Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

He meets the criteria and should remain on the list I think.
    Looking at his posts they seem to be far from spam

I will say this much, thanks very much for speaking out!
    I saw that post this morning and I must say it has annoyed me. Its sad to get affected by something online. This is the negative aspect of any online forum, people trying to elevate themselves by stepping on others. Well its a form of bullying and I wont be cyber bullied. If people like that user want to feel good about themselves by making others unhappy it doesn't say much about them!
    I don't stand bully tactics offline and I wont stand it online!

The guy that came across posts to champion to have me removed seems to be annoyed that I "did not know enough" about what I was talking about on a post about a NAS. I built a computer last month and learned some things that I thought would help others and wanted to give that information if it helped others. He just jumped all over me. I am a genuine guy and want the phone for myself not for resale. I sold my Galaxy S4 and am using a Lumia 800 at the moment and its a humbling experience. I want this beastly Android and i'm willing to play by the rules and engage with the boards forum and users. I have been registered since 07 and I am not a pop in register get a phone kinda guy.

Tinie wrote: »
    Yeah great, that's all and well, but I'm getting the impression off you that you want priority of an invite for whatever reason. You need to wait your turn for an invite as many others are ahead of you on the list.
    If your that desperate for the phone, buy it off a Chinese seller website like others here have done.

I am sorry if I gave that impression. I am at the bottom of the list and I want 0 priority. I expected that when all of the names above me are sorted it would be my turn. I do not expect any preferential treatment. Merely I do not want to be removed from the list due to negative comments about me. I have no problem waiting. Did I explain myself sufficiently?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,921 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

crazydom wrote: »
    I will say this much, thanks very much for speaking out!
    I saw that post this morning and I must say it has annoyed me. Its sad to get affected by something online. This is the negative aspect of any online forum, people trying to elevate themselves by stepping on others. Well its a form of bullying and I wont be cyber bullied. If people like that user want to feel good about themselves by making others unhappy it doesn't say much about them!
    I don't stand bully tactics offline and I wont stand it online!

The guy that came across posts to champion to have me removed seems to be annoyed that I "did not know enough" about what I was talking about on a post about a NAS. I built a computer last month and learned some things that I thought would help others and wanted to give that information if it helped others. He just jumped all over me. I am a genuine guy and want the phone for myself not for resale. I sold my Galaxy S4 and am using a Lumia 800 at the moment and its a humbling experience. I want this beastly Android and i'm willing to play by the rules and engage with the boards forum and users. I have been registered since 07 and I am not a pop in register get a phone kinda guy.

I'd say put on the list guys but at the bottom like everyone else when they asked.

Crazy you may come across as your trying to get an invite asap but maybe that's host the phrasing you use. Just sit back and the list will move along and you'll get an invite eventually. Try not ask for invites on loads of threads that can just annoy people.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'd say put on the list guys but at the bottom like everyone else when they asked.

Crazy you may come across as your trying to get an invite asap but maybe that's host the phrasing you use. Just sit back and the list will move along and you'll get an invite eventually. Try not ask for invites on loads of threads that can just annoy people.

I think that is a fair comment. I am very excited about this phone and have gotten a little obsessed about it. I will chill out and wait. I'm happy waiting but just not very good at it lol

crazydom wrote: »
    I think that is a fair comment. I am very excited about this phone and have gotten a little obsessed about it. I will chill out and wait. I'm happy waiting but just not very good at it lol

Ok man. Look any info your looking for just post on the main one plus one thread so as not to take this one off topic.
    I'm in the same boat as you and really looking forward to the phone.

Sorry for derailing Yabadabado

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Hegarz

Could you count me in please and thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭hairypigeon

Could you count me in too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Yabas must be away for a few days he asked to look after the list. I'll add the new lads in the morning out on the piss now.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

Have it now 6 days. It is a brilliant piece of kit but i am thinking to go back to my nexus 5. Trying to find reasons not too. :-D

So

To sell or not to sell

that is the question...

what is the impression of others here with their phones...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭emo72

iwantthat wrote: »
    Have it now 6 days. It is a brilliant piece of kit but i am thinking to go back to my nexus 5. Trying to find reasons not too. :-D

So

To sell or not to sell

that is the question...

what is the impression of others here with their phones...

you might get a better response in the general thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057195395&page=46

i will respond to your question over there:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

is this still active? looking for an invite please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Great idea for a thread, would certainly be interested in putting my name down. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Yabas must be away for a few days he asked to look after the list. I'll add the new lads in the morning out on the piss now.

Cheers Chris ,very little internet access the last few days .I'll update d thread at some state today .
    All very quiet on the invite front .

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

Where on hangouts are people getting there invites. I'm starting to get desperate

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shaun Plays Games

Has anyone gotten an invite off someone on the actual oneplus forums?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

May I be added to the list please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Can I also be added to the list thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

i'd like an invite too if possible :pac:

was thinking of ordering from HK but got the heebiejeebies when I realised no warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shaun Plays Games

Can I get added to the list also please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Can I get added to the list please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Ubaroo

Could I be added to the list please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

If I could be added to the list, that would be most appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Remove me from list please. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

Is the list actually being worked through? ie anyone get a invitation of someone because you were on the list? If so is it one a week sort of thing? Very close to biting bullet on buying from HK but would prefer wait for proper invite. Just curious - Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

A few of got invites direct from the company and bought our phones this way. We are supposed to get more invites which we can then pass onto others. Just checked my account and nothing there yet - 8 days after my phone was dispatched.

yfaykya wrote: »
    Is the list actually being worked through? ie anyone get a invitation of someone because you were on the list? If so is it one a week sort of thing? Very close to biting bullet on buying from HK but would prefer wait for proper invite. Just curious - Thanks.

One plus had stopped sending out invites as they increase production to meet demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Principle Keeper

Add me please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

the people buying from abroad, what site are you using? I've never purchased from HK sites before.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yfaykya wrote: »

anyone on the list who has got sorted either got it through the hangouts or boards members ,20 people altogether but the problem now is Oneplus haven't released invites in over a week.
    polaris68 wrote: »
    A few of got invites direct from the company and bought our phones this way. We are supposed to get more invites which we can then pass onto others. Just checked my account and nothing there yet - 8 days after my phone was dispatched.

I ordered on 12/7/14 and still haven't got any invites to pass on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

emmetkenny wrote: »
    One plus had stopped sending out invites as they increase production to meet demand.

Interesting, have they given out any indication as to when they might resume sending out invites?

Advertisement