Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looks like Pardew is going to Palace. Pulis to Newcastle would be nice...would double up on them at the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looks like Pardew is going to Palace. Pulis to Newcastle would be nice...would double up on them at the back!

Steve Bruce odds on for toon job........
    Pulis to hull would be nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Managerial merry go round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Lemlin wrote: »

Where's Warnock going? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

irish son wrote: »
    Where's Warnock going? :pac:

Dole office, probably

• Advertisement

scouttio wrote: »
    Dole office, probably

AFAIK he said Palace would be his last job before retiring. I think he even only took it because he had managed them before and was contacted.

Alan Irvine sacked now too.

Alan Irvine sacked now too.

That's been coming. Another man that shouldn't have been appointed IMO.

That's been coming. Another man that shouldn't have been appointed IMO.

was getting rid of wisdom in wildcard anyway but this confirms it. will he / won't he keep his place when new man comes in.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bit of a strange one for me this coming gameweek. My defensive options are Zabaleta (vs SUN), Azpilicueta (vs tot), Cresswell (vs WBA), Hutton (vs CPL) and Neil Taylor (vs qpr).

Zabaleta will definitely be in my starting line-up and when setting my team I've got Azpilcueta on the bench with Cresswell and Hutton starting to make up my 3.

Looking at clean sheet odds courtesy of Paddy Power, West Ham are 7/5, Chelsea are 7/5 and Aston Villa are 6/4. Virtually nothing in it. Even though Chelsea are slightly favoured over Villa for a clean sheet I personally feel more comfortable going with Hutton's fixture.

In addition, Boyd plays away to Newcastle, a nice fixture, and I have been stung by putting in a defender ahead of him on the bench on two occasions this season, so I'll be playing him 1st sub.

Feels strange to be going with Azpilicueta, a Chelsea defender and costing £6.0m + as my 2nd sub behind but that's the way I'll be going this gameweek. Am I mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Yaya, Boyd and bony to silva Kane and fabregas for -4 points? Might need to to it today for prices. Worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

martin101 wrote: »
    Yaya, Boyd and bony to silva Kane and fabregas for -4 points? Might need to to it today for prices. Worth it?

If Yaya isn't fit I'd just do Yaya to Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The guy leading one of my leagues who was 13th in the world, is now 10th. I'm just going to give up on the league and follow him like it's a soap opera.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

martin101 wrote: »

Getting in Kane ahead of a game against Chelsea is ridiculous. QPR are pretty poor in defense, so Bony is a decent bet to score. If maintaining team value is your main priority, go for it, if points total is more important, then hold fire. I could understand Yaya->Silva and keep your extra free transfer, Silva is on form and Yaya is off to Africa soon. So I'd advise that one transfer and then re-assess going into GW21, with an extra transfer in your pocket, and no points hit taken

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

@YayaToure: Just a note to say the boss rested me for the Burnley game,I am not injured...!I really hope to be involved against Sunderland! ‪#‎ComeOnCity‬!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

MY starting 11 will be the exact same as last GW - same C, same VC. Only change was transferring out one of my subs. Pretty certain I've never done that before!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bizarrely, my FPL website on my iphone has turned to the Spanish version, anyone with any idea what I might have pressed to make that happen and how to change it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    Bizarrely, my FPL website on my iphone has turned to the Spanish version, anyone with any idea what I might have pressed to make that happen and how to change it back?

It's a sign to captain silva

• Advertisement

there was an episode of Friends like this.
    Do you have a pet monkey ? :D

km79 wrote: »
    there was an episode of Friends like this.
    Do you have a pet monkey ? :D
    No, and my flatmate hasn't even been around since Christmas, I've been home alone.

...........are you saying that there have been ghosts and/or intruders in my apartment

In a similar vein, whenever I access the NFL website at home, the days of the games are either in German or Norwegian with everything else in English. I don't understand it either.

Pulis for West Brom according to BBC. I'm keeping Wisdom then.

Pulis for West Brom according to BBC. I'm keeping Wisdom then.

Me too for sure, between him, Hutton, and Van Aanholt at such low prices ive no idea which teams to be choosing my keepers from post-wildcard

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Me too for sure, between him, Hutton, and Van Aanholt at such low prices ive no idea which teams to be choosing my keepers from post-wildcard

Hutton and a West Brom defender offer perfect rotation, as do Sunderland and Newcastle obviously. A premium defender such as Terry plus coverage from those four teams and you have Terry + 2 home defenders every week for around £24m.

Villa have a horrible run from GW22 until GW 25, but after that they and West Brom offer very tasty home rotation.

Definitely something to strongly consider.

Paully D wrote: »
    Hutton and a West Brom defender offer perfect rotation, as do Sunderland and Newcastle obviously. A premium defender such as Terry plus coverage from those four teams and you have Terry + 2 home defenders every week for around £24m.

Villa have a horrible run from GW22 until GW 25, but after that they and West Brom offer very tasty home rotation.

Definitely something to strongly consider.
    Definitely, just leaves me wondering who to rotate in goals

Definitely, just leaves me wondering who to rotate in goals

If you're going to go Terry + 4 cheapies then maybe Hart/De Gea and a non playing cheapie could be looked at with the extra funds you'll have?

If you're going to go Terry + 4 cheapies then maybe Hart/De Gea and a non playing cheapie could be looked at with the extra funds you'll have?
    Those extra funds would go better towards funding the likes of Aguero, Sturridge or Di Maria upon their fitness. I'd really like a goalkeeper combo totalling 9.2 but amn't massively fond of doubling up teams with my defenders either. It will be a difficult balance to achieve. Injuries to more expensive defenders might help facilitate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Everyone triple up on West Brom defenders :eek:

:D

Advertisement