already :)

The annoying this is that plenty of us spotted the potential of having the Mata/Rooney combo early in pre-season... yet when GW1 comes around every man and his dog will have them! Season needs to start already :)

Really?
    My dog (I don't have a dog) would have been picking Mata & Rooney.
    I don't see what we learned in pre season that we didn't know before....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Really?

Mata's ownership is only 18% at present - watch it rise steadily, as it has recently.

Really?

I originally had RVP and Silva in mind. Seeing Rooney and Mata link up well in their first game (without RVP) immediately made me switch, as I always planned on having two or three United players due to their fixtures. Unfortunately making the switch last week was of no benefit, because despite being right about them being a good pairing (as many others on the forum were) it makes no difference. The more it becomes publicised how well they are doing, the more casual players are likely to pick them for GW1. Its almost a curse that the game opens a month before GW1!

• Advertisement

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Mata's ownership is only 18% at present - watch it rise steadily, as it has recently.

I think 18% quite high all things considering. He's up there with Fab, Ramsey, Hazard in terms of ownership.

My point wasn't that everyone will have him, my point was that Mata & Rooney were always going to be an attractive pairing. We didn't just find that out over preseason.

Advertisement