Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-season Friendlies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Em....City Arsenal isn't a pre-season friendly, you're looking for this thread.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91623462

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

8-10 wrote: »
    Em....City Arsenal isn't a pre-season friendly, you're looking for this thread.... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91623462

It's a glorified friendly.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    It's a glorified friendly.

Run by the FA. I'd argue it's a domestic cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It's a shield not a cup, anyway if you've a problem report the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PARlance wrote: »
    I see a good City win coming here and if so, it's going to cause a big shake up.

Can see a lot of Sanchez picks being swapped over to Yaya (Toure ;)).
    And can see the potential for a massive pre season bandwagon on the likes of Navas (1.4%) or Jovetic with steady rises for Silva & Nasri.
    All based on the assumption that City will win well with a few goals banged in obv.

A high % of players may choose to ignore City's difficult fixtures.... Or rather than ignore, may just remember that a difficult fixture didn't count for much last year.

Scrap that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Regardless of thread....

Sanchez off at half time. Not a good sign for next week -- either injured, unfit or ineffective.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I don't think it's something we should really be bothered about at all, I'm just glad someone is posting what's happening in the game.

That Ramsey is some player eh

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Regardless of thread....

Sanchez off at half time. Not a good sign for next week -- either injured, unfit or ineffective.

Wenger just changing things around tbh, made 3 subs at half time. Wouldn't worry about it.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    It's a shield not a cup, anyway if you've a problem report the posts.

Report for what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Regardless of thread....

Ineffective. He didn't look on the same wave-length as his team mates which is understandable. It will take a him a couple of games to get his sharpness back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Giroud comes on to score a screamer of a goal, 3-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I haven't changed my team in a week, and all the recent friendlies and today's Community Shield have given me more faith in my team for GW1. Roll on Saturday.

Chelsea: Cech; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Zouma, Luis; Mikel, Ramires; Schurrle, Willian, Torres; Drogba

• Registered Users Posts: 16,657 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Drogba off injured so Costa looks a safe bet for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Think Costa was a safe bet either way.

Liverpool XI v Burnley today:

Jones ; Enrique, Toure, Sakho, Kelly ; Can, Coates, Allen ; Ibe, Suso, Lambert

Game was 2-1 to Liverpool after being 1-0 down. Was a 'behind closed doors' friendly so no idea who scored, and unsure if Coates actually played the DM role or if it was 3 CB's with Enrique and Kelly on the wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Game was 2-1 to Liverpool after being 1-0 down. Was a 'behind closed doors' friendly so no idea who scored, and unsure if Coates actually played the DM role or if it was 3 CB's with Enrique and Kelly on the wings.

Jesus... imagine that's how Liverpool were lining up! Goodnight Vienna :pac:

Good to see Can, Enrique and Lambert get some more game time pre season though. Hopefully Lambert managed to score which will give him a little confidence. he looked out of his depth any time i've seen him pre season.

Jesus... imagine that's how Liverpool were lining up! Goodnight Vienna :pac:

Good to see Can, Enrique and Lambert get some more game time pre season though. Hopefully Lambert managed to score which will give him a little confidence. he looked out of his depth any time i've seen him pre season.

I reckon it's a match fitness exercise as much as anything

I reckon it's a match fitness exercise as much as anything

Ah i would imagine so! Although i'd be quite happy if some of those players never played in a red shirt again *cough, joe allen*

Ah i would imagine so! Although i'd be quite happy if some of those players never played in a red shirt again *cough, joe allen*

I won't debate you on that as it's not related to this forum (I disagree and I like him) but there was rumours last week that he's in line for a return to Swansea in any Bony transfer.

Allen isn't fantasy-relevant anyway. Can is the only one from today's lineup that could be interesting if he gets forward a bit, only 5.5m. I reckon between Hendo, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic, Ibe, Suso and Sterling the attacking part of the midfield is covered and Can will be further back with Gerrard, who will be relevant for the set pieces. Allen is backup to Can right now.

• Advertisement

I won't debate you on that as it's not related to this forum (I disagree and I like him) but there was rumours last week that he's in line for a return to Swansea in any Bony transfer.

Allen isn't fantasy-relevant anyway. Can is the only one from today's lineup that could be interesting if he gets forward a bit, only 5.5m. I reckon between Hendo, Lallana, Coutinho, Markovic, Ibe, Suso and Sterling the attacking part of the midfield is covered and Can will be further back with Gerrard, who will be relevant for the set pieces. Allen is backup to Can right now.

The money spunked this transfer window is a joke. Bony at Liverpool ffs... we will struggle this year! Anyway like you said not for this forum

I agree though, Can is the only decent option BUT i see him coming in to fill a Lucas Leiva sized hole and don't see him becoming much FF potential in him in reality. Henderson at £6mil though may just prove to be a dark horse this season. I'm not in any rush to get him just yet but Rodgers seems to be putting a lot of faith in him and is marking him out for big things so come xmas he could become a decent option if he lives up to Rodgers hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,982 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The money spunked this transfer window is a joke. Bony at Liverpool ffs... we will struggle this year! Anyway like you said not for this forum

I agree though, Can is the only decent option BUT i see him coming in to fill a Lucas Leiva sized hole and don't see him becoming much FF potential in him in reality. Henderson at £6mil though may just prove to be a dark horse this season. I'm not in any rush to get him just yet but Rodgers seems to be putting a lot of faith in him and is marking him out for big things so come xmas he could become a decent option if he lives up to Rodgers hype.

Whether they play the same position or no, Can and Lucas are not very similar in their strengths and weaknesses.

CSF wrote: »
    Whether they play the same position or no, Can and Lucas are not very similar in their strengths and weaknesses.

Fully agree, i just don't see Can getting all that much opportunity to get forward, as 8-10 said the attacking portion of Liverpool's midfield is more than covered and I'd also have to agree that he will be playing a deeper more defensive role. He's even been played as a LB in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Basically a backup XI. Good idea to get them all up to match fitness, should they be needed. Lambert probably the only one I'd be semi interested in from an fpl perspective, in the sense he'd probably get the nod up top should Studge get injured, and in this scenario represent a good short term gamble, as I still fancy Liverpool to score a lot of goals this season

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Coates as the DM and Lambert got the two goals.

#mufc XI vs @ValenciaCF: De Gea; Jones, Smalling, Blackett; Young, Fletcher, Herrera, James; Mata; Rooney, Hernandez
    subs: Amos, M Keane, Cleverley, Fellaini, Kagawa, Lingard, Januzaj

pretty strong XI a couple of notable omissions in Shaw and Evans

Chelsea team tonight: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Ake; Fabregas, Matic; Ramires, Hazard, Schurrle; Costa. #CFC
    subs: Cech, Schwarzer, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Filipe Luis, Zouma, Mikel, Oscar, Van Ginkel, Salah, Moses, Willian, Torres.

Luis AND Azpi on bench :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

manual_man wrote: »
    Chelsea team tonight: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Ake; Fabregas, Matic; Ramires, Hazard, Schurrle; Costa. #CFC
    subs: Cech, Schwarzer, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Filipe Luis, Zouma, Mikel, Oscar, Van Ginkel, Salah, Moses, Willian, Torres.

Courtois! Thank fook. If he plays 90 he's in my team!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

manual_man wrote: »
    Mourinho trolling us :pac:. Glad I decided to find the extra 0.5m for Cahill

• Advertisement

Mourinho trolling us :pac:. Glad I decided to find the extra 0.5m for Cahill

Nightmare. I have Luis selected presently with the 0.5 lacking. Also have Mariappa with news today that Martin Kelly might be going to Palace

Advertisement