Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

manual_man wrote: »
    predicted price? 6.5 maybe??? might interest me in ultimate fpl

I was thinking 5.5 or 6.0 at most. None of their strikers started the season above 5.5 and since then they've done nothing except be the worst team in the league. Might depend on what Defoe's previous price in the game was but 6.0 is the highest id go even in ultimate

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah 6 seems about right. Defoe is still a decent striker. If they put Balo at 10 then...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

8-10 wrote: »
    I was thinking 5.5 or 6.0 at most. None of their strikers started the season above 5.5 and since then they've done nothing except be the worst team in the league. Might depend on what Defoe's previous price in the game was but 6.0 is the highest id go even in ultimate

His Prem scoring record is decent, actually think he'd suit Leicesters style of play really well, they have some tasty fixtures 2nd half of the season. If the deal goes quickly through might not be too long before we get a look at him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

manual_man wrote: »
    His Prem scoring record is decent, actually think he'd suit Leicesters style of play really well, they have some tasty fixtures 2nd half of the season. If the deal goes quickly through might not be too long before we get a look at him

I'd imagine he's only there til mid-end of February at the latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ings Kane and austin my front 3. Can't believe I'm only spending 17 million on my front 3 and am entirely happy with my selection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

What's the biggest margin you have caught some one in your league. i was 101 points behind leader at end of November now I'm ahead by 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,972 ✭✭✭G1032

What's the biggest margin you have caught some one in your league. i was 101 points behind leader at end of November now I'm ahead by 5.

Years ago I was 100+ points behind leader with 11 GW's left and I overtook him on the last day.
    The most incredible thing about that was that he was/still is an excellent FF player.

Reeling in big deficits like that though are the exception rather than the norm for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,011 ✭✭✭✭CSF

G1032 wrote: »
    Years ago I was 100+ points behind leader with 11 GW's left and I overtook him on the last day.
    The most incredible thing about that was that he was/still is an excellent FF player.

Reeling in big deficits like that though are the exception rather than the norm for me.
    This happened me before. I was the one caught rather than the one catching. I made sure to slaughter that league by about 150 points the next year to channel my pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Any real differences between having Terry or Cahill in your team? Terry maybe more of a threat for corners but I would say Cahill is also a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Any real differences between having Terry or Cahill in your team? Terry maybe more of a threat for corners but I would say Cahill is also a threat.

Terry has better baseline BPS scores the last few GWs and hasn't picked up a yellow this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Cahill has been badly misfiring in the past few games and is probably most at risk of being replaced in this window or at the very least dropped for a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Terry has better baseline BPS scores the last few GWs and hasn't picked up a yellow this season.

Jesus I didn't know that, no yellows after 20 games is a great feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

AdMMM wrote: »
    Cahill has been badly misfiring in the past few games and is probably most at risk of being replaced in this window or at the very least dropped for a few games.

also extremely lucky not to get a lengthy ban retrospectively for his kick-out and stamp on Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jeez this twitter lark is information overload!!

Di Maria -863 mins -65 PTS
    Silva -1142 mins -81 PTS
    Sanchez -1587 mins -122 PTS
    Fabregas -1684 mins -111 PTS
    Hazard -1756 mins -125 PTS

Fantasy Football Fix tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

FHFC wrote: »
    Jeez this twitter lark is information overload!!

Di Maria -863 mins -65 PTS
    Silva -1142 mins -81 PTS
    Sanchez -1587 mins -122 PTS
    Fabregas -1684 mins -111 PTS
    Hazard -1756 mins -125 PTS

Fantasy Football Fix tweet.
    Difficult to immediately interpret that, so to make it a bit more useful... here is what it equates to in terms of points per 90 mins played.

Di Maria: 6.77 points
    Silva: 6.38
    Sanchez: 6.91
    Fabregas: 5.93
    Hazard: 6.40

As good as they are, Aguero is currently working out at exactly 9 points per 90 mins played.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,011 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Difficult to immediatly interpret that, so to make it a bit more useful... here is what it equates to in terms of points per 90 mins played.

Nice. Hazard still looks the boss though when you consider how many he has played compared to Di Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I reqlly don't think LVG has got the best out of ADM. Too often he's withdrawn, putting in crosses from within ten yards of the halfway line. He needs to be more advanced to fulfil his FF potential, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I suspect that with Rooney deeper he will be moved further forward to utilise his pace to the maximum.

I have seen a few large Utd Twitter accounts suggest that LVG sees him in a striker sort of role to use hisnpace especially away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »
    I suspect that with Rooney deeper he will be moved further forward to utilise his pace to the maximum.

I have seen a few large Utd Twitter accounts suggest that LVG sees him in a striker sort of role to use hisnpace especially away from home.

His goal v Yeovil was a good example of that. I think they scored a very similar late goal (or maybe he missed when thru) earlier this season. He sits as the most forward player when they are defending set pieces and relies on his pace and the distribution of the likes of Rooney to try and get behind the defence if the opposition attack breaks down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

FHFC wrote: »
    His goal v Yeovil was a good example of that. I think they scored a very similar late goal (or maybe he missed when thru) earlier this season. He sits as the most forward player when they are defending set pieces and relies on his pace and the distribution of the likes of Rooney to try and get behind the defence if the opposition attack breaks down.

His miss against Arsenal was fairly similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I had both Rooney and di maria that day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Difficult to immediately interpret that, so to make it a bit more useful... here is what it equates to in terms of points per 90 mins played.

As good as they are, Aguero is currently working out at exactly 9 points per 90 mins played.
    What would make these stats a lot more accurate is if they did points per game. If Silva came on as a sub for 4 cameos, then that's gonna make his stats look better than Fabregas who generally gets 90mns. It's only if they play 0 minutes that it's better (seeing as you'd get an auto sub).

The Points per appearance (points/games played) really are....
    Aguero 7
    Sanchez 6.4
    Hazard 6.2
    Silva 5.8
    Fabregas 5.8
    Di Maria 5.4
    Yaya 5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I remember thinking that day would those 5 points come back to haunt me that day. I was the only one of my rivlas to have him at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think there is a fair chance adm will be put up front to use his pace with Falcao the one to miss out.

I think there is a fair chance adm will be put up front to use his pace with Falcao the one to miss out.

Yep me too. He went up top yesterday when Lvg could have moved Rooney up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yep me too. He went up top yesterday when Lvg could have moved Rooney up there.

I'm thinking this too so will have to sell falcao. not sure who I'll get in up front at this stage !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Hmmm, all this ADM talk has me wondering if Siggy and Rooney out for Kane and ADM would be a good move...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Hmmm, all this ADM talk has me wondering if Siggy and Rooney out for Kane and ADM would be a good move...

Keep Siggy for the next 4 GW's anyway.

3 out of 4 games are at home. He has returned 11, 8 and 2 points over the Xmas period.

Ki is off to the Africa Cup and Shelvey banned for 3 games!

Bony away to AFCON and Montero out injured ,,, he will play a key role for them in these matches, might be on pens too!

Chesty08 wrote: »

3 out of 4 games are at home. He has returned 11, 8 and 2 points over the Xmas period.

Bony away to AFCON and Montero out injured ,,, he will play a key role for them in these matches, might be on pens too!

Some people would see all them players being not available as a negative and a reason to get rid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Chesty08 wrote: »

They may have a number of home games, but his next 6 aren't exactly easy games. They play 3 of the top 4, as well as West Brom away who, if previous Pulis teams are anything to go by, won't let in too many.

Also, Lucas Hood's point is potentially very true, and I do wonder how Swansea will do without a number of key players.

Advertisement