Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-season Friendlies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,586 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    Lovely individual goal from Costa. Matic with another sneaky assist

You reminded me of an insane thought I had a few weeks ago that he would be a cheap way into the Chelsea midfield. 4 assists towards the end of last season and only 5.5. I know it doesn't make sense to pick defensive midfielders but is he likely to score much less than an attacking player at that price from one of the lower teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

You reminded me of an insane thought I had a few weeks ago that he would be a cheap way into the Chelsea midfield. 4 assists towards the end of last season and only 5.5. I know it doesn't make sense to pick defensive midfielders but is he likely to score much less than an attacking player at that price from one of the lower teams?

as well as a lot of extra +1's for clean sheets...

if you were to rotate him, and just play him for home games, he could just work!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Fuck... what does it mean!!!:pac::pac::pac:

Not a lot. Theyre playing two 45 minute games against two different teams, and have two full friendlies left. But it probably means Terry and Cahill are safest from rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think he'll be a great pick in the UFPL game were the scoring favours defensive mids, he's a quality all round player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

But what if you need that Chelsea slot later? I had trouble with this when I had Lucas as a filler and couldn't get in Sturridge since I also had Gerrard and Suarez

• Advertisement

But what if you need that Chelsea slot later? I had trouble with this when I had Lucas as a filler and couldn't get in Sturridge since I also had Gerrard and Suarez

Think I'm going to go with 3-5-2 and I think I'd rather go with him as 5th mid instead of going 3-4-3 and trying to pick out someone from the cheap strikers. Wouldn't be confident in any of them. At least he should play every game and chip in with the odd goal or assist as well as CS points.

Team at the minute is

De Gea
    Terry Debuchy Pieters
    Sanchez Mata Sigurdsson Eriksen Matic
    Rooney Costa

Subs: Myhill, Ward, Moore, Zamora

I'll probably have a totally different team at the end of the week the rate I'm going anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

think Bojan is coming in for me- in place of siggy.
    need some sort of risk in lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The "OMG this time next week it'll be the real 3pm line-ups" line ups

Sunderland: Pantilimon, Vergini, van Aanholt, Brown, O'Shea (c), Cattermole, Rodwell, Gomez, Mavrias, Wickham, Fletcher.

subs: Mannone, Bridcutt, N'Diaye, Altidore, Graham, Agnew, T Robson, Roberge, Watmore

____

Burnley: Heaton, Trippier, Shackell (c), Duff, Mee; Arfield, Jones, Marney, Taylor; Ings, Jutkiewicz

Subs: Gilks, Lafferty, O'Neill, Long, Anderson, Wallace, Kightly, Barnes, Sordell, Reid

____

Swansea: Fabianski, Rangel, Bartley, Williams (C), Taylor, Ki, Shelvey, Sigurdsson, Montero, Gomis, Bony

Subs: Tremmel, Richards, Tiendalli, Amat, Kingsley, Sheehan, King, Bray.

_____

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Alcaraz, Besic, Barry, McGeady, Pienaar, Barkley, Long

Subs: Joel, Naismith, Distin, McCarthy, Osman, Stones, Garbutt, McAleny, Duffy, Hope

_____

Villa: Guzan, Hutton, Baker, Senderos, Stevens, Westwood, Delph, Richardson, N'Zogbia, Agbonlahor, Weimann

Subs: Given, Vlaar, Bennett, Okore, Clark, Bacuna, El Ahmadi, Herd, Bent, Gardner, Lowton, Grealish

_____

QPR: Green; Simpson, Caulker, Ferdinand, Dunne, SWP; Barton, Faurlin, Mutch; Hoilett, Austin

Subs; Murphy, Hill, Onuoha, Henry, Phillips, Zamora, Harriman, Doughty

____

West Ham: Adrian, Reid, Cresswell, Nolan (c), Tomkins, Kouyate, Zarate, Downing, Noble, Collins, Cole

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Vaz Te, Lee, Burke, Diame, Poyet, Potts, Cullen

____

Palace: Speroni, Ward, Dann, Hangeland, Jerome Williams, Puncheon, Jedinak, Ledley, Bolasie, Chamakh, Campbell.

Subs: Hennessey, McCarthy, Mariappa, Guedioura, Bannan, Gayle, Murray.

_____
    Edit: Adding Leicester

Leicester: Schmeichel, De Laet, Konchesky, Drinkwater, Morgan (c), Hammond, King, Albrighton, Moore, Mahrez, Nugent

Subs: James, Schlupp,Taylor-Fletcher, Ulloa, Wasilewski, Wood, Hamer

I wonder will Jerome Williams be added to the Palace player list?

Has to be. Although it should be noted Delaney was left out of the squad with a minor injury.

P.S. Pantillimoon in goal sure to wreck with a few Mannone owner's heads :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,143 ✭✭✭✭km79

was just wondering the same

You'd hope so, I'm sure if he isn't added over the weekend then a quick lobby email should sort it out :D

In saying that when I was looking at him a few weeks back I thought he'd be added then. I might just go with Ward for security of starts though.

Kyle Bartley starting could open up another 4.0 option if Chico leaves but surely Monk knows they'll need a CB

You'd hope so, I'm sure if he isn't added over the weekend then a quick lobby email should sort it out :D

In saying that when I was looking at him a few weeks back I thought he'd be added then. I might just go with Ward for security of starts though.

I have Ward too so might stick with him and if Williams nails down a spot and is cheaper, it would be easy to downgrade in a few weeks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Wonder who is up top with austin for QPR as it still looks like 3 at the back. Poyet really messing with mannone owners heads there. Vlaar may not start the season either due to being so late back from world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Wonder who is up top with austin for QPR as it still looks like 3 at the back. Poyet really messing with mannone owners heads there. Vlaar may not start the season either due to being so late back from world cup.

Holiett I assume.

I think Hoilett may be either up top or just tucked in behind him in a No.10 role

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think Hoilett may be either up top or just tucked in behind him in a No.10 role

Yep. 3-5-1-1 I'd imagine.
    Green

Caulker Ferdinand Dunne

Simpson
    Wright-Phillips

Mutch----Barton
    Faurlin

Hoillet

Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,657 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wes Morgan scores for Leicester, 3rd in pre season according to official twitter account.
    Defender and 4.5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Fletcher looking like he's almost a sure thing having started the last few games and playing well, another goal today will see him secure a spot in MY team which i'm sure he will be most pleased about!:pac:

Mannone maybe not so certain for those who are opting for the Krul/Mannone rotation option in goals!

#scfc Starting XI vs Freiburg: Begovic; Bardsley, Shawcross (c), Wilson, Muniesa; Whelan, Nzonzi; Odemwingie, Ireland, Bojan; Diouf
    Substitutes vs Freiburg; Sorensen, Pieters, Huth, Arnautovic, Adam, Walters, Cameron, Sidwell, Teixeira, Crouch.

Haha, no Pieters or Huth :pac:

• Advertisement

Wickham just took and scored Sunderland's penalty

#scfc Starting XI vs Freiburg: Begovic; Bardsley, Shawcross (c), Wilson, Muniesa; Whelan, Nzonzi; Odemwingie, Ireland, Bojan; Diouf
    Substitutes vs Freiburg; Sorensen, Pieters, Huth, Arnautovic, Adam, Walters, Cameron, Sidwell, Teixeira, Crouch.

change of plan instead of krul and huth im going begovic and collocini.

Swansea lookin well dodgy in defense 3 down and a half hour still to play

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

****ing hell. On to Bardsley then so. :pac:

I can't remember the last mid-table team who had so many question marks over three of their back four starters.

Surely Pieters and Huth are better players than Wilson and Bardsley though? :confused: I'd still expect them both to start next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,143 ✭✭✭✭km79

rose left back for spurs today......Ben Davies on bench
    kaboul and dier centre back
    no vertonghen at all

• Registered Users Posts: 32,981 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Surely Pieters and Huth are better players than Wilson and Bardsley though? :confused: I'd still expect them both to start next weekend.

Reckon it's likely to be Pieters and Wilson to take those spots myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Bardsley is a right back and is not playing instead of Pieters, Muniesa is and he is highly rated. I think Begovic is the best route into the stoke defence at the moment.

jukewitz scored again for burnley today thats 6 goals in pre season and none for Ings.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure i'd fancy any Stoke def now with all that uncertainty. Had Cameron but he's out now!

Advertisement