Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,930 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Interesting, have they given out any indication as to when they might resume sending out invites?

As far as i could see noting has been mentioned yet.
    I'd say it could be the end of the week at the earliest before they start emailing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JoeJoe79

Yipeeeeeeeee my OnePlus should be here tomorrow or Friday! Got an invite last Thursday after only 8 days on the forum from a kind member : ) Any questions about the whole process feel free to ask ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mynamewasgone!

Hey JoeJoe. Maybe you could fill me in on how you went about getting the invite? I've been looking at the forum and it seems to be very hard to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

ok after looking at the phone would be interested in buying one and selling my S4 19506

So if anyone can throw an invite my way much appreciate it

If I could be added to this invite list also it would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 JoeJoe79

Hey JoeJoe. Maybe you could fill me in on how you went about getting the invite? I've been looking at the forum and it seems to be very hard to follow.

So basically you'll need to join the forums...go to the invites section and hoover over page hitting F5 to refresh the whole time. I saw a guy giving away invites to gay techies so I clicked in to the giveaway. I happen to fit that category and was about the fifth to reply, pm him my instagram user name as proof (not that there is anything stereotypical in it : P) and then he pm me back asking for why I wanted the phone, typed my essay and then he sent it on to me. Said he loved that I took all that time! Turns out he had 4 other invites too and gave them to guys that he thought were attractive. Also sparked a huge discrimination call out my majority groups who for once felt discriminated against. I got great amusement out of people saying "it's like saying no invites for white people"...not quite : D

The whole thing is rather luck based but I do think you have a much better chance with these sort of giveaways where people require a little more than clicking on a link.

I also read this forum thread which basically underpins my experience on the week leading up to the invite. OCD mannerly involvement in the forums

I don't have enough posts on boards to post links though BAH!!! Find the thread "Members from Ireland?" on the OnePlus forum and we can help you out there : D

Hope some of that at least helps : D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Hey, i'd like to be added to the list for invites, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

I got my oneplus, thinking of selling it. Little big for my smallish fingers. Anyone have an opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

crazydom wrote: »
    I got my oneplus, thinking of selling it. Little big for my smallish fingers. Anyone have an opinion?
    ask in the other thread probably get answers/opinions there.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Where did you get it from after ? I thought you were still looking for an invite over the weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

Add me to the list please. Thank you.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Where did you get it from after ? I thought you were still looking for an invite over the weekend ?

I am a resourceful man. Resourceful but indecisive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

you might take your name off the list then?

give overs a chance.

I am not in charge of the list. That is perfect with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Would love to be added to the list, cheers.

did you buy it from Lanteen or aliexpress ? Or from Done deal or Adverts ? I'm only asking as I might be interested.

I bought it from a nice guy in Galway, drove to his house to meet him and check out the phone.
    He got it direct from OPO via extra invites. For me the phone is too large for my taste as I don't like to carry much in my pockets/slim wallet and visa card and minimal keys etc. If you can look past that/have a large phone already then you will be delighted.

http://postimg.org/gallery/a7nonsdy/

Those are the pictures.

I have a guy meeting me on Friday and he seems very genuine.

I bought it from a nice guy in Galway, drove to his house to meet him and check out the phone.
    He got it direct from OPO via extra invites. For me the phone is too large for my taste as I don't like to carry much in my pockets/slim wallet and visa card and minimal keys etc. If you can look past that/have a large phone already then you will be delighted.

http://postimg.org/gallery/a7nonsdy/

Those are the pictures.

I have a guy meeting me on Friday and he seems very genuine.

Ok thanks. Let me know if he pulls out.

List updated.
    Anyone able to tell me why the date/time field isn't inline ? Only started happening the other day.

• Advertisement

Ye can take me off the list again thanks. Just managed to get an invite on the OPO forum. With the exception of one for my housemate I will distribute the rest of the invites here once I receive some.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Ye can take me off the list again thanks. Just managed to get an invite on the OPO forum. With the exception of one for my housemate I will distribute the rest of the invites here once I receive some.
    I hope you do. In Spain at the moment and had a break in. Bye bye phones and tablet. Have to borrow an iPhone 3G for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

A break in on your hollybops? :eek:

daytob wrote: »
    A break in on your hollybops? :eek:

Yep happened during the week. 60 euro,Sgs3, bargain alert hp touchpad and the girlfriends iPhone 4s. Got the police report so travel insurance should cover them. Most annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

shizzle dude, sorry to hear that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

bazery wrote: »
    Have to borrow an iPhone 3G for a while!

That's my spare phone - had to resort to it a while back when I bust my Moto G's screen. Painfully slow! To think I queued for it on launch day :o

looking at the Oneplus forums seems invites have started to be given out again the last few hours,hopefully a few get sorted here.

yabadabado wrote: »
    looking at the Oneplus forums seems invites have started to be given out again the last few hours,hopefully a few get sorted here.
    Trying to avoid the oneplus forums. The content is mainly drivel! Good news tho

bazery wrote: »
    Trying to avoid the oneplus forums. The content is mainly drivel! Good news tho

Oh yeah some awful drivel on there,you would go nuts if you stayed on there too long.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    Oh yeah some awful drivel on there,you would go nuts if you stayed on there too long.

I was having a browse there this evening and couldn't stick it after a few minutes.

Advertisement